It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BeatriceElysia: Keep in mind this is not Divinity OS 2, just Divinity 2 DC.
Pouyou-pouyou: Yes I'm aware of it, that's fine. I played Divine Divinity, and was definitely interested in the sequels.
I hope you enjoy it, but don't expect it to be anything like the original DD. If you do (like I did) you're likely to be very disappointed.
Did anyone else have a problem with the Destraint link from GOG email? I tried for 2 days and all I got was the store main page without any clue how to chase down the free version. While I am ok with not getting a free game, I don't like being mislead by the link.
Nymyth: Did anyone else have a problem with the Destraint link from GOG email? I tried for 2 days and all I got was the store main page without any clue how to chase down the free version. While I am ok with not getting a free game, I don't like being mislead by the link.
There are browsers and systems that don't work with GOG's new web design.
Breja: I hope you enjoy it, but don't expect it to be anything like the original DD. If you do (like I did) you're likely to be very disappointed.
Sorry for breaking into your conversation, but I want to ask something.

I remembered when Divinity II was originally released, the Russian publisher (1C) decided to add footnote with a list of similar games on the back of the box. Yeah, pretty strange promotional move. It said that Divinity II is similar to Risen and Oblivion.

I haven't played Divinity II, so I want to know how close they were to the truth back in the days?
May I request Ultima™ Underworld 1+2?
Nymyth: Did anyone else have a problem with the Destraint link from GOG email? I tried for 2 days and all I got was the store main page without any clue how to chase down the free version. While I am ok with not getting a free game, I don't like being mislead by the link.
In a Chrome-based browser or the latest FF, there should have been a green button at the right of the banner saying it's free, so just needed to click that. Not elsewhere on the banner, on that button. If instead of the button there was just a loading animation of three dots, it means you're among those GOG decided are undesirable on their site due to their choice of browser.
OHMYGODJCABOMB: I remembered when Divinity II was originally released, the Russian publisher (1C) decided to add footnote with a list of similar games on the back of the box. Yeah, pretty strange promotional move. It said that Divinity II is similar to Risen and Oblivion.

I haven't played Divinity II, so I want to know how close they were to the truth back in the days?
I haven't played Oblivion, but between D2 and Risen... Well, I guess they're largely open world RPGs, but D2 is much more action-oriented, and the... feel of it seems different. And of course can't find a parallel in Risen to the dragon stage.
Post edited January 27, 2019 by Cavalary
OHMYGODJCABOMB: I haven't played Divinity II, so I want to know how close they were to the truth back in the days?
I think there's maybe some truth to the Risen comparison, but I played very little of Risen so I'm probably not the best person to ask. As for Oblivion, I think the only comparison there is that both are RPGs set in a rather bright, colorful fantasy worlds. But I don't think it plays like Oblivion at all.
Post edited January 27, 2019 by Breja
OHMYGODJCABOMB: I haven't played Divinity II, so I want to know how close they were to the truth back in the days?
Breja: I think there's maybe some truth to the Risen comparison, but I played very little of Risen so I'm probably not the best person to ask. As for Oblivion, I think the only comparison there is that both are RPGs set in a rather bright, colorful fantasy worlds. But I don't think it plays like Oblivion at all.
They are both 3rd-person view RPGs, so I can see what the devs were going for with that labeling suggestion - Div2 is certainly MORE like Oblivion than it is like Divine Divinity.

But I would agree it's not really an Oblivion clone either despite being in the same overall genre. Still, as a point of reference for games most shoppers would at least recognize, I don't think it's a terrible one.

Edit: Though FWIW, I think Div2 does keep a few things I liked about the original DivDiv - story, a sense of place and meaningful geography, generally good NPCs/quests.
Post edited January 27, 2019 by bler144
Breja: I think there's maybe some truth to the Risen comparison, but I played very little of Risen so I'm probably not the best person to ask. As for Oblivion, I think the only comparison there is that both are RPGs set in a rather bright, colorful fantasy worlds. But I don't think it plays like Oblivion at all.
bler144: They are both 3rd-person view RPGs
I know Oblivion has an option for 3rd person view, but does anyone actually play it that way? It's quite obviously primarly a first person game.

bler144: Div2 is certainly MORE like Oblivion than it is like Divine Divinity.
That's not hard, as it's nothing like DD at all :P But to be fair, my impression of it is probably forever tainted by the frustration of buying it just as it released, full price (because of my love for the original) only for it to turn out ot be completely broken, to the point where I had to wait a month for a patch that would let me play it at all, and even then it still worked like a clockwork turd.
low rated
Where can I find the games that are available rn
demonh321: Where can I find the games that are available rn
first page of this thread
I would like to request Consortium: Master Edition, The (†) please. Also to the forumites who have gifted me stuff before Zeo could get to it. STOP SPENDING YOUR MONEY ON ME I DONT DESERVE IT. No refunds. Love the generosity here. It astounds me.

If anyone is crazy enough to send me Gat out of Hell I Will buy another game for the community giveaway that I love so much
I have attached some cash to cover you mad people spending money on other forumites.
Attachments:
cash.jpeg (8 Kb)
Post edited January 27, 2019 by Flashfire42
May i request Everspace if it's still available ? Thanks .
I would love to play
Heroes of Annihilated Empires DRM free.

Thanks a lot for generosity.
If it's not too late to ask, I would love to try the Tomb Raider triple pack, with parts 1, 2, and 3. Thanks to all who sponsor this giveaway for their amazing generosity!