It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

finkleroy: Makotolia said, "What I mean by this is that if you don't want it, it's not against you, but the rules are like this. The host of this post is quite good", so I said, "Thanks for your kind words." (Please forgive the use of Google Translate)
Yes, I see, and "客气话" is a thing from now on. <3 I'm gonna use it :)
Nice Christmas if you follow the Old Calendar!
Thank you for GamezRanker and finkleroy for Ankh 2: Heart of Osiris .
Well, if I”m to do it in English myself, it’ll probably be like “if you don’t get the game you requested in the end, I hope you understand that it’s nothing personal (or “not against you”. I can’t decide which one’s more accurate), but simply that you haven’t met the requirements listed in the rules yet. The host of this thread is quite nice actually.”

As for “客气话”, it would be “polite words” if translated by me, which can have a layer of “nice but not so true” factor with it, so I guess “好话” or “肯定” may be more true to the original “kind words”. Then again, referring others’s praise for oneself as “polite words” can be a kind of demonstration of modesty, so, maybe it’s just that Google has far surpassed my level ;)
DD & Ji Ji: Thank you for GamezRanker and finkleroy for Ankh 2: Heart of Osiris .
Hope you like it :)
(I played 1/3 of the first one...it is quite nice)
Makotolia: Well, if I”m to do it in English myself, it’ll probably be like “if you don’t get the game you requested in the end, I hope you understand that it’s nothing personal (or “not against you”. I can’t decide which one’s more accurate), but simply that you haven’t met the requirements listed in the rules yet. The host of this thread is quite nice actually.”

As for “客气话”, it would be “polite words” if translated by me, which can have a layer of “nice but not so true” factor with it, so I guess “好话” or “肯定” may be more true to the original “kind words”. Then again, referring others’s praise for oneself as “polite words” can be a kind of demonstration of modesty, so, maybe it’s just that Google has far surpassed my level ;)
Google Translate isn't exactly the greatest nor the most accurate for translating chinese.
I have personally seen it not translate many things at all.
Other tools should be used if accuracy is desired.
Tho I don't know chinese myself so I won't recommend anything in particular.
low rated
Hi
Makotolia: As for “客气话”, it would be “polite words” if translated by me, which can have a layer of “nice but not so true” factor with it
Yes it's understandable but I'm silly and I like to imagine that's a new language in which you can only say nice things. It would be good if it was the official language in the forum, expecially in later times. Sorry for the OT. :) I was just messing around a little.
Makotolia: As for “客气话”, it would be “polite words” if translated by me, which can have a layer of “nice but not so true” factor with it
Dogmaus: Yes it's understandable but I'm silly and I like to imagine that's a new language in which you can only say nice things. It would be good if it was the official language in the forum, expecially in later times. Sorry for the OT. :) I was just messing around a little.
You mean if chinese would be official language on the forum instead of english?
I will keep my opinion on that for myself... Tho if that's what you meant then it's rather controversial...
(please, finkleroy, don't wooosh me out of the thread. I'm merely commenting briefly)
B1tF1ghter: You mean if chinese would be official language on the forum instead of english?
No, I said that we could create a new language called 客气话, in which you can only be kind. As I said I'm just joking, there's nothing political and I don't mean to make anyone angry or start a serious discussion.
B1tF1ghter: You mean if chinese would be official language on the forum instead of english?
Dogmaus: No, I said that we could create a new language called 客气话, in which you can only be kind. As I said I'm just joking, there's nothing political and I don't mean to make anyone angry or start a serious discussion.
Oh... Ok.
Well I have no doubts people would find a way to make something sound insulting...
After all we live in times when people get aggravated by even branch naming and sh*t like that.
Which was named the way it was for completely sane reasons, IT industry standards, and everybody in IT was OK with it for few dozen years (I'm not saying branches existed for that long, since it's debatable, but that particular IT naming convention is VERY old) until now (now some minority is getting offended by it for some BS reasons).
It's crazy.
But yeah, I guess enough of this small offtopic.
B1tF1ghter: Google Translate isn't exactly the greatest nor the most accurate for translating chinese.
I have personally seen it not translate many things at all.
Other tools should be used if accuracy is desired.
Tho I don't know chinese myself so I won't recommend anything in particular.
Yeah, I understand. I’ve seen case where Google translated something meant to express gratitude into some wild things like “I want to have sex with you all over and over again” or something like that recently (it’s from Japanese to Chinese though) XD. Makes me wonder if Google Translate has some cruel sense of humor to it or so (definitely good in destroying the social life of its users sometimes XD )

Well to be serious, I would guess these translators probably perform much better when used between languages of the same styles. Chinese is a kind of “isolating language” or something like that, which is different from English (analytic language, I think), and that probably makes it harder for the translators to do their job right.
Dogmaus: Yes it's understandable but I'm silly and I like to imagine that's a new language in which you can only say nice things. It would be good if it was the official language in the forum, expecially in later times. Sorry for the OT. :) I was just messing around a little.
Hmm, I think Japanese language has high level of politeness, if who uses it wants to be polite, that is XD

I dunno, IMO language is but another tool whose effect depends on its user (you can still be rude using Japanese, for example;) I’d say we can all benefit from learning to slow down a bit and refrain from passing quick judgement on others though, considering the current state of the forum :)
Makotolia: I’ve seen case where Google translated something meant to express gratitude into some wild things like “I want to have sex with you all over and over again” or something like that recently (it’s from Japanese to Chinese though) XD. Makes me wonder if Google Translate has some cruel sense of humor to it or so (definitely good in destroying the social life of its users sometimes XD )
With a sufficiently sustained effort, Google Translate can be tricked. It doesn't tend to last long, but it's probably a matter of how notable the "hack" is, plenty may slip under the radar.
Makotolia: I’ve seen case where Google translated something meant to express gratitude into some wild things like “I want to have sex with you all over and over again” or something like that recently (it’s from Japanese to Chinese though) XD. Makes me wonder if Google Translate has some cruel sense of humor to it or so (definitely good in destroying the social life of its users sometimes XD )
Cavalary: With a sufficiently sustained effort, Google Translate can be tricked. It doesn't tend to last long, but it's probably a matter of how notable the "hack" is, plenty may slip under the radar.
Wow, now this is something new! Now I’m glad that I generally only use dictionary type of tools for single words and short phrases :)
high rated
Make another thread if you want to discuss simplified mandarin.
Post edited January 08, 2021 by zlaywal