It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
slurredprey: Thanks to GamezRanker and finkleroy for Grimm!
Have fun butt stomping with Grimm. :)

-

Lexor: Yes, that's the method I used for both Google and DuckDuckGo. :) It still surprises me that Google shows less results than DuckDuckGo as it raises a lot of questions in my head, like: What about years of experience in building searching engine? Does that mean that DDG is now better than G? Or maybe DDG shows more results as I use it as my default engine? It's also kind of strange that "privacy protected" engine can fish more results out of the web.
It could be partly because google is known to skew search results for various (including financial) reasons.
Post edited August 27, 2021 by GamezRanker
Lexor: snip
What about years of experience in building searching engine?
Well, you have experienced an example of the biased/manipulated/censored results of Google.
Rivers of ink have flowed on this subject for so long. Just google "search neutrality"
There was a time when the Google SEO (Search Engine Optimization) crap did not exist and the usage of advanced operators plus the use of the exact terms for what you were looking for would give you the crude full results. (I really miss those times!)
Surprisingly, years go by and no real contender appears: They just leech the big G or their own effort to index the internet falls notably short so we mortals better need to stay on G...
By the way, on my experience, Bing is the one that provides the longer results list for this very specific search (user-nickname GOG forum activity)
Regards folks!
tag+: By the way, on my experience, Bing is the one that provides the longer results list for this very specific search (user-nickname GOG forum activity)
And DuckDuckGo uses Bing under the hood.
mrkgnao: ...
MarkoH01: ...
GamezRanker: ...
tag+: ...
ssling: ...
Thank you for the replies. Now I've noticed something weird so maybe you will help to explain this.

As I said, I do not use Google as my default searching engine so, also by default, I have blocked its scripts (coming from google.com and gstatic.com) which are, by the way, also active on gog.com. Yesterday, to check my results in Google I had to unblock these scripts for a while.

Today, to my surprise, I can see not one but two threads connected to my name in Google in the past month - the new one is this one (where I replied having google scripts unblocked at the same time).

So maybe this is the reason why Google can not track me good enough? Maybe Google's search is a "passive" one (it gathers all the info connected to these scripts) and DuckDuckGo is an "active" one (it actually looks itself for the info on the web)?
Lexor: *snip*
Guessing this isn't the thread to discuss this to such an extent.
Lexor: I do not know the way you are searching for posts (and do not share your method) but I was wondering how I am visible in Google and it shows only one thread with my name in the past month.

And then I checked my default search engine DuckDuckGo in the same way and it shows full page of threads. It's a kind of surprise for me. :o
finkleroy: First I see if I have any chat history with you to see if you've ever been granted a key. If so, I tend to be more lenient when checking. Then I search the general discussion forum for your username, and click on whatever threads to find out if you've actually posted or if your name was just mentioned or quoted a lot. If I'm still unsure if you're eligible, I search google for the following: "site.gog.com [username]". I then sort by date for posts from the past month. I see tons of results for your username on the forum, and 10+ total pages of results on Google. Only one result in the past month on Google, but quite a few by searching the forum, and you've been eligible in the past, so I'd declare you to be eligible.
Just out of curiosity: Do you only search for results in the english forum or do you accept posts in other language forums too?
yogibeer: Ok, I must admit that I'm not a very active user, so I understand where this is coming from :)
Come to Fallout forums to talk about Fallout for a while and soon you'll be eligible.

TheDudeLebowski: Guessing this isn't the thread to discuss this to such an extent.
Lexor saga almost qualifies for DnDfication with the whole side quest story arc.
Not sure if this is the right time to ask, considering the ongoing discussion about search engines, but...

I would like to ask for Deus Ex GOTY Edition, if I may.
s1drano: Not sure if this is the right time to ask, considering the ongoing discussion about search engines, but...
isn't it always the right time to go back on topic? :)
high rated
s1drano: Not sure if this is the right time to ask, considering the ongoing discussion about search engines, but...

I would like to ask for Deus Ex GOTY Edition, if I may.
Granted.
Dogmaus: isn't it always the right time to go back on topic? :)
You're probably right.

finkleroy: Granted.
Many thanks to deja65 for the donation, and to finkleroy for managing this giveaway!
high rated
Today is the second anniversary of the beginning of this iteration of this giveaway. Many thanks to all the donors and everyone who ran this giveaway before me!
Congratulations for the anniversary! Thank you indeed to everyone involved for their time and generosity!
Congrats on the anniversary! What an amazing community this is. Thanks to finkleroy and the others for the work involved in keeping this going.
Congrats! Thanks to the donors and finkleroy for keeping it going!
Post edited August 31, 2021 by slurredprey