It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TT_TT_TT_TT: On an offtopic note -
anybody in here already played the new King Quest game? Is it any good? Considering buying the current Sierra Humble Bundle but not really sure if i would like the new King's Quest - loved the old ones though.
As JP alluded to above, the first chapter is free so you can try it out yourself to see if you think you'll like it.

(Personally I didn't like the first chapter and didn't even finish it, there were too many unskippable cutscenes and it felt more like an interactive movie than a game, very boring to me).
low rated
May I have Pride of Nations? I promise to pet it and take it for walks.
TT_TT_TT_TT: Thanks @Cinn314 for WWE 2K16
and thanks for running the GA zeo.

On an offtopic note -
anybody in here already played the new King Quest game? Is it any good? Considering buying the current Sierra Humble Bundle but not really sure if i would like the new King's Quest - loved the old ones though.
I've played the available third chapters so far (being a great fan of the old sierra games). First you'll have to accept that you are steering with keyboard mainly. Having not a big inventory the puzzles are not that hard being both classic p+c puzzles and quicktime based. The art style is simply amazing and the VO is good. Sometimes you have several ways to solve a specific puzzle. The first chapter so far was my favorite. The second one was much darker (I missed the humour of the first one) and the third was the easiest and shortest so far. If you are a KW fan you should definitely check out the free first chapter. Sometimes it feels as if you are playing a Disney Movie :) I cannot rtemember however if the cut scenes really were unskippable - I do remember that it had a lot of dialogue and cut scenes though.
Post edited September 09, 2016 by MarkoH01
if bibou still is available may I ask for it?
low rated
cecil: if bibou still is available may I ask for it?
You want it?

Alright... I'll give it to you.

Dunno why you'd only want it if bibou hasn't been claimed by anyone yet but oh well.

This might sting.

*grabs it out of the closet*

*turns lights out*

Don't move... it'll be easier.

On an offtopic note -
JunglePredator: I like the art style; puzzles are overly simple (so far) but then that kind of appeals to me as well; they actually seem logical (to a degree) unlike old adventure games where they used insane solutions. These ones aren't insane so maybe it just makes them seem easier... it's enjoyable so far.
Not a fan of the developers however... I paid full price for "Chapter 1" some time ago & they then started giving it away free despite still taking orders for it even though they knew they would be giving it away free... very dishonest.
TT_TT_TT_TT: On an offtopic note -
01kipper: As JP alluded to above, the first chapter is free so you can try it out yourself to see if you think you'll like it.

(Personally I didn't like the first chapter and didn't even finish it, there were too many unskippable cutscenes and it felt more like an interactive movie than a game, very boring to me).

On an offtopic note -
MarkoH01: I've played the available third chapters so far (being a great fan of the old sierra games). First you'll have to accept that you are steering with keyboard mainly. Having not a big inventory the puzzles are not that hard being both classic p+c puzzles and quicktime based. The art style is simply amazing and the VO is good. Sometimes you have several ways to solve a specific puzzle. The first chapter so far was my favorite. The second one was much darker (I missed the humour of the first one) and the third was the easiest and shortest so far. If you are a KW fan you should definitely check out the free first chapter. Sometimes it feels as if you are playing a Disney Movie :) I cannot rtemember however if the cut scenes really were unskippable - I do remember that it had a lot of dialogue and cut scenes though.
Thanks for your replies guys! Seems like i might be intestered but ya as you all told me the demo might be my best shot - luckily there is a few more days on the humble bundle anyway! So ya gonna try out the first chapter now.

@Jungle regarding that "paid" -------> giving away for free - ya stuff like this always has a really bad feeling i agree on that. Especially if it's like "Hey thanks for supporting us early and buying chapter 1 for full price - now we don't care anymore so please get out and while at it why don't you buy the either chapters at full price"
Rather than a "for all buyers of chapter 1 - we will start giving away chapter one from now to reach more customers - as i loyal customer we gonna give you a xyz discount on chapter 2-5 ^^"
low rated
Damn, wanna get the Humble bundle for Timeshift and the new King's Quest but Humble is declining my card for some reason. O_o
That's never happened there before.

Oh well better luck next time.

Edit: Problem solved thanks to a certain someone. :)
Post edited September 13, 2016 by omega64
JunglePredator: I like the art style; puzzles are overly simple (so far) but then that kind of appeals to me as well; they actually seem logical (to a degree) unlike old adventure games where they used insane solutions. These ones aren't insane so maybe it just makes them seem easier... it's enjoyable so far.
Not a fan of the developers however... I paid full price for "Chapter 1" some time ago & they then started giving it away free despite still taking orders for it even though they knew they would be giving it away free... very dishonest.
TT_TT_TT_TT:
01kipper: As JP alluded to above, the first chapter is free so you can try it out yourself to see if you think you'll like it.

TT_TT_TT_TT:
MarkoH01: I've played the available third chapters so far (being a great fan of the old sierra games). First you'll have to accept that you are steering with keyboard mainly. Having not a big inventory the puzzles are not that hard being both classic p+c puzzles and quicktime based. The art style is simply amazing and the VO is good. Sometimes you have several ways to solve a specific puzzle. The first chapter so far was my favorite. The second one was much darker (I missed the humour of the first one) and the third was the easiest and shortest so far. If you are a KW fan you should definitely check out the free first chapter. Sometimes it feels as if you are playing a Disney Movie :) I cannot rtemember however if the cut scenes really were unskippable - I do remember that it had a lot of dialogue and cut scenes though.
TT_TT_TT_TT: Thanks for your replies guys! Seems like i might be intestered but ya as you all told me the demo might be my best shot - luckily there is a few more days on the humble bundle anyway! So ya gonna try out the first chapter now.

@Jungle regarding that "paid" -------> giving away for free - ya stuff like this always has a really bad feeling i agree on that. Especially if it's like "Hey thanks for supporting us early and buying chapter 1 for full price - now we don't care anymore so please get out and while at it why don't you buy the either chapters at full price"
Rather than a "for all buyers of chapter 1 - we will start giving away chapter one from now to reach more customers - as i loyal customer we gonna give you a xyz discount on chapter 2-5 ^^"
Well not even that.... it's the fact that they KNEW they were going to be giving it away for free but still took $ for it despite it being worthless.
If they were selling a physical product they would have actually broke Canadian law with what they did.

omega64: Damn, wanna get the Humble bundle for Timeshift and the new King's Quest but Humble is declining my card for some reason. O_o

Careful with Timeshift; it doesn't run right on Windows 7 or higher; it crashes trying to do stuff with shaders.
The apparent fix, that I have not tried yet, is to limit your machine to a single physical dual core (or if the machine has more then 2 cores I take it disable any above 2 cores if you can... basically it's expecting a core 2 duo I take it).
MSConfig can disable cpus so shouldn't be a problem to do as long as you don't mind rebooting to play a single game each time.
Post edited September 13, 2016 by JunglePredator
JunglePredator: Careful with Timeshift; it doesn't run right on Windows 7 or higher; it crashes trying to do stuff with shaders.
The apparent fix, that I have not tried yet, is to limit your machine to a single physical dual core (or if the machine has more then 2 cores I take it disable any above 2 cores if you can... basically it's expecting a core 2 duo I take it).
MSConfig can disable cpus so shouldn't be a problem to do as long as you don't mind rebooting to play a single game each time.
O_o
Don't worry, it's not like I'm currently able to even buy it. :P
Thanks for the warning though.
omega64: Damn, wanna get the Humble bundle for Timeshift and the new King's Quest but Humble is declining my card for some reason. O_o

Have you tried using paypal as payment method?
JunglePredator: Well not even that.... it's the fact that they KNEW they were going to be giving it away for free but still took $ for it despite it being worthless.
If they were selling a physical product they would have actually broke Canadian law with what they did.

Careful with Timeshift; it doesn't run right on Windows 7 or higher; it crashes trying to do stuff with shaders.
You can disable cores on a game by game basis by modifying the shortcut used to launch it and using the Windows "START" command, although the syntax might seem a bit confusing/complex for some perhaps. It does the job though. Another way to do it is to use Task Manager and right click on a task and go to Set Affinity and disable unwanted cores. These are just ways built into Windows though and there might be other options available that have slipped my mind. There are 3rd party ways of doing it also however such as I believe AMD Overdrive or similar Intel tools I presume, or other 3rd party apps often used by overclockers and hot-rodders.

With all of these methods you can disable cores per-application without having to reboot your system or reconfigure your entire machine so other programs still get full use of your available resources. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else knows of some other interesting useful utilities that can further simplify the process though either.

Hope this helps.

MarkoH01: Have you tried using paypal as payment method?
Don't have a paypal account and not planning on getting one so nope
skeletonbow: You can disable cores on a game by game basis by ....
I was interested in this game and, following JunglePredator's useful admonition, I checked the Steam forums looking for more details.

There's plenty of people saying that setting affinity and other OS level solutions do not work. Only fiddling with the BIOS seems to work. :(

Also, I read more posts saying that Intel CPUs are the main cuplrit, regardless of the Windows version.

MarkoH01: Have you tried using paypal as payment method?
Wouldn't help, Paypal was offline for a lot of site this morning. I was going to pick up some of the Sierra stuff, but HB couldn't connect to Paypal.

Indiegala had the same problem as well.

Lasted at least four hours . . . could still be down as far as I know, haven't tried it in a while.
skeletonbow: You can disable cores on a game by game basis by ....
madth3: I was interested in this game and, following JunglePredator's useful admonition, I checked the Steam forums looking for more details.

There's plenty of people saying that setting affinity and other OS level solutions do not work. Only fiddling with the BIOS seems to work. :(

Also, I read more posts saying that Intel CPUs are the main cuplrit, regardless of the Windows version.
Sounds like it's something to do with that the game can "see".
Disabling via taskman means the game still loads into a multi-core system... but using bios or msconfig means it should load into a dual core system.
Just tried startaffinity & that just fails... course there's a chance it doesn't work on windows 10 since it hasn't been update since Vista I believe.