It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Makotolia: WOW. That's quite clear. What's your major in college? It appears to me that maybe we can benefit from a thread in which we non-native English speakers can learn from you native speakers here on GOG.com.
zeogold: Psychology, but I just realized that you were asking less for dictionary definitions and more real-life/colloquial usage.
Also, I'm pretty sure there actually WAS a thread like that, but I forget where the heck it is. All I remember is that it was started by that dude whose username I forget who has a ferret in a burrow or something like that as his avatar.
Ok. I will keep an eye for that ferret *blink*.

Btw, I studied psychology, too.
zeogold: Psychology, but I just realized that you were asking less for dictionary definitions and more real-life/colloquial usage.
Also, I'm pretty sure there actually WAS a thread like that, but I forget where the heck it is. All I remember is that it was started by that dude whose username I forget who has a ferret in a burrow or something like that as his avatar.
Makotolia: Ok. I will keep an eye for that ferret *blink*.

This wasn't the original thread I had in mind, but it's the closest thing to it I found:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/do_you_lick_my_english_p_stupid_questions_of_nonnative_speakers/page1
If you want to ask a question of some sort in there, I doubt anybody would protest the necromancy.
Makotolia: Ok. I will keep an eye for that ferret *blink*.

zeogold: This wasn't the original thread I had in mind, but it's the closest thing to it I found:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/do_you_lick_my_english_p_stupid_questions_of_nonnative_speakers/page1
If you want to ask a question of some sort in there, I doubt anybody would protest the necromancy.
Thank you again! I just found this one too, but not sure if that's a ferret...
SkelettalAngel: [...]

thanks zeo also thanks bhrigu for the donation
I hope you will enjoy the game. It's a masterpiece.
:)
<is finally able to give something back to the community that's entertained him for so long>

English for speakers of other languages
I'd like to request one of the Worms Forts: Under Siege keys please. Time for some good old fun and silliness. :)
zeogold: A ball, a globe, and a sphere are pretty much the same thing, just words used in different contexts. A "sphere" is usually a geometrical term to refer to a shape, while a "ball" is usually a physical object in such a shape used in a game/amusement/sport and a "globe" is usually some artistic sense (most commonly used to refer to a physical map of the world in a sphere shape).
Granted.
Makotolia: WOW. That's quite clear. What's your major in college? It appears to me that maybe we can benefit from a thread in which we non-native English speakers can learn from you native speakers here on GOG.com.
I hate to be the "well, actually" guy, but a sphere is not the same as a ball. The two are used as synonyms in everyday language, but technically a sphere is the surface of a ball. A sphere is a two dimensional surface while a ball is the three dimensional shape (the sphere + all the points inside).
Post edited May 15, 2018 by Breja
Breja: I hate to be the "well, actually" guy, but a sphere is not the same as a ball. The two are used as synonyms in everyday language, but technically a sphere is the surface of a ball. A sphere is a two dimensional surface while a ball is the three dimensional shape (the sphere + all the points inside).
So Michael Crichton was an idiot?
He should have called the book "Ball".
Breja: I hate to be the "well, actually" guy, but a sphere is not the same as a ball. The two are used as synonyms in everyday language, but technically a sphere is the surface of a ball. A sphere is a two dimensional surface while a ball is the three dimensional shape (the sphere + all the points inside).
tinyE: So Michael Crichton was an idiot?
The guy was a hack. He put a Tyrannosaurus in Jurassic Park, while really the Tyrannosaurus lived in the Cretaceous Period.
Post edited May 15, 2018 by Breja
tinyE: So Michael Crichton was an idiot?
Breja: The guy was a hack. He put a Tyrannosaurus in Jurassic Park, while really the Tyrannosaurus lived in the Cretaceous Period.
Dinosaurs brought back to life through cloning and put on display in an amusement park, and your upset about the inaccuracy of the name. XD

We'd better stop. Zeo doesn't like derailing.
Post edited May 15, 2018 by tinyE
Breja: The guy was a hack. He put a Tyrannosaurus in Jurassic Park, while really the Tyrannosaurus lived in the Cretaceous Period.
tinyE: Dinosaurs brought back to life through cloning and put on display in an amusement park, and your upset about the inaccuracy of the name. XD

I've must of missed The Cretaceous Park.
gloombandit: <is finally able to give something back to the community that's entertained him for so long>

Wow, thank you gloombandit!
Thanks to Aramandur. for Saints Row 2 and franmolamazo for Oxenfree:
tinyE: Dinosaurs brought back to life through cloning and put on display in an amusement park, and your upset about the inaccuracy of the name. XD

Thanks to both of you. Maybe you don't totally agree with each other, yet I think I get a better understanding about the words through reading your discussion.
gloombandit: <is finally able to give something back to the community that's entertained him for so long>

That's it! That's the one! Thanks! Seems like real.geizterfahr's is a bit more fitting for what I was thinking than flanner's, but at least I can finally put my burning forgetfulness to rest.

bjgamer: I'd like to request one of the Worms Forts: Under Siege keys please. Time for some good old fun and silliness. :)
Granted.
Indeed you're correct, but as I mentioned, I was going for more of a colloquial/everyday language sort of explanation.
tinyE: We'd better stop. Zeo doesn't like derailing.
I'd wager about half of the derailing in the thread is caused by me alone.
Post edited May 15, 2018 by zeogold