It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DryMango: When you work for a giant corporation, work 10 hours in a warehouse, 50 hours a week and have worked 50-60 hours a week for the past few months, and have been there for nearly two years and yet you're treated like you're some newbie who whines and complains, that's when I want to put my middle finger up to the general manager and the managers below him who make several times more money per year than I do.

I do the grunt work by picking up 50 lb boxes, 1500+ boxes a day, they sit on their asses on a computer 10-12 hours every weekday barking orders to the people below them. And they wonder why the warehouse has such a high turnover rate with a load of inexperienced workers.
You are doing work that is nothing special and can be done by millions upon millions of people in this planet.

The managers know that despite the high turnover rate they will have a never-ending supply of grunts and corporate slaves to do all the heavy lifting. After all the world population is increasing.

I know its the harsh truth but that is just the way things are.
tort1234: You are doing work that is nothing special and can be done by millions upon millions of people in this planet.

The managers know that despite the high turnover rate they will have a never-ending supply of grunts and corporate slaves to do all the heavy lifting. After all the world population is increasing.

And we shouldn't accept it for the way it is!
tort1234: You are doing work that is nothing special and can be done by millions upon millions of people in this planet.

DubConqueror: And we shouldn't accept it for the way it is!
Go easy with tort; he's had a rough life.

When he was born the doctor slapped his mom.
That moment when you have to explain to adults things that you don't quite understand how they've grown up without figuring out.
nipsen: That moment when you have to explain to adults things that you don't quite understand how they've grown up without figuring out.
Without figuring what? Algebra? Receding hair lines? Remembering the capitals of all 50 states? What? I'm intrigued. We need answers!
...Without figuring out things that seem necessary to survive until adulthood.

"Don't go swimming in a raincoat". That actually happened once, had to jump in and pull someone out. Couldn't help myself, and said - why didn't you take off your coat in the water, instead of trying to drink the ocean?. Guy looked at me like I was mad, because he had a lifejacket strapped on top of the coat.

"Your credit card bills eventually have to be paid - it's not actually a gift from your "shopping partner" of a bank". I mean, really, did you invest in new hair and shoes with the expectation of landing a once in a lifetime opportunity, the I could follow that. But just not treating credit as... you know.. credit? What's up with that? Do you still live with your parents, and they happily pay for you to go partying several times a week?

"I don't have to wash my hands and worry about diseases, because only poor people get serious sickness in the best health-care system money can buy. Excuse me while I sneeze into my sleeves, I'm allergic to poor people". No, asshole, you're the reason why everyone at work is getting sick, you lazy piece of crap!

"The body was never meant to do things like that, only athletes can manage it because they train 24h a day (even in their sleep, these guys are inhuman)". No, the human body is made for moving your arse off the couch. It does not in fact naturally come to rest in the pillows without eventually taking serious damage, atrophying, fattening up, and eventually dying of "life-style diseases" as we call them. The human body is not meant to sit still, even from a health-perspective. It is beneficial for you to run once in a while, so get moving you pale-fat dross!

"I don't know about that, and I can't figure it out by thinking about it for about two seconds - let me instead trust the first person who say something I like, and/or something I associate with respect. Like I did when I was five, and looked to dad for approval or disapproval before doing anything". When you're 30 years old, you actually have an education of sorts, you've been skilled in a job, when you vote, and you have your own family in the works -- how is it technically possible to be such a pliant authoritarian? I mean, even sheep manage to have to find their way back to the herd on their own once in a while. You don't know how. Every opinion you have comes from someone else! All you do is based on first impressions! You'd vote a soothsayer into government if you didn't think rummaging around in animal guts was so icky.

"This is not narcotics, this is medicine. I do not take them for pleasure, I am sick and have a prescription. So it is not narcotics, which I associate with heroin, car-chases and murder, like in the movies. Every drug-addict is filthy and unpleasant, which is why I favor a stronger police-force, longer sentences for druggies, and love Big Brother". You know what, you're right. The prescription is for strong opiates. It is legitimate. And the diagnose is "Addict"! Your knee-injury healed to the point where it could be trained back a long time ago. You're just hurting in your will.

"My baby understands and responds exactly to what I say in words with my mouth, and can't read my emotions at all. When I lie to myself, everything becomes better too, incidentally!". What the fuck, woman?

"I think that as long as everyone follows the rules, then I can stop paying attention to my own safety! Haha, have at you, truck-driver who couldn't possibly manage to stop before the zebra crossing! No, let go of my jacket! Don't you have any confidence!!!". You know what, saving someone's life can actually be pretty disappointing.

"Oh, gods, no, I have failed at meeting all the goals from my diary when I was 14 in the allotted time I expected. I am going to be miserable for 15 years now while I get married to someone I don't like, waste away in the job I didn't want, smile in family photos - and I'll have to do that if I want to be a grown-up". Yeah.. congrats. You're obviously never going to be disappointed after setting your expectations in the skies, ever again in your life. This is clearly a one-off.

"If I like to do it, then it is normal!". Incidentally, we're all a little bit worried about you sometimes.
Post edited March 09, 2016 by nipsen
nipsen: That moment when you have to explain to adults things that you don't quite understand how they've grown up without figuring out.
Well, I'm grown up but I still haven't figured out what life is about. Could you explain?
DubConqueror: Well, I'm grown up but I still haven't figured out what life is about. Could you explain?
Screw that! How the hell do you turn on the BluRay player!?
DubConqueror: Well, I'm grown up but I still haven't figured out what life is about. Could you explain?
tinyE: Screw that! How the hell do you turn on the BluRay player!?
Who needs a BluRay player when a PS3 can play your BluRays?

Another question: I know what blue rays are, but what the hell is a 'blu'?
DubConqueror: Who needs a BluRay player when a PS3 can play your BluRays?

The people that come into the forum to help us out but really only ignore us.
DubConqueror: Who needs a BluRay player when a PS3 can play your BluRays?

tinyE: The people that come into the forum to help us out but really only ignore us.
One final answer that I can't managed to find an answer for: why doesn't everybody just love TinyE?
Figure it out.
First world problems ahoy!

What the heck is it with those autocorrect things in phones, word processors etc.? Do they ever actually work, especially for non-English speakers?

I thought I had already disabled any autocorrect features in my Android phone, but apparently it has either come back, or I didn't disable it properly. I just sent a SMS message wrong twice due to that asshat nuisance.

I wrote in Finnish, and I was supposed to say something along the lines "I will fetch it at around six or seven o'clock".

Just before I sent it, stupid autocorrect changed it to saying something along the lines "Six gun himself around his" or something like that, making the message completely meaningless.

Does anyone actually like those autocorrect features? Do they ever work? I've never found them anything but a nuisance, especially when writing in Finnish (where they cause even more problems as English is a much simpler language than Finnish) but also when writing in English, especially when using less common words which are maybe not even real words but still used commonly.

Damn it, I need to check the Android options again, where the heck I can disable it for good.
Post edited March 10, 2016 by timppu
low rated
timppu: English is a much simpler language than Finnish
Out of curiosity, could you elaborate on this? I am curious what makes Finnish more complicated than English.

(Keep in mind that I don't know any Finnish.)
timppu: English is a much simpler language than Finnish
dtgreene: Out of curiosity, could you elaborate on this? I am curious what makes Finnish more complicated than English.

(Keep in mind that I don't know any Finnish.)
I recall there's some Finnish "linguist" in this forum that could give a better explanation, but for starters, how words change e.g. whether they are a subject, object etc.

A car blew up. = Auto räjähti.

I drive a car. = Minä ajan autoa (or "Minä ajan autolla", in case you want to stress more it is a car you are driving, and you are not riding a horse, or a bike, or whatever...)

I own a car. = Minä omistan auton.

Also how verbs change (basic form "to drive" = "ajaa"):

I drive = minä ajan
you drive = sinä ajat
he/she drives = hän ajaa
we drive = me ajamme
you (plural) drive = te ajatte
they drive = he ajavat

And third example being how long and complicated words can become when you add things to it (conjugate etc.), it may take a whole English sentence to explain what it means exactly, a good example being the word:

epäjärjestelmällistyttämättömyydelläänsäkäänköh&au ml;n

(I don't know why GOG doesn't let me write that correctly, it replaces an "ä" near the end with some & uml shit); see the word here, the last word in the list:

https://www.facebook.com/LearnUselessFinnish/posts/333657186705550

It is an extreme example, but still proper Finnish, showing how a single Finnish words can be conjugated from its basic form. That Facebook page says a somewhat correct translatation of that monster of a word to English would be something like:

"I wonder if it is possible, even with his unreflectional attention to antiunorganizationalize?"

Maybe that gives you an idea. Note though, I am talking about grammar. Pronunciation, on the other hand, is simpler and more logical in Finnish IMHO. Someone here explained before it is because English words come from so many different languages, hence they may be pronounced in completely different and even contradictory ways; Finnish pronunciation is more phonetic, ie. "it is pronounced as it is written, damn it!".
Post edited March 10, 2016 by timppu