It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zeogold: Ehm...thing is, I've been having a touch of trouble attempting to get the keys to the front page.
More specifically, the list is literally getting too big.
Which you people could easily fix if y'all would just TAKE SOMETHING! ANYTHING! PLEASE!
*ahem*
TT_TT_TT_TT: Well may i request Endless Space ?

Also @others - Risen 2 and Hitman 2 are still for grabs - there must be a taker in here somewhere? While Hitman 2 aint as good as Blood Money it's still a really nice game and still quite playable in 2016. And i mean Risen 2 - Nice Graphics, nice atmosphere and pirates! Combat may be a bit flunky and well the story wont win a prize anytime soon :D - but still a really good and entertaining game.
True. Hitman 2 been there so long baffles me most when I look at the list. It's not only a nice game, it's a very good game. It's basically the game that perfected hitman gameplay basic formula. Graphic is quite good, levels are big and challenging and gameplay is superb. I really wonder why no one takes it yet.
kusumahendra: True. Hitman 2 been there so long baffles me most when I look at the list. It's not only a nice game, it's a very good game. It's basically the game that perfected hitman gameplay basic formula. Graphic is quite good, levels are big and challenging and gameplay is superb. I really wonder why no one takes it yet.
I've tried all Hitman games so far I've only been able to stomach any except Absolution.
I'd like the controls/gameplay to be explained in some way. xD

Blood Money overwhelmed me after the first mission, got this screen where I could buy whatever I wanted. (from what I remember)
Post edited May 25, 2016 by omega64
I've looked at the list and there is no game I want there, so I guess I'm like everybody else here, not doing anything to ease your plight.

On the contrary, I have several games I'd like to get rid of. However, as you say yourself, the list is already very large and no one seems to be in the mood of reducing it by requesting games, so I wonder if there's any point in me donating to it.

I've tried to trade away games here and on Steam's forums that I got in bundles that I weren't interested in, but I still have plenty of games left. I then thought I would either make a new post in one of the existing giveaway threads here at GoG or make a "No one wants to trade with me giveaway" thread myself.

What are the (un)written rules here at GoG, would people frown upon me doing a separate giveaway thread just for this one occasion? Should I rather make a new post at e.g. the Ninja giveaway thread instead?
hurvl:
You could create your own giveaway, you'd need to watch out for scammers though.

Not even one game here you're interested in? :P
hurvl:
omega64: You could create your own giveaway, you'd need to watch out for scammers though.

Maybe he would be interested in games NOT (yet) on the list but still available here? Maybe zeo should tell us again whin games did not make it on the list because there is no place left. Zeo could also strike the limit completely for a period of time. It might be that some people aren't requesting atm because of the limit.
Post edited May 25, 2016 by MarkoH01
omega64: You could create your own giveaway, you'd need to watch out for scammers though.

MarkoH01: Maybe he would be interested in games NOT (yet) on the list but still available here? Maybe zeo should tell us again whin games did not make it on the list because there is no place left.
That would be wise.

I wonder, do posts have a line limit or a character limit?
hurvl:

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'll create my own giveaway thread then, because it will be fun to portray myself as a "luxury problem guy" who is tired of waiting for people that want to trade with him and therefore gives away his games; generosity born out of boredom.

Honestly, that's not that far from the truth, because I don't care at all about most of the games I have for trade, so I don't care if any scammers get them either.

As for your list, there are a few games I might be interested in, but that I'm not sure I'll like. With my backlog, they'll likely sit and wait until a year or two before I get in the mood of playing something flawed. Gorky 17 and Knightshift seems like they could be fun if you're not expecting anything great, but I'm currently in the mood for playing something great after Deus Ex: Human Revolution showed me what a game could be like. So I've just completed Bioshock 1 and have now started playing Mass Effect 1.
Post edited May 25, 2016 by hurvl
hurvl: So I've just completed Bioshock 1 and have now started playing Mass Effect 1.
Have fun playing ME1. 2 is where it really gets good.
The first is a bit clunky.
Wouldn't know about 3 as I haven't played it yet. :P
kusumahendra: True. Hitman 2 been there so long baffles me most when I look at the list. It's not only a nice game, it's a very good game. It's basically the game that perfected hitman gameplay basic formula. Graphic is quite good, levels are big and challenging and gameplay is superb. I really wonder why no one takes it yet.
omega64: I've tried all Hitman games so far I've only been able to stomach any except Absolution.
I'd like the controls/gameplay to be explained in some way. xD

Blood Money overwhelmed me after the first mission, got this screen where I could buy whatever I wanted. (from what I remember)
I don't think there is any problem with control of Hitman games. It plays like any 3rd person games, mouse to look, some button for walking and crouching, and some more buttons to attack or do any action such as opening door or dragging bodies

Gameplay though, might need some explanation. I'd admit I only played a little of 1st and Blood money, and I haven't finished Hitman 2. However I think I understand strong points of Hitman games. And Hitman is a unique game, because it simply has no competition. There is no other game like it, just like Deus Ex or Thief that's basically alone in their own category.

You don't play Hitman as an action games. Far from it. On the very base level, Hitman is a puzzle game. A real time one. Basically, every level gives you tools, obstacle, and mission. You can go seek your tools, analyze how obstacles behave and find the path that works for your advantage to help you finish the mission. I'll give example with 1st mission of Hitman 2. On the mission, you need to kill a man in his villa. It's heavily guarded by security. You need to break in, and then find him, and kill him.

You can enter the villa by disguising as a delivery man (take out the real delivery man and take his clothes), or go to side of villa and wait for a guard to come out, take him out and disguise as a guard. And then you can get into house via front door or circle around and find another way to enter. For example, I find a stair near a pool that leads directly to 2nd floor room, where my target is. But there are a lot of guards, and I need to wait for the right moment. When no one sees me, I climb the ladder, get into the room and before my target realize I strangle him with my wire, killing him silently. I then walk out calmly and only after I'm close to my exit point the guards realize their boss had died.

On every level, there are many paths available to achieve our mission. We need to find it, and execute it flawlessly. Learning guards patrols path, and find that slim chance to pass through, figure out which disguise works for our plan, which route to take, and how we're gonna take down out target. That's the appeal of Hitman games to me. That's is the perfection that's achieved by Hitman 2. But since every Hitman fans swore upon Blood Money, I guess it takes it even higher.
kusumahendra: On every level, there are many paths available to achieve our mission. We need to find it, and execute it flawlessly. Learning guards patrols path, and find that slim chance to pass through, figure out which disguise works for our plan, which route to take, and how we're gonna take down out target. That's the appeal of Hitman games to me. That's is the perfection that's achieved by Hitman 2. But since every Hitman fans swore upon Blood Money, I guess it takes it even higher.
Yeah, sure sounds like it did.
hurvl: So I've just completed Bioshock 1 and have now started playing Mass Effect 1.
omega64: Have fun playing ME1. 2 is where it really gets good.
The first is a bit clunky.
Wouldn't know about 3 as I haven't played it yet. :P
2 is much more action oriented. Even though the graphics got better in 2 I disliked the kind of mission based gameplay and the looting and leveling was not that much fun as it was in 1 either. ME 3 has a great beginning and some nice or dramatic moments where you can meet old relatives again. Regarding the ending of the trilogy people have different opinions - I liked it.
"Cook, Serve, Delicious" is a really great game, I really recommend it!
TT_TT_TT_TT: Well may i request Endless Space ?
Indeed.
Granted.
hurvl: On the contrary, I have several games I'd like to get rid of. However, as you say yourself, the list is already very large and no one seems to be in the mood of reducing it by requesting games, so I wonder if there's any point in me donating to it.
No, you can go ahead and do it. Depending on the game, it may unexpectedly be something somebody was waiting for, like how Bler was waiting for GemCraft. I'm also about to take some steps to fix the list a bit.
hurvl: What are the (un)written rules here at GoG, would people frown upon me doing a separate giveaway thread just for this one occasion? Should I rather make a new post at e.g. the Ninja giveaway thread instead?
Nope, there's nothing wrong with that at all. You're perfectly free to make your own giveaway. The primary purpose of this one is if you don't want to do the moderating of who gets what yourself, as giveaways, particularly Steam ones, have a tendency to attract scammers in swarms, and, sadly, often result in them being shut down.
The Ninja Giveaway, while containing good intentions, is typically reserved for only the worst of the worst of the keys you have, something nobody would want to take, even in a giveaway. The reason for this is that the Ninja Giveaway is FULL of scammers. All they do is snatch the code and don't even have to leave so much as a thanks. There is, of course, a chance that somebody reputable will take it and appreciate it, but just know that dropping the code there leaves a heavy probability that you're throwing it to the wind.
MarkoH01: Maybe he would be interested in games NOT (yet) on the list but still available here?whin games did not make it on the list because there is no place left.
I'm going to do that once I fix the list a bit. I'm going to be shifting the contents around so that some of the stuff from the lower list gets put on the upper one. I may or may not shift things to the OP as well. I will, of course, give you an update.
I can tell you for sure that there's one I KNOW a lot of you will be interested in.

MarkoH01: Zeo could also strike the limit completely for a period of time. It might be that some people aren't requesting atm because of the limit.
Funny. You predicted my next move.
Post edited May 25, 2016 by zeogold
MarkoH01: Zeo could also strike the limit completely for a period of time. It might be that some people aren't requesting atm because of the limit.
zeogold: Funny. You predicted my next move.
It would be to much work, but the best would be two list, one with limit and one without, and after some time in the "limit list" game would go to "no limit list"... just thought :P

hurvl: On the contrary, I have several games I'd like to get rid of. However, as you say yourself, the list is already very large and no one seems to be in the mood of reducing it by requesting games, so I wonder if there's any point in me donating to it.
zeogold: No, you can go ahead and do it. Depending on the game, it may unexpectedly be something somebody was waiting for, like how Bler was waiting for GemCraft. I'm also about to take some steps to fix the list a bit.
Hmm, so that's make me wait-er? :S
Post edited May 25, 2016 by Trid
zeogold: Funny. You predicted my next move.
Trid: It would be to much work, but the best would be 2 list, one with limit and one without, and after some time in the "limit line" game would go to "no limit line"... just thought :P
Actually, I've stated in the rules that DLC, games with low ratings, and games that were recently given away for free will not count towards the limit.