It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thirty minutes on snoozing. All the sleep I've had all night, and I've (still) got such a huge pile of work to do that I can't really afford to go to sleep in the next fourteen hours or so. Hoo-fucking-ray.

If I was working, I bet I could talk to my boss about things and we could work out something. Maybe work reduced hours for a while, see a doctor, have an early vacation. However, I'm a student, so everyone can make as many demands of me as they can argue that the credits require, and call me lazy if I find it difficult to meet those demands.

It's like my brain capacity is a game of jenga that everyone else is playing, hoping to constantly keep their piece on top. Whenever I have the time, I try to reverse the process so the tower doesn't collapse. If it does, all there is to do is for me to put it all back together so that they can have another go at it.
Came back to Sydney from Philippines after a month. Sux i had to come back. Despite the negatives -poor sleeping due to crappy beds over there (wasnt using back packer hostels either) ; poor toilet facilities - many places either didnt replenish toilet paper fast enough (ended up carrying emergency toilet paper with me), or lacked adequate facilities (paying 5 pesos for access to limited toilet facilities - and finding out it neither had toilet paper or adequate water for washing hands was piss poor) & variable weather i enjoyed my time there. Loved the travel , food & culture etc.
Keep waking up after coming back thinking i was still there. Lack of energy - really bad actually - im wondering whether myth about cold water showers being better for you is actually true - i had 28 straight days cold showers and i was kinda hyper.
Need to look for work but im severaly bored......
HereForTheBeer: Soooo much driving lately. After getting up at 5am today to finish up this machine installation and leaving around 2:30pm, it was 500 miles due west to get to my next customer; pulled into a hotel at 9pm. Got another 250 miles to go tomorrow morning, and then work as many hours as I can to try to wrap up this next installation by Friday. All the local hotels are booked and it looks like the nearest open place for Friday and Saturday nights is about 40 miles away - don't really want to make that round-trip for a couple days on top of all the other driving, and I don't want to spend a third weekend away from home. And then it's 600 miles to get home from there. Should end up somewhere around 2,300 miles in two weeks.

I'd like to be home for the rest of the week once I get back but I'm needed a few hours north for an over-nighter. That'll be around 400 miles.

And the week of the 12th I get to go another 550 miles each way for another job that's estimated at 8 days.

The work is good to have but I really do wish that the customers were a lot closer. In the span of a month it'll be 4,000 miles unless more people call to fill in the first week of October. That's around 65 hours of driving, on top of the work. Ugh. And no, flying is not a good alternative. Granted, this is not the typical routine. And I have to admit that I've somehow managed to miss rush hour in every major city so far - including Chicago - by some miracle.
That's one rare time when it's almost a must to have someone with you. Having a buddy with you on road trips makes all the difference. There's nothing more soul sucking than a lonely drive at night passing mile marker number 2 million.

I had an out of town job one time and on the way back my boss asked if I'd drive so he could nap. Within a few minutes he was asleep and I almost went insane driving that dark highway at night, so I punched his overworked Volvo up to about 95 mph to get home quicker - which we did. He thanked me getting us home so fast, then proceeded to tell me to never drive his car that fast again. Haha.
I hate it when great shows/whatever get horrible adaptations. What set me off today?

Remembering the EXCELLENT Avatar: The Last Airbender TV show vs the 6% RottenTomatoes rated live-action mistake directed by Shymalan. Augh. Shymalan killed the hope of a larger franchise for one of the best TV shows I've ever watched.
Gilozard: I hate it when great shows/whatever get horrible adaptations. What set me off today?

Remembering the EXCELLENT Avatar: The Last Airbender TV show vs the 6% RottenTomatoes rated live-action mistake directed by Shymalan. Augh. Shymalan killed the hope of a larger franchise for one of the best TV shows I've ever watched.
Plus i think there is a reason to why the fire nation guys look indian :D
Elitistic a-holes everywhere. That pisses me off.

Also the fact that I can't NOT be an elitist with that stance pisses me off, even greatly.
Gilozard: I hate it when great shows/whatever get horrible adaptations. What set me off today?

Soccorro: Plus i think there is a reason to why the fire nation guys look indian :D
Definitely. Shymalan's blatant racism is a huge factor in why the movie was so bad.

It's just so messed up. He makes the Fire Nation into Indians complete with Indian architecture as a total self-culture insert, and then inserts random plot points talking about how the Fire Nation only committed genocide because the Avatar wasn't around to give them spiritual guidance, since nobody so awesome could have done something so terrible. Because racism I mean reasons.

Not to mention the Mystical Negro stereotype BS.

It honestly feels like he hated the TV show and deliberately set out to make a movie that negated everything people liked about it. I don't think that's true, but it's the impression that the changes leave.

AtLA Annotated lays this out more clearly than I could. http://atla-annotated.tumblr.com/post/39367929091/atla-annotated-on-the-movie-and-why

Another fan with some film industry experience has an explanation for some of the changes related to taking out Chinese culture - apparently it's common for the Chinese government to demand that anything possibly unflattering be removed from foreign movies before release, so that's why the Fire Nation got completely changed. [url=http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hasdi/Who_is_to_blame_for_The_Last_Airbender%3F]http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hasdi/Who_is_to_blame_for_The_Last_Airbender%3F[/url]

Still doesn't explain half of the problems or the whitewashing, but does show how complex making a good film can be.
Post edited September 24, 2015 by Gilozard
GRRR! Roar! Snap! Snarl! I hate moderators! I think all moderators should drop dead! I can take it no longer! That constant internet hounding is a terrible scar upon the entire internet community! Censorship is a huge issue elsewhere, but trust me, compared to other power-abuse abilities of theirs, it has to actually be the smallest!

Now moderators started plaguing actively social media and even apps! Who the hell do they think they are to actively seize control of willing and sharing members' broadcasts, close them down and even remove and delete those kind, considerate, helpful members?

There are wonderful people out there very kind, straightforward and helpful to other people and honestly, as of late, it's getting pretty rare to come across one or two; and those cyber fascists banish them, after all this effort, searching and rarity wasted almost endlessly from someone in order to find any.

As if the social media "king's" life isn't tough enough already, thanks to the disbelief towards strangers for wanting and being able to make good friends (and many other factors), now we have moderators kicking away with their stinking hammers all the good, wild party animals and the hearts/souls of the party!

Cancer to them! Plague, STDS, curses, all calamities ever recorded in history to fall upon ALL moderators' heads and of their friends' and families', of those moderators actually who forcibly take actions against a consciously "freesharing" and "outgiving" person adored by its fandom! MODS SHOULD DIE A HORRIBLE AND PAINFUL, PROLONGED DEATH, WITH EXCRUCIATING PAIN!!! over and out for sleep
rarely any health problems. Then last two nights sleepless. Last night worst - have suddenly a sore back from nowhere. Struggle walking getting out of bed. :/
Just tried soldering for the first time today, and while I was successful (with help), I did accidentally burn my finger.

I could do it again without assistance, provided I do things in the right order and am careful not to burn myself. (It helps to know what parts of the soldering iron are not safe to touch.)

Am I correct in my hypothesis that solder has a lower melting point than the metals the electronics are otherwise made of? (I notice that I never melt anything other than the soldier while assemblng the cheap soldering practice kit I used.)
.....alts everywhere!
Mods pissing on the stairs, you know they just don't care!
@dtgreene have you ever wrote from an ink pen?
Soldering iron are hold in that way.
I an using it since I was 14.
You can try other version of soldering irons. Some of them exactly look like a pen. They are easy and safe for beginners.

@ Emachine9643
please don't get upset.
These shit happen when someone has too much time and no life in reality.
Assholes will be assholes.
And thanks for watching my back.
dtgreene: Am I correct in my hypothesis that solder has a lower melting point than the metals the electronics are otherwise made of?
Yes, but don't let that make you too confident. You can damage components by overheating them. That is, you can wreck chips if the iron is in contact with the pins for too long. You can even damage caps and resistors, though this is less likely.

Cool that you're soldering.
Niggles: rarely any health problems. Then last two nights sleepless. Last night worst - have suddenly a sore back from nowhere. Struggle walking getting out of bed. :/
Maybe you need a new mattress? A bad mattress can cause back pain and make it hard to sleep. A mattress should be firm but not too firm.
Post edited September 27, 2015 by monkeydelarge
It's Sunday 9 pm and I'm working instead of spending a nice evening with my wife...