It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
frogthroat: Ok, back to topic:

May I request Mad Max, please?
Granted.
JakobFel: May I request the 8Doors: Arum's Afterlife Adventure demo from the daggered keys? I just noticed that I still don't have that one for whatever reason.
Granted.
MysterD: May I request Blood Bowl 2: Legendary Edition?

To everyone, in advance - thanks!
Granted.
Ice_Mage: I see no way to find all posts by a certain user, even your own. I've been participating in the forums since at least mid-January and you've previously granted requests to users with half my forum reputation. I am familiar with both the forums and the rules of this giveaway, but given your response, I find it impossible to tell what actual criteria you have.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Take care.
Forum reputation points mean absolutely nothing. Less than nothing, really. All I care about is how much recent forum activity you have. I check in two ways, both of which are far from perfect, as I've pointed out, but they're all I have at my disposal. I search the general discussion forum for the person's username, which shows threads that either the user has posted in or where their username was mentioned. I then go through the posts to see why the result popped up. I then search Google for "site:gog.com (username)".

I just searched the forum for your name, and again, it returned 0 results. I then clicked the link you gave to one of your posts. Clearly the forum software, which we all know is broken, is giving me incorrect information. As a result, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and declare you eligible. Sorry for the mix-up.
Post edited July 14, 2021 by finkleroy
Thank you to both:

- Finkleroy for the awesome giveaways and this thread....
- ...and Doc0075 for the Blood Bowl 2: LE game.

Very much appreciated! :)
Post edited July 14, 2021 by MysterD
Thank you finkleroy for the great service. Pleasure, as always.

And thank you Doc0075 for Mad Max. I'll start drivin' and fightin'.
high rated
finkleroy: I just searched the forum for your name, and again, it returned 0 results. I then clicked the link you gave to one of your posts. Clearly the forum software, which we all know is broken, is giving me incorrect information. As a result, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and declare you eligible. Sorry for the mix-up.
Probably because of the _ in the name. When I was in your position, that quite often the forum search could not handle names with an underscore.
I've been watching since the weekend - how has no one requested Curse of the Dead Gods yet with two copies sitting there?

I've been resisting (in part b/c I will probably suck at it and also because my current game list is already overlong), but suuuuper tempting.
low rated
Trooper1270: I know, but who reads them ?...
I know what ya mean.....I make contests every now and then, and there's always a few who seem to miss some things listed in the rules. o.0
(of course I don't mind it as much, as my contests are more laid back, but I wish people would at least skim them a bit more :))

-=-=-=-=-=-

TheDudeLebowski: Google searching is a way to find posts by a certain user. A helpful string is: site:gog.com "finkleroy"
This is such a useful trick...thanks for posting it(I mean for others...I already knew about it).

Musing: there's just one problem with that method that I can see......if a user changes their user name, and someone is searching for their new user name only, and not their old one(s).

-=-=-=-=-=-

finkleroy: I just searched the forum for your name, and again, it returned 0 results. I then clicked the link you gave to one of your posts. Clearly the forum software, which we all know is broken, is giving me incorrect information.
Hmm, I wonder if the underscore in their name is what caused it(no results to show up, I mean)? Either way, yeah....the forum software be quite broken.

-=-=-=-=-

moonshineshadow: Probably because of the _ in the name. When I was in your position, that quite often the forum search could not handle names with an underscore.
Didn't see this before replying to Fink.....yeah, that was my thought as well......thanks for verifying it.

-=-=-=-=-

bler144: I've been watching since the weekend - how has no one requested Curse of the Dead Gods yet with two copies sitting there?
My guess is that many of the regulars who are eligible likely already partook in the giveaway this month(due to the generosity of Doc and with the help of Finkleroy).

bler144: I've been resisting (in part b/c I will probably suck at it and also because my current game list is already overlong), but suuuuper tempting.
Just give in....ya know you wanna. o.0 ;D
Post edited July 15, 2021 by GamezRanker
bler144: I've been watching since the weekend - how has no one requested Curse of the Dead Gods yet with two copies sitting there?

I've been resisting (in part b/c I will probably suck at it and also because my current game list is already overlong), but suuuuper tempting.
If you want to see a magic trick, just wait 17 days, 7 hours and 19 minutes. And, poof, they'll disappear.
Thank you solar_dome and finkleroy for the 8Doors demo!
I have both
https://www.gog.com/game/syberia
and
https://www.gog.com/game/syberia_2

Claiming the giveaway
https://www.gog.com/game/syberia_i_ii

For me, this fails to generate an extra game code.
I guess it has less to do with the games owned, and more to do with game URLs.
solar_dome: I have both
https://www.gog.com/game/syberia
and
https://www.gog.com/game/syberia_2

Claiming the giveaway
https://www.gog.com/game/syberia_i_ii

For me, this fails to generate an extra game code.
I guess it has less to do with the games owned, and more to do with game URLs.
As a workaround for this, add the bundle to your shopping cart from the sidebar on this page. You can then check it out for free and receive a gift key.
finkleroy: I search the general discussion forum for the person's username, which shows threads that either the user has posted in or where their username was mentioned.
Forum search actually only does the latter of the two from what I've been able to tell. Someone needs to quote a previous post by the user, or mention their username manually, and otherwise the user won't show up.

Not that it matters in this case, as Ice_Mage has been replied to multiple times - e.g. here, and so it's the bug with underscores that causes the lack of results.
Post edited July 15, 2021 by gogtrial34987
GOG really need to add a "Posts: " count between the Rep and Registered on the left. That would ease finkleroy's workload a lot plus solve the problem of users who keep changing their name / using characters that GOG forum has issues with.
AB2012: GOG really need to add a "Posts: " count between the Rep and Registered on the left. That would ease finkleroy's workload a lot plus solve the problem of users who keep changing their name / using characters that GOG forum has issues with.
GOG should imo ditch the site completely.
I mean making a brand new one, saving the user profiles data (not to lose games), migrating them and then mercykill this wreckage of a website.
I don't know how feasible it is, though...
As it seems abuntantly clear by now, there is no way for them to fix anything currently, as anybody able is long since gone and the code is apparently an unholy mess.
AB2012: GOG really need to add a "Posts: " count between the Rep and Registered on the left.
You can post it here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_com_features_wishlist/page1
AB2012: GOG really need to add a "Posts: " count between the Rep and Registered on the left.
frogthroat: You can post it here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_com_features_wishlist/page1
I actually did (wishlist was titled "Forum Total Post Count") but for some reason it's not showing in search. It looks like GOG needs to upgrade the forum in order to accept wishlist's about upgrading the forum. :-)