It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

finkleroy: I re-arranged things. What does everyone think?
It's much easier to navigate now.)

In addition, I would include links to the store pages for games and demos, which are currently free of charge. To encourage users to claim freebies directly from GOG, instead of asking for a key.

For delisted demos and for games, which are no longer free, a respective note could be written. To inform people, that it is a last chance to acquire these games and demos for free, or at all.
Much better, and thanks for the time and trouble always:)
Faster and clearer. Now the breath of a moment is enough. Very good solution.
finkleroy: GOG keys can be region locked?
Not the keys, the games. Was referring to the permanently free titles, which only the people who can't get them from the catalog because they're locked in their region would actually have a reason to request.
Lexor: If you are moving the contents of the posts around maybe it would be good idea to move list of games to the first post of the topic and add at its start one simple sentence like "Please read the rules of giveaway located in post <x> before requesting any game"?

I think such sentence would be more eye-catching than locating full rules in first post which is, mostly, just skipped.
Anything's just skipped. Even when the rules were pinned it was skipped...
solar_dome: Some keys are there in case the games are de-listed, sometimes with zero warning (demos). At least a few keys for users that missed their chance when the games were available.
Delisted games should probably not be daggered, seeing as they become such a rare commodity. But in case of delisted demos wasn't there a recent situation where even if the key appeared to work but couldn't in fact be used, because the demo was completely removed?
Ah, here we go, Timberborn demo, posts 10300 and 10301 (links are wrong by a couple of pages by now).
Much better, easier to go through and also better split into categories. I would still list non-free DLCs and any delisted titles in the post, but this works too.
Thank you for all the effort put into this.
Post edited October 15, 2021 by Cavalary
finkleroy: What does everyone think? Should I keep the list the way it is, only move the daggered games to a Google Sheet, or move all the games to a Google Sheet?
I would prefer to have the non-daggered games and daggered temporary freebies in the thread, like it is now (not in Google Sheets). That way, one can see them all without having to open a separate browser tab for the sheet.

For the daggered demos/permanent freebies it is ok to keep them in a sheet.
Thanks gogtrial34987 and finkleroy for Aquaria .
Post edited October 15, 2021 by DD & Ji Ji
high rated
For the games that are still on the store, I added the links to their store pages, and for the games that have been removed from the store, I added the note that they've been removed.
finkleroy: For the games that are still on the store, I added the links to their store pages, and for the games that have been removed from the store, I added the note that they've been removed.
"Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire" is still available:
https://www.gog.com/game/worlds_of_ultima_the_savage_empire
finkleroy: I moved the daggered keys from the second post to the third post because of the character limit per forum post. It's fine now, but I'm pretty sure the next time Doc donates a ton of keys, I'd have run out of room in the second post.
Looks very good. Keep up the good work :). Cheers
DD & Ji Ji: Thanks gogtrial34987 and finkleroy for Aquaria .
You're very welcome. I hope you'll get as much enjoyment out of this game as I did!
high rated
mrkgnao: "Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire" is still available:
https://www.gog.com/game/worlds_of_ultima_the_savage_empire
Thanks for letting me know. Apparently it won't show up when you search for it if you omit the ™.
BurlyHeart: Thank you finkleroy for running the giveaway and thank you to aCyborg for Ghostrunner.
Your welcome mate!! Hope you enjoy it! If you ever want to tell me if you enjoyed it DM me and tell me how the game is.
Looks good!
Post edited October 15, 2021 by aCyborg
Thank you for your hard work finkleroy, it is now so much easier and clearer to navigate :)
finkleroy: For the games that are still on the store, I added the links to their store pages, and for the games that have been removed from the store, I added the note that they've been removed.
Thanks, but now the expiration dates are missing. It would be more informative to add one column for additional notes.)
I am appreciative of the daggered keys having being moved on the google sheet! Now the page is easier to the browser, the brain and the eyes.