It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Emob78: The finale to your accumulated stress is most likely going to have a hilarious ending. Please promise to be filming when it happens, and upload it so your pals at gog can have a laugh.
HereForTheBeer: Hoping it IS funny, though I sometimes suspect that ending will come in the form of a hail of bullets as they shoot me down from the water tower. ; ) Maybe I should binge-play Postal and Carmageddon to release tension.

But it's all good: the guilty pleasures, though seldom indulged lately, help balance things out. Things should settle down once we get past the end-of-year crap.

Speaking of which, who is the dumbass who scheduled three major US holidays close together within 5 or so weeks of the end of the year (Yes, I realize one of the holidays IS the end of the year)? I'd like to wring her neck.
Want a laugh? Go down memory lane and study Roman holidays. Those Romans, they sure did like their time off. They had a holiday for EVERYTHING. The emperor just took a crap? New holiday. Farmer Gaius had a good year from the wheat harvest? New holiday. Roman legions took another province away from some tribe of bearded tree worshipers? New holiday. They would have laughed at our 5 day work weeks and then skipped off to the coliseum for more bread and wine.
HereForTheBeer: Hoping it IS funny, though I sometimes suspect that ending will come in the form of a hail of bullets as they shoot me down from the water tower. ; ) Maybe I should binge-play Postal and Carmageddon to release tension.

But it's all good: the guilty pleasures, though seldom indulged lately, help balance things out. Things should settle down once we get past the end-of-year crap.

Speaking of which, who is the dumbass who scheduled three major US holidays close together within 5 or so weeks of the end of the year (Yes, I realize one of the holidays IS the end of the year)? I'd like to wring her neck.
Emob78: Want a laugh? Go down memory lane and study Roman holidays. Those Romans, they sure did like their time off. They had a holiday for EVERYTHING. The emperor just took a crap? New holiday. Farmer Gaius had a good year from the wheat harvest? New holiday. Roman legions took another province away from some tribe of bearded tree worshipers? New holiday. They would have laughed at our 5 day work weeks and then skipped off to the coliseum for more bread and wine.
It hasn't changed much. The company I worked for, which makes the machines I still work on these days, is based in Italy. 3 or 4 weeks in summer, 3 or 4 weeks around Christmas / New Year's, and seemingly a couple dozen more one-day holidays throughout the year. Oh, and the union taking a random strike day... not to protest anything in particular, mind you, but to simply remind management that there IS a union in the shop. Plays hell with trying to get any sort of support from them during those times.

Listening to WI Public Radio off-and-on yesterday, and one show spent an hour speaking with a guest about employee vacation time and how we, as a nation, are leaving way too much time on the table: we get x number of hours and simply don't use them. The guest mentioned a couple studies showing that it's better overall - for both the employee and the employer - to use your vacation time. I can't argue that point, but I'd like to hear the solutions for being a self-employed person who handles virtually everything in the business himself, in an industry where people need immediate help.
Maybe this should be in the happy thread instead. God damn I am happy I haven't spent a dime on Team Fortress 2.

I always thought TF2 is quite cheater-free and thought people who complain about others cheating are just bad losers, but today on one server something like 3-5 idiots were rampaging using quite obvious cheats. They didn't even try to hide it. The sniper one had a 100% success rate getting headshots to anyone instantly, even someone who just came out of ammo room at his back far a way from him.

Not sure what the hwguy cheater was using, he constantly moved very erratically to all directions, probably it was an aimbot as well. Basically these 2-4 guys instantly killed anyone who came out of ammo rooms, no one could get even out for two rounds I spent there. They were pretty much impossible to kill even though they were camping in the enemy base, between two enemy ammo rooms.

People were messaging there how to report the cheaters to admin, hopefully someone did it albeit I am unsure how taking and sending a photo can prove an aimbot. Or is there possibility to take a video and send it? Anyway, I quit the game in disgust for now. This is similar to how I earlier quit Quake TeamFortress when the cheaters took over.

This reminds me why I prefer buying only single-player games. Other jackasses can't destroy the game for me.

By the way if someone is able to report (with proofs) the cheaters, do they get a ban only to that server or all public TF2 servers, and is it an unlimited ban?

Also I wonder who would cheat so openly and not care about a possible ban? Either they don't care to play TF2 anymore, or they were hijacked TF2/Steam accounts so they don't care even if they get banned?
Post edited December 22, 2015 by timppu
The weather. It is too warm here, go figure. Damn climate change.

It has been around +5 => +11 C degrees for about all these months mostly, and rainy. No snow even though it is Xmas time, earlier this winter I remember seeing a bit of snow (or rather, slush) in a couple of days which melted away completely the next day, but that's it. I wonder if this winter turns out to be like the last winter when I don't recall seeing much of snow either?

Sure this makes life simpler as driving is safer without snow/slush, no need to pre-heat the engine and scrape the windshield before going driving etc. But still, if I wanted a watery and dark winter like this without snow, I could just as well move to Ireland, Scotland or Denmark. Or whatever that place is where TinyE lives in.

At least today and tomorrow sun is shining (no rain), for the few hours that we get sunlight during this time of year. So that's a plus.
Post edited December 23, 2015 by timppu
timppu: The weather. It is too warm here, go figure. Damn climate change.

It has been around +5 => +11 C degrees for about all these months mostly, and rainy. No snow even though it is Xmas time, earlier this winter I remember seeing a bit of snow (or rather, slush) in a couple of days which melted away completely the next day, but that's it. I wonder if this winter turns out to be like the last winter when I don't recall seeing much of snow either?

Sure this makes life simpler as driving is safer without snow/slush, no need to pre-heat the engine and scrape the windshield before going driving etc. But still, if I wanted a watery and dark winter like this without snow, I could just as well move to Ireland, Scotland or Denmark. Or whatever that place is where TinyE lives in.

At least today and tomorrow sun is shining (no rain), for the few hours that we get sunlight during this time of year. So that's a plus.
45 F today. :P
timppu: The weather. It is too warm here, go figure. Damn climate change.

tinyE: 45 F today. :P
45F? I hear that New York recently had temperatures of 72F!

Note that I do not actually live there.
Loosing sleep over the anxiety over the examination sometime between 1 October 2016 and 1 April 2017 when the examination doctor at the UWV will decide if I'm able to do paid work or not. I'm not able to, but am living in anxiety for years now if perhaps they will decide I am, ever since a new law was announced that the government wants to re-examine everyone with a youngly handicapped benefit. I awoke at 3:30, it's 5:50 now and I still can't sleep.
Post edited December 24, 2015 by DubConqueror
tinyE: 45 F today. :P
dtgreene: 45F? I hear that New York recently had temperatures of 72F!

Note that I do not actually live there.
Most people complain about the cost of living there, not the temperature! :P
women....... what the hell do polish women want?! ignore me i made a stupid rant about another individual and now I'm getting the cold shoulder.... "should be respectful towards your elders" she says.... "shes a two face, back stabbing bitch. This is America and I judge you on your actions! I could care less about your nationality, race, sex or whatever! I care for what you bring to the table! This is pure American capitalist mentality at its finest!!" I says...
Emachine9643: women....... what the hell do polish women want?! ignore me i made a stupid rant about another individual and now I'm getting the cold shoulder.... "should be respectful towards your elders" she says.... "shes a two face, back stabbing bitch. This is America and I judge you on your actions! I could care less about your nationality, race, sex or whatever! I care for what you bring to the table! This is pure American capitalist mentality at its finest!!" I says...
You can't give a generic answer to the question of what polish women want, because everyone is different.

I dislike it when people use one person in a category and assume every other one is like that.

Here's an XKCD for you:
https://xkcd.com/385/
Emachine9643: "This is pure American capitalist mentality at its finest!!" I says...
Thats probably the dumbest thing I have ever read posted by you, and myself and anybody that reads it is likely to end up dumber as result.
Emachine9643: "This is pure American capitalist mentality at its finest!!" I says...
Sachys: Thats probably the dumbest thing I have ever read posted by you, and myself and anybody that reads it is likely to end up dumber as result.
No wonder why Im getting the cold shoulder.
Sachys: Thats probably the dumbest thing I have ever read posted by you, and myself and anybody that reads it is likely to end up dumber as result.
Emachine9643: No wonder why Im getting the cold shoulder.
its either that or you didnt cook it properly. O____o
Sachys:
Well I'm calling tomorrow and apologizing for my pig-ish behavior.
Sachys:
Emachine9643: Well I'm calling tomorrow and apologizing for my pig-ish behavior.
good idea!