It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

kusumahendra: Also, if anyone wants to play a JRPG, there is The Last Remnant there. It's really good. I haven't finish it, but so far it's very enjoyable. Interesting world, good story, nice battle system. For me the only downside is the whiny main character. But it's bearable, especially since everything else is so good. I really recommend that game
ChaunceyK: When you say JRPG, do you also mean....turn-based combat? I'd look it up myself but I'm heading out to work.
It is turn based combat. But instead of controlling individual, you control group of fighters.

For example, lets say your party consists of 3 groups. You can determine who goes to which group, either one of important character or someone you hire from local guild.

In battle, you issue order to each group. Order be like 'attack using special tech', or 'go with magic' or like 'assist our friends'. After every group got their command, you execute it. This is where interesting happens

Every group (yours and enemies) have dynamic position on battle map. If you order a group to attack, it will run towards chosen enemies and attack when they are close enough. This behaviour opens up a tricky gameplay since your path can get cutted by other enemy group resulting they are flanking you. You can also get locked in battle and forced to fight. Your success and failure in executing command also affect overall morale of your party.

I really like this dynamic combat system. If you are OK with turn based combat, you should give this one a try. It's a refreshing take on traditional combat system
zeogold: ....oh, fine.
Can I at least keep ChaunceyK here? Please? Pretty please?
Granted! ;)

BTW: I recommend "One Finger Death Punch". It's simple to use (one mouse button only) but takes some concentration and coordination to master it. Also it has some nice grafik style, cool sound effects and I consider it to be quite addictive.
Post edited October 06, 2016 by MarkoH01
low rated
Hey zeo, you know you have A Virus Named Tom on the list twice? It's alphabetized under A and again under V.
Gerin: Hey zeo, you know you have A Virus Named Tom on the list twice? It's alphabetized under A and again under V.
Probably it just has spreaded :)
kusumahendra: Anyone knows the difference between Cave Story + and the free version?
I beat the free version back then before Cave Story + come to existence. I know + version was released some time ago but I don't know the difference between the two

Also, if anyone wants to play a JRPG, there is The Last Remnant there. It's really good. I haven't finish it, but so far it's very enjoyable. Interesting world, good story, nice battle system. For me the only downside is the whiny main character. But it's bearable, especially since everything else is so good. I really recommend that game
omega64: New graphics, music and some content. You can switch between the artstyles and 3 soundtracks whenever you want.
Isn't there, like, some 5 different versions, each with different content or something like that?
Gerin: Hey zeo, you know you have A Virus Named Tom on the list twice? It's alphabetized under A and again under V.
Y'know, I was WONDERING where the second copy of it went. When I added it, I was thinking "Gee, wasn't there another one of these still on the list...?" Thanks for pointing it out.
I'll just shift both over to the "V" section. Probably should dagger 'em too, given the scope of the reviews.

MarkoH01: Probably it just has spreaded :)
*achoo*
Post edited October 07, 2016 by zeogold
low rated
I hope not. My brother's name is Tom and I wouldn't advise anyone to get near him.
zeogold: Wizardry 6+7 added, courtesy of JunglePredator.
BlackThorny: Hi, May I ask for Wizardry 6+7, thanks in advance JunglePredator!
edit: also Risen. Been pondering about it for a while, might as well :)
Granted.
omega64: New graphics, music and some content. You can switch between the artstyles and 3 soundtracks whenever you want.
zeogold: Isn't there, like, some 5 different versions, each with different content or something like that?
5 different contents? Not sure a one man developer could manage that.

All I can find on the net is different skin for each difficulties setting, an unlock-able female protagonist with new dialog, few new game modes, and re-addition of a level that were cut in free version along with new graphic and music. I think I played enough of this game that I don't need to do another run since the only difference that interest me is that one additional level.

But if there are people here who haven't play this gem, go get it. This is a solid good platformer, quite long with good story and additional twist in + mode. And for it's historical value, this is the game that kickstarts indie gaming scene to it's current popularity, the one that made people realize that a single person can make a good game
zeogold: Isn't there, like, some 5 different versions, each with different content or something like that?
zeogold: Y'know, I was WONDERING where the second copy of it went. When I added it, I was thinking "Gee, wasn't there another one of these still on the list...?" Thanks for pointing it out.
I'll just shift both over to the "V" section. Probably should dagger 'em too, given the scope of the reviews.

zeogold: *achoo*
See now this wouldn't be problem if you just typed the game name into a "have" text file & used sort.
I get the feeling you're using GOG chat to organize the list. O.O
I must insist you switch to a text only file in your home folder & use sort EVERYTIME a new item is added.
low rated
I would like Eternal Champions and Arsenal of Democracy please.
zeogold: Y'know, I was WONDERING where the second copy of it went. When I added it, I was thinking "Gee, wasn't there another one of these still on the list...?" Thanks for pointing it out.

zeogold: *achoo*
3 versions, freeware, plus and 3d. 3d is the same as plus except with 3d effects added. Looks... different.
RogueXanter: I would like Eternal Champions and Arsenal of Democracy please.
Granted.
Hey Zeogold, I would like to get a key for Betrayer. Thanks
VVhiteVVolf: Hey Zeogold, I would like to get a key for Betrayer. Thanks
Granted.
JunglePredator: See now this wouldn't be problem if you just typed the game name into a "have" text file & used sort.
I get the feeling you're using GOG chat to organize the list. O.O
I must insist you switch to a text only file in your home folder & use sort EVERYTIME a new item is added.
He's on to me.
Post edited October 08, 2016 by zeogold
Since there are 3 copies of "Septerra Core", may I have one? I do already own it on CD, but I'd like to have a Steam copy. Thank you!