It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals and Bundles up to 85% Off | Get LIMBO on GOG Connect!

Get your shopping carts in position and flex your clicking fingers: Black Friday has come to GOG.com early this year! For the next five days let the spirit of Black Friday guide you and take advantage of the special deals and bundles.

In total sync with the sale's signature palette, Playdead’s INSIDE and LIMBO are making their much-anticipated debut in the sale, with LIMBO at 80% off and also available on GOG Connect!

For those looking for something more colorful, thousands upon thousands of Cossacks 3 in brilliant outfits are proudly marching this way with their -10% banners held up high.

But traditionally, Black Friday is about the spectacular deals, so here are some of the highlights:

—Shadow Warrior 2 25% OFF
—Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition 50% OFF
—Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 75% OFF
—S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series up to 75% OFF
—Kerbal Space Program 40% OFF
—Grim Dawn 40% OFF
—Day of the Tentacle Remastered 33% OFF

Time to clear out those pesky wishlists!

The Black Friday specials last until Sunday, November 27, 10:59 PM UTC.
LIMBO will be available on GOG Connect until January 1, 10:59 PM UTC.
LaucianNailor: To be honest, the whole mix-up with the Black Friday wording of the Limbo 'offer' (sic) is a little concerning.

At best it is a poorly worded headline that has the clear opportunity to mislead in it's intention. It should actually state - Link your steam account to connect AND IF you already own Limbo on Steam it will be added to your GoG library at no extra cost...........but that doesn't really achieve their outcome of getting steam data from gog registered users does it.

So at worst it's actually a cynical 'click bait' attempt at trying to mislead gog members to share and link up their steam accounts in the belief that they will be rewarded with a free game; I quote "Get LIMBO for free with GOG Connect". Very poor show GoG.
I agree it is poorly worded. I also took it to mean I'd get Limbo for free.
LaucianNailor: To be honest, the whole mix-up with the Black Friday wording of the Limbo 'offer' (sic) is a little concerning.

At best it is a poorly worded headline that has the clear opportunity to mislead in it's intention. It should actually state - Link your steam account to connect AND IF you already own Limbo on Steam it will be added to your GoG library at no extra cost...........but that doesn't really achieve their outcome of getting steam data from gog registered users does it.

So at worst it's actually a cynical 'click bait' attempt at trying to mislead gog members to share and link up their steam accounts in the belief that they will be rewarded with a free game; I quote "Get LIMBO for free with GOG Connect". Very poor show GoG.
OdanUrr: I agree it is poorly worded. I also took it to mean I'd get Limbo for free.
It looks like the text has been updated.
Faithful: Personally a bit bummed about Limbo free for GOG Connect. What about others like myself that refuse to use Steam because of the DRM? I buy DRM free games here because I like supporting DRM free gaming, and gog.

Giving a free game for those that chose to use Steam is fine, but it would have been nice to show a bit of love toward those that prefer to stick with gog and be totally DRM free without using Steam.

Thanks for hearing me out.
uchristensen: Since nobody replied to you directly, I will.
A GOG copy of LIMBO is only given free to previous owners of the game on Steam, so you would have had to buy it on Steam to be eligible. So it's not a general incentive awarding Steam users, like you (implicitly) make it out to be.

For your refusal to use Steam, you can instead enjoy buying LIMBO for the first time with an 80% discount here on GOG. That's a pretty good deal.
Few things...
1. Thanks for clearing this up for me.
2. I do not use Steam so I did not understand the process of buying on Steam and getting a free copy as you state here on gog by connecting sites/games.
3. The gog sale page clearly states with a link "Claim your copy". That sounds a lot like a free copy if it is all one has to go on.

So, my understanding of these things was based on the only thing I had in front of me. Yes, I do know I can purchase for 80% off; it is in my cart.

Thanks again, now I understand how it works.
uchristensen: Since nobody replied to you directly, I will.
A GOG copy of LIMBO is only given free to previous owners of the game on Steam, so you would have had to buy it on Steam to be eligible. So it's not a general incentive awarding Steam users, like you (implicitly) make it out to be.

For your refusal to use Steam, you can instead enjoy buying LIMBO for the first time with an 80% discount here on GOG. That's a pretty good deal.
Faithful: Few things...
1. Thanks for clearing this up for me.
2. I do not use Steam so I did not understand the process of buying on Steam and getting a free copy as you state here on gog by connecting sites/games.
3. The gog sale page clearly states with a link "Claim your copy". That sounds a lot like a free copy if it is all one has to go on.

So, my understanding of these things was based on the only thing I had in front of me. Yes, I do know I can purchase for 80% off; it is in my cart.

Thanks again, now I understand how it works.
It was badly written, no other gog connect offers were presented in that kind of language.
mechmouse: It was badly written, no other gog connect offers were presented in that kind of language.
Just my 2 cents, but they should write : "Claim a free GOG copy of Limbo with GOG Connect if you already own it on Steam."
I think they were taking for granted that by now everyone knows what "Connect" means, since all us old farts on the forums do, but of course they shouldn't do that if they're trying to get new customers on board.
Leroux: I think they were taking for granted that by now everyone knows what "Connect" means, since all us old farts on the forums do, but of course they shouldn't do that if they're trying to get new customers on board.
Ironically enough it seems that the minority of GOG's userbase(forum users)are also some of their most clueless ones...
Mr.Caine: Ironically enough it seems that the minority of GOG's userbase(forum users)are also some of their most clueless ones...
How can you tell, if they're the only ones voicing their opinion? ;)
New games added to sale with discounts. Warhammer and Mount&Blade series for example.
I was this close to buying Bloodlines on last sale. However I thought "Well, a black friday is on its way so maybe it will be on a better sale". That made buying it now twice fun :). However, I had thought the same about Dragon Age: Origins but you cant always be lucky right?
Mr.Caine: Ironically enough it seems that the minority of GOG's userbase(forum users)are also some of their most clueless ones...
Leroux: How can you tell, if they're the only ones voicing their opinion? ;)
The way people use internet it seems that people who have no problems stay silent meanwhile something even remotely negative gets people talkative.
Leroux: How can you tell, if they're the only ones voicing their opinion? ;)
Mr.Caine: The way people use internet it seems that people who have no problems stay silent meanwhile something even remotely negative gets people talkative.
But I guess the most clueless people wouldn't even know that GOG has a forum or how to use it. ;)
I see the filename for Limbo (when downloading straight from the website) has a different numeric designation to other GOG games... is this because I got it through connect? For anyone who paid for it here I'm just curious, does the filename have the typical 2.x.x.x revision in it or not?
Mr.Caine: The way people use internet it seems that people who have no problems stay silent meanwhile something even remotely negative gets people talkative.
Leroux: But I guess the most clueless people wouldn't even know that GOG has a forum or how to use it. ;)
Fair point. I'm just perplexed how a simple giveaway can cause ruckus on the forum.
ReynardFox: I see the filename for Limbo (when downloading straight from the website) has a different numeric designation to other GOG games... is this because I got it through connect? For anyone who paid for it here I'm just curious, does the filename have the typical 2.x.x.x revision in it or not?
I bought the game and the download is setup_limbo_gog-1_(7672).exe, which does indeed deviate from the usual GOG naming conventions.