It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi zeogold, I would like to give both "Hero of the Kingdom" and "Hero of the Kingdom II" a go please. Thank you for your work in keeping this thread alive and humming!
low rated
EDIT: I see what this thread is now so I don't expect anything
HoweverI do not know how to delete posts yet so this is gonna have to stay up.
zeogold is still a babe tho

So is this zeogold babe giving people games?
Could I please request either Fallout 3/NV or ElderScrolls:Oblivion.
I would be forever in your thanks.
Post edited November 03, 2017 by TheHolyVertebae
bler144: I'm relieved to see there's a German language patch for Jack Keane 2.
But... but ... you are speaking German? *checks again* No, it says "United States" .... or maybe you have learned to speak German as well? The fun thing about the "Jack Keane 2" patch is that it's actually just an instruction how to modify the config file since the game here on GOG is multi lingual.
TheHolyVertebae: So is this zeogold babe giving people games?
Could I please request either Fallout 3/NV or ElderScrolls:Oblivion.
I would be forever in your thanks.
I know that zeo will reply in a long post to tell you what is wrong with your request but in general it's all wtitten here
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway_steam_edition/post1

Rule of thumb: please always read the OP to see how a thread is working. Every giveaway has its rules and they are usually stated in the OP. Please don't take this the wrong way it's just a friendly suggestion but far too many people have requested the wrong games just because they did not read the OP to see if they are eligible and what games they even could request.
Post edited November 02, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: The fun thing about the "Jack Keane 2" patch is that it's actually just an instruction how to modify the config file since the game here on GOG is multi lingual.
Yes I thought it was German programmers? I know you're an adventure fan, what did you think of Jack Keane Marko? It seemed to get quite a bit of stick so I have the first game but haven't played it because of that.
MarkoH01: The fun thing about the "Jack Keane 2" patch is that it's actually just an instruction how to modify the config file since the game here on GOG is multi lingual.
supplementscene: Yes I thought it was German programmers? I know you're an adventure fan, what did you think of Jack Keane Marko? It seemed to get quite a bit of stick so I have the first game but haven't played it because of that.
Yes, the game is developed by German devs, that's correct. Unfortunately I have to say that I did not even play it very long but only because of my limited time (I will have to stop using this forum so much - and quitting my job might help as well ;)). However Deck13 also developed the Ankh series which I enjoyed a lot and if Jack Keane is nearly the same I am sure that I will like it. I know that the Keane has not a big fanbase here on GOG but I like to get my own impressions. I started Jack Keane after switching it to German (just to check if it works) and played a bit through the introduction. So far I liked it but of course this being a point and click it's hard to judge the game just by the first few minutes.
May I have Insurgency?
low rated
***This Post is just a placeholder for now, so please disregard anything I post in here until further notice...
... thanks and sorry for the trouble of bouncing the thread for a non post, will be a one time thing though***

oh well, probably disregard this post altogether...
Post edited November 04, 2017 by BlackThorny
BlackThorny: snip
You sure you want to post this here? Even temporary? (I have to confess that I am not sure if this should still be disregarded or not). I highly doubt that this will not be downrated since basically you are posting a wishlist of keys in a thread in which you are supposed to ask for one or two keys from a specific list. You say you don't just want to get those handed and that's the reason you are posting this not in the gifting thread but you would like to be nominated for them which basically is just the same.

But the real issue I have with your post (or non post - but that does not matter since we all still can see it here) is that you actually have LOST so many keys - meaning you never redeemed them in the first place meaning you never played those and we are not talking about 2-3 keys here. You are telling us that you want those keys again but you never played them (otherwise they would not been lost) so it seems more as if your collection of keys is uncomplete. There may be one or two requests for keys for a specific game to complete a series or so but random keys from certain giveaways are not an actual collection at all and I fail to see the necessity to get exactly those back - especially if they weren't played yet.

Then with Outlast you even are telling that you still own the DRM-free version of the game and that you only want (to be nominated in time) for an additional steam key .... but why?

Last but not least you are including keys in your list which "may come back at some point" so in the end you might have them double.

It might be that I completely misunderstood your post but I still think that this is at least completely off topic and I would really suggest to reconsider your post. Like I said - it's hard to imagine that it won't get downvoted. And if this should be completely disregarded ... why write it here in the first place?
Post edited November 04, 2017 by MarkoH01
BlackThorny: snip
MarkoH01: You sure you want to post this here? Even temporary? (I have to confess that I am not sure if this should still be disregarded or not). I highly doubt that this will not be downrated since basically you are posting a wishlist of keys in a thread in which you are supposed to ask for one or two keys from a specific list. You say you don't just want to get those handed and that's the reason you are posting this not in the gifting thread but you would like to be nominated for them which basically is just the same.

But the real issue I have with your post (or non post - but that does not matter since we all still can see it here) is that you actually have LOST so many keys - meaning you never redeemed them in the first place meaning you never played those and we are not talking about 2-3 keys here. You are telling us that you want those keys again but you never played them (otherwise they would not been lost) so it seems more as if your collection of keys is uncomplete. There may be one or two requests for keys for a specific game to complete a series or so but random keys from certain giveaways are not an actual collection at all and I fail to see the necessity to get exactly those back - especially if they weren't played yet.

Then with Outlast you even are telling that you still own the DRM-free version of the game and that you only want (to be nominated in time) for an additional steam key .... but why?

Last but not least you are including keys in your list which "may come back at some point" so in the end you might have them double.

It might be that I completely misunderstood your post but I still think that this is at least completely off topic and I would really suggest to reconsider your post. Like I said - it's hard to imagine that it won't get downvoted. And if this should be completely diregarded ... why write it here in the first place?
I feel that explanations are due, so here goes:
1. The list is here mainly because this is a thread were keys are added regularly, some are from giveaways, so I felt it should be the best place (other then the gifting thread, and I explained why not there).
2. The point of the wishlist is to be just that, a wish list. I wish I had all these back, I don't presume to actually get all back (unless DLH and etc fix their issues), but I would prefer to do get them i-n t-i-m-e, preferably via another giveaway, probably not this one. Tropico 3 for example, I'd really hate to get by means of someone actually paying to get it, but If there will be another giveaway that I just happen to miss, getting a key from it by a third party seems ok.
In all, I would prefer to get all back within a year, maybe more, actually preferably more, as explained in 3.
3. I usually don't redeem keys. This goes for both steam and gog - I have a little over 100 games in my account, but more like 200 or more are stored as gifts, virtually all of which were bought with regular money (but a marginal part came from giveaways).
On steam I have a bit more, but most came from giveaways. Virtually everything else from trades and bundles, and under 5 were bought through steam itself with regular money. Because I'm against steam in general, I rather not add to my account there anything at all... unless I have to due to justified reasons.
"Justified" is subjective, but many times it's due to a connect offer on Gog, or a Family sharing thing, or an expiring giveaway... because I rather add something I don't play atm rather then let it go to waste. But...
4. In every case when I have a choice, I will not redeem a key I might otherwise give to a third party (this includes friends and family but also for giveaway purposes).
My Backlog is terrible as it is, and I rather not expand it with a game I won't have time to dwell in, when another party might get to enjoy it much sooner!
I actually lost this way quite a number of keys I got in giveaways here (one of them being Bad Mojo Redux btw), but I never complained (well maybe I asked once or twice the giver about it, but nothing in public), because I'm perfectly fine with it - that someone else is enjoying a game I would otherwise just keep as a trophy, for an undisclosed amount of time until... I have the time for it, get a more powerful pc, decide it's worth checking out, or whatever!
I'm actually pretty happy when that happens. For example me not redeeming a gift of Mag-runner allowed the gifter to hand the same key to his nephew to enjoy, so even If I lose from time to time I feel my effort is justified.
5. But, while losing for an actual person's benefit is a worthy cause, losing to a technicality is plain stupid... thus the whole point for that post in the first place.
Also I don't suppose I'll ever get anything twice. In the rare case I might have a duplicate, I'll just hand it back to Zeogold - As I never redeemed them, that will never be an issue. I actually have some keys waiting for just that atm, some of which I even got from Zeogold in the first place! I'm still pondering how to deal with that as I don't want to be considered a donor of a key that wasn't mine in the first place.
Oh, that's actually another reason why I keep them unredeemed - If a game I do have suddenly get a timed giveaway where I must redeem it, I rather know I didn't spend the key previously for a game I didn't even play yet.
I also wondered if anybody else encountered similar issues and may lend an advice, though in practice I am mainly in fault here.

Oh one last thing, the nominating thing was just to ensure If I happen to miss an addition of keys, and someone may feel I am worth for a nomination. I rarely visit this thread, and even If I spot something of interest I usually refrain from asking anything I consider too generous to be gotten for free. But if someone nominates me I might feel otherwise.
If this is frowned upon in this thread forget I even asked.
liquidsnakehpks: If its still available i would like to try Airport Madness 3d
andysheets1975: I would like to request Skullgirls, please?
mofofromjkt: hi zeogold,

may i request for dead age & dead effect 2 please ?
thanks
goldfishfingers: Hello zeogold,

I saw Enclave and Dungeon Souls on the first page and would love to give them a home where they'll be played with. It looks like my kind of game. Thanks :)
direspirefirewire: Hi zeogold, I would like to give both "Hero of the Kingdom" and "Hero of the Kingdom II" a go please. Thank you for your work in keeping this thread alive and humming!
Gerin: May I have Insurgency?
All granted.
Post edited November 05, 2017 by zeogold
TheHolyVertebae: zeogold is still a babe tho
Y-you too...(?)
zeogold: Edit: Holy moly, I've never seen link embedding screw up that badly before. Fixed.
MarkoH01: You didn't? Just take a sad look at the OP of my German Patch thread and you will cry.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general_de/sammelthread_zu_deutschmods_und_sprachpatches_fur_spiele_die_hier_nur_auf_englisch_erhaltlich_sin/post1
Holy crap, what a MESS! Like, I don't think I've ever SEEN so many ridiculous-looking words! You need to fix that right away, my tongue's begging for forgiveness just trying to pronounce half of that!
BlackThorny: *snip*
I saw your original post, but I'm only getting around to responding now:
I get what you're trying to do, but posting a wishlist on the thread and asking people to nominate you for X games isn't really gonna work. You may as well be posting on the "Non-GOG Gifting Thread" at that rate. It's one thing for a well-meaning soul to go "oh, this is on his wishlist, lemme nominate him for it", but it's another to try to spur the community to do this for you. It'd make more sense to ask somebody you know in private to do this if you're going to do it at all. That being said, the explanation is...quite something, I have to say.
BlackThorny: *even longer snip*
I...don't understand. Are you saying that you ask for keys but then hold onto them in anticipation of the rare offchance it gets given away for free en masse? Quite frankly, that seems fairly absurd and a little OCD to me, but I'm not judging.
If you have a key you got from somebody else that you want to donate (this has happened before), just let me know who the original donor was.
Post edited November 05, 2017 by zeogold
BlackThorny: *snip*
zeogold: I saw your original post, but I'm only getting around to responding now:
I get what you're trying to do, but posting a wishlist on the thread and asking people to nominate you for X games isn't really gonna work. You may as well be posting on the "Non-GOG Gifting Thread" at that rate. It's one thing for a well-meaning soul to go "oh, this is on his wishlist, lemme nominate him for it", but it's another to try to spur the community to do this for you. It'd make more sense to ask somebody you know in private to do this if you're going to do it at all. That being said, the explanation is...quite something, I have to say.
BlackThorny: *even longer snip*
zeogold: I...don't understand. Are you saying that you ask for keys but then hold onto them in anticipation of the rare offchance it gets given away for free en masse? Quite frankly, that seems fairly absurd and a little OCD to me, but I'm not judging.
If you have a key you got from somebody else that you want to donate (this has happened before), just let me know who the original donor was.
Ahm, not exactly.
Most of the keys I ever asked or participated in a giveaway for are for games I actually care for, either due to nostalgic factors, care for the setting, genre or studio, or heard good about them.
Given the time, I would gladly start playing each game I'm interested in literally the moment I get it.
Alas, time is a commodity I do not posses in the quantities to allow this, nor I believe there is enough time in the world to pursue my completionist needs - As I do wish to go through every title of a series before moving ahead to the later ones (the wizardly series in particular is giving me a hard time as I'm awaiting the first ones to resurface).
Anyways... Due to my realization that any title I might get may gather dust until I get to play it, and I don't like that feeling, I rather redeem a key only once I acknowledge I do have time for that title.
This may happen as soon as a few months from the time I got it (not likely), but may as well be years.
If by any chance in the meantime there was a giveaway (I mainly mean here mass giveaways from third parties rather than privately held ones by community members) of the same title, I will obviously pursue it, netting me a spare, and if that was a timed event forcing to redeem, I will neglectfully redeem it and add to my backlog (As if an unredeemed key is not part of the backlog... but I still convince myself otherwise... or at least try to convince myself).
Then there are mass giveaways of titles I... ahm, not particularly interested in, or have an interest but was planning to get to them at a much later point
- If they are timed and force redeeming I will try to disregard their presence in my account, but if these can be kept I will keep unredeemed. And yes I will probably keep spares for giving away (I hardly ever trade anyway).
- Unfortunately I rely on online services way more then I should, and keep the keys (and drm-free titles) mostly confined in the place I got them (another way to convince myself these titles are not *really* part of my backlog),
And thus reached to the point I posted... DLH was just the last straw. I fear Humble Bundle Drm-free being gone may only be a matter of time.
Anyways I'm at fault here, nothing to see really, move along :)

Regarding the keys for re-donation, I'll let you know as soon as I get these sorted myself. I do know for sure of at least one I can definitely send back, would you rather I just send it now or wait for a compiled list?
Thank you hurvl, MadyNor and zeogold for the keys! Downloading the game right now :)
Thanks zeo and MarkoH01 for the game
thank you heartburnron for the keys and thanks a heaps for the mighty zeogold