It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Socratatus: I don`t understand... So people just give games away? For free?
Nope, they're asking for your soul. O.o
triock: Nope, they're asking for your soul. O.o
Oh well I`m certainly not interested then. I like my soul. Thanks for the heads up.
You're either the most sarcastic or the most salty person I've ever met. Either way, it's a pleasure to meet you. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3QelcVqaAc]Tom Tuttle from Tacoma, Washington[/url].
triock: Nope, they're asking for your soul. O.o
Socratatus: Oh well I`m certainly not interested then. I like my soul. Thanks for the heads up.
I don't know about yours, but people always seem to return mine shortly after taking it, they usually sound a bit disgusted/disturbed as well.... So, maybe you'll get lucky too?
Post edited August 11, 2018 by Falci
May I ask for Stardrew Valley :)
Yes. In this world there are still nice and generous people ... surprise :)
As impressive as that is there is one person who volunteers their time to look after this and the non-gog thread!!!!
ciemnogrodzianin: Do I understand correctly that after the first part Might & Magic series become quite playable for today's gamers with such features as automapping and saving available out of the box?
tomyam80: Sry 2 zeogold 4 the derailment, just like add a little onto wat Cavalary said. As the review (as provided by Cavalary's links) mention, autosave anywhere is enabled in Part 3 but i believe this is not so in part 1 & 2. not very sure how it works on Part 1 yet as i hv not started playing (maybe this wkend) but part 2 i know u can only save when u enter an inn. Hope this info helps. :)
A bit late here, sorry, and I'm pulling from memory (questionable as an older gamer, I know) - but from what I recall MM1 is definitely old-school paper maps and either Inn or Shrine savepoints, MM2 improved maps with cartography but still had savepoints, and MM3 is where post-2000 RPGers will feel more comfortable with mapping and saves, but you'll still want to keep paper handy for noting clues, etc. Note that old-school mapping, and journalling/notes never bothered me too much, and once my girlfriend (now wife) got involved with the mapping and clues, it kept us both more immersed in the game. A decade ago it was fun for the younger kids to be involved with mapping and discussing strategies and party load-outs before adventuring forth due to the restricted savepoints. (When old enough we would switch seats to be fair.) They felt involved and it taught them to plan ahead and critical thinking skills. Just an idea for those of you who want to share game time with your kids. ;)
bjgamer: ...
My crpg adventure started with Black Isle Studios and my first seriously played crpg was Fallout, as far as I remember. Later I was playing also some older titles (I suppose Krondor and Ishar series being the most hard-core I played in childhood), however I've never managed to complete them. I remember making some notes and maps, it was fascinating and I agree that it brings a new level of fun, but it does not work like that if you have to spend hundreds of hours on drawing every single point.

In some games (e.g. Ultima) poor graphics makes impossible to get any sense of direction. I liked the feeling when you go into the dungeons, looking behind fifth, sixth, seventh corner and feeling that at some point you just need to turn around, because one more step and you'll not be able to find the way back. In such case you just need to draw full map of every single square to navigate and it would take years to finish any title with my current time resources. That's the reason I suppose some titles are unplayable today. Not because they're not fun anymore, but becasue players and world have changed and we just cannot invest enough time and focus into old-school crpg adventures...

But M&M1 - I played M&M6 a lot, loved it for the atmosphere and I'm going to play the whole series definitely. I expect to die a lot in M&M1, but with a proper attitude dying is also fun in such games, it's just how some adventures end, isn't it? ;)
ciemnogrodzianin: ...
Agreed, dying in some adventures could be outright humorous with some games, and fun if we learned from it and there were not restrictions to only guessing the "One True Way" to beat the boss. :)

I wanted to note that the mapping didn't bother me/us specifically because it does not suit everyone. In our case, both my wife and I were paper RPG GMs and used to logic tree graphs and coding, so graph paper and mapping were pretty normal to us, especially back then. ;) That said, I would definitely recommend Might & Magic 1-6 series pkg for 4, 5 & 6 alone; MM3 if you don't mind the graphics and noting clues, MM2 if graphics, partial maps and savepoints don't deter you. MM1 might be a struggle for any but older cRPG gamer die-hards and IIRC I don't think skipping it or MM2 would affect the storyline much. Might & Magic 3-8, Lands of Lore 1+2, and Ultima 7 are all ones I would recommend picking up if you are a retro cRPG fan, like deeper immersion/storylines and see them come up in this Giveaway tho.

Apologies to zeo for continuing this discussion, but you can take this as a recommendation and shameless plug for future donations of the above games. ;)
bjgamer: Apologies to zeo (...)
Oh, you're right. Sorry, zeo.
Thanks for sharing these thoughts anyway.
And congratulations - you've seem to create fantastic marriage! :D From my own experience sharing this kind of passions with wife (e.g. books, board games and gaming in our case) is just awesome.
Could I have Darkwood?
Post edited August 16, 2018 by Qwertw
Could I have Caves of Qud, please.

Thanks!
hey zeo, if eligible may I ask for Shadwen?
Hello, everyone!
May I please be considered for SteamWorld Heist, please?

Thank you.

Edit:
And by the way, I was enjoying the old M&M talk. Feel free to continue it.
Post edited August 14, 2018 by Gede