It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

micktiegs_8: Yeah, School is fun... I'm only doing a bachelor's degree, and I'm in my first year. It feels weird that I'm 9 years older than those who go into Uni straight after school, but hey, there's some twice my age that do it.

Pretty tired... I'm on Week 10 out of 12+Exam Week and there's 2 assignments due, I've gotta catch up on weekly quizzes for one of the courses, plus 2 exams to cram for at the end.

Not to mention, the kids want to whinge at the slightest thing or argue with each other of late. Oh, and wifey is having the biggest bitch fits because I'm finding it difficult to wake up at 6am every morning.

I'd also like to talk about my two best friends (10+ years) who just suddenly couldn't find the time for me because they're (insert appropriate word). If someone can help me find the definition for this scenario: I have kids, still have plenty of time for my friends, do so much for my friends. My friends have kids soon after, their time for me lessens, they do nothing for me.

Today I have three kids, both friends only recently had their second. I STILL would have time for them, but I just don't consider them friends anymore.

What do I call them? What is an apt definition?
Enemies.
Emob78: Enemies.
Not sure why, but I found that answer hilarious XD
micktiegs_8: Not sure why, but I found that answer hilarious XD
That was the correct answer. XD
micktiegs_8: Yeah, School is fun... I'm only doing a bachelor's degree, and I'm in my first year. It feels weird that I'm 9 years older than those who go into Uni straight after school, but hey, there's some twice my age that do it.

Pretty tired... I'm on Week 10 out of 12+Exam Week and there's 2 assignments due, I've gotta catch up on weekly quizzes for one of the courses, plus 2 exams to cram for at the end.

Not to mention, the kids want to whinge at the slightest thing or argue with each other of late. Oh, and wifey is having the biggest bitch fits because I'm finding it difficult to wake up at 6am every morning.

I'd also like to talk about my two best friends (10+ years) who just suddenly couldn't find the time for me because they're (insert appropriate word). If someone can help me find the definition for this scenario: I have kids, still have plenty of time for my friends, do so much for my friends. My friends have kids soon after, their time for me lessens, they do nothing for me.

Today I have three kids, both friends only recently had their second. I STILL would have time for them, but I just don't consider them friends anymore.

What do I call them? What is an apt definition?
Just because people don't want to make time for him doesn't mean they are his enemies. An enemy is someone who is hostile to you. But they are definitely not friends. I believe, they are just acquaintances. But they are also ungrateful. So I guess you could call them selfish assholes too.
I'm starting to find I don't wanna play everyone's shitty game anymore.

Do this, do that, pay that, or else. Yes master, sorry sir, I'm afraid I can't do that madam without an i3 form sent and returned and signed in triplicate. How bout instead these people f**k off.

Just had to rant.
Post edited September 20, 2015 by bad_fur_day1
tinyE: nvm
Please don't do this. I find it really annoying when people remove content when editing their posts.

Edit: Spelling fix s/contend/content
Post edited September 20, 2015 by dtgreene
tinyE: nvm
dtgreene: Please don't do this. I find it really annoying when people remove content when editing their posts.

Edit: Spelling fix s/contend/content
Trust me, I was egging on a troll and for the sake of the forum it was best I not do it.
tinyE: The local newspaper just did an article about the noble life and career of my Uncle.

The man is an avid white supremacist, scam artist, lush, and pathological liar.

Boggles the mind.
Emob78: I know avid is a fitting term here, but for some reason it just sounds funny. He's an 'avid white supremacist.' Makes it sound like he traded stamp collecting for nazi arm band sewing. Does he also keep a fine collection of die cast German army men?
I think it means he would bring Rice Krispie Treats to the meetings.

But not those made with, ya know, Cocoa Krispies.
dtgreene: Also, what do some people have against discussing exploits in single player games? (I should also point out that playing with exploits isn't always easy, as some exploits (like one I just found for some of the Gold Box games) can be tricky to pull off, and some (like the permanent spell glitch in Morrowind) can cause problems if you are not careful.)
You bought the game, warts and bugs and glitches and all, and it's not giving you an noncompetitive (not going to use "unfair" here) advantage over other human players. Think of it an Easter Egg, as far as I'm concerned. And being an exploitable glitch, one can choose whether or not to use it, unlike a bug that you're forced to deal with.

So in a single-player game, this bothers me not one bit.
Post edited September 20, 2015 by HereForTheBeer
Fatigue is weird.

I've complained about having an excess of schoolwork and stress before, and it's really starting to take a toll on me. The last time that I have slept well on two consecutive nights was in early August, possibly mid-/late July; after that it has been late nights, early mornings, or waking up in the middle of the night (or any combination of those) all the way, with eight uninterrupted hours only a very occasional luxury.

So now my muscles ache, even though I haven't exerted myself in any way recently. My stomach hurts, which is probably partly because I lose my appetite when tired and don't have time to eat even if I didn't. The stomach pain makes me hunch a bit when sitting, causing further pain in my neck, shoulders and back. My breathing sometimes goes out of rhythm. For half a minute today, the left side of things (such as my phone and the room I was in) looked taller than the right, and soon after that, sounds became very loud as if someone had turned up the volume. I keep having close calls in traffic (good thing I haven't got a car).

It's very bad now. My brain doesn't work as well as it should, which means that I end up working later and later into the night, which just makes the problem worse. And no, I can't just go to sleep, because my natural rhythm is such that I am least active in the morning and at my best between about 21:00 to 2:00 (and because I would just be so stressed about the unfinished work that I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway).

Luckily there's a break coming up - a week's trip abroad. A week when I don't need to worry about any of that - but I need to work harder sooner or later to make up for that.

Fuck.
Hangovers. Sometimes they're bad enough to queer you off the bottle. I hate to say it, but I may have to ditch beer. It's too damn heavy for my system now. I may have to fall back on my rum/jack and coke standby. The suds are killing me.
AlKim: And no, I can't just go to sleep, because my natural rhythm is such that I am least active in the morning and at my best between about 21:00 to 2:00 (and because I would just be so stressed about the unfinished work that I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway).
I understand the feeling. I'm a nightowl myself. But for one year of undergrad, I kicked that habit. I arrived at school each morning at 6am, found a quiet, sunny corner of a library and read anticipated lecture content, or worked until my first class. I tackled assignments as I received them, and so they were typically complete days before the deadline. (That is, no stress from unfinished work.) I crushed my classes both terms, and it felt... easy. And I felt healthy.

Then I went back to being a coke-swilling nightowl. Oh well. Maybe you have more work than I did.

Get some sleep soon, please.
Emob78: Hangovers. Sometimes they're bad enough to queer you off the bottle. I hate to say it, but I may have to ditch beer. It's too damn heavy for my system now. I may have to fall back on my rum/jack and coke standby. The suds are killing me.
I had the opposite inclination when I drank.

I quit hard liquor for almost a year because of it. Beer was something I could handle, a case was no problem but a rum and coke would have anihalated me.
monkeydelarge: You can still live in the Western world and have a really shitty life. The people you claim who live in "actual hell" aren't suffering more than those who are suffering in the Western world. Because most of the Western world is not some utopia where people don't have to suffer. That is a myth. Some places in the Western world can be just as much of a harsh environment as one of the countries that meet your definition of "actual hell". Most people in the Western world, simply have a different set of bullshit to deal with on a daily basis. I said "most", because there are some people in the Western world who have to deal with the same kind of stuff, people in third world coutnries have to deal with. And keep in mind, there are many horrible things in this world, that don't do not care, where you are located, like cancer and other horrible afflictions. And keep in mind, anyone anywhere can be an outcast in the eyes of society. Every society on this Earth, is intolerant to many groups of people. Maybe it is impossible tto live a really horrible life in Switzerland but most of the Western world is not like Switzerland.
I've been catching up on this thread a little, and I just wanted to say that monkeydelarge, you give some very intelligent and insightful responses to people that demonstrates life experiences that I can relate to, and shows a deeper understanding of human nature. Cheers mate :)

grimwerk: I find that creating something once in a while alleviates these thoughts a bit. Coding, drawing, sculpture, furniture. Doesn't much matter what, provided you can look at it later and be satisfied. Anyway, be well.
Creation is the antithesis to destruction, even though both are part of the same cycle. I am just starting to get back to creation myself. Always the way with coming out of a heavy depressive cycle :)

HereForTheBeer: A tip: one drink, one glass of water, one drink, one glass of water. You'll pee a lot, but you'll likely end up NOT feeling like crap later. And you'll still be coherent while getting your buzz on.
He forgot to mention that his uncle owns the newspaper. ; )
Emob78: Hangovers. Sometimes they're bad enough to queer you off the bottle. I hate to say it, but I may have to ditch beer. It's too damn heavy for my system now. I may have to fall back on my rum/jack and coke standby. The suds are killing me.
Hydration is one thing but don't forget vitamins. If I am having a heavy drinking session (rare these days) I try to ensure that my Vitamin B complex and C intake is very high to prevent a hangover. Magnesium is very good (especially with blood pressure/heart issues) and zinc to aid healing. All these nutrients can be gotten from food :)
Post edited September 22, 2015 by Tarnicus
Took a survey recently and one of the questions asked if I had recently been nervous.

Getting multiple solos during band rehersal (something that I am not used to) of course makes me nervous. Unfortunately, the study (which was about an unrelated topic) didn't ask any follow up questions to distinguish that cause of nervousness (which I consider to be good) to the nervousness that people in uncomfortable situations might experience (which would be bad).
Soooo much driving lately. After getting up at 5am today to finish up this machine installation and leaving around 2:30pm, it was 500 miles due west to get to my next customer; pulled into a hotel at 9pm. Got another 250 miles to go tomorrow morning, and then work as many hours as I can to try to wrap up this next installation by Friday. All the local hotels are booked and it looks like the nearest open place for Friday and Saturday nights is about 40 miles away - don't really want to make that round-trip for a couple days on top of all the other driving, and I don't want to spend a third weekend away from home. And then it's 600 miles to get home from there. Should end up somewhere around 2,300 miles in two weeks.

I'd like to be home for the rest of the week once I get back but I'm needed a few hours north for an over-nighter. That'll be around 400 miles.

And the week of the 12th I get to go another 550 miles each way for another job that's estimated at 8 days.

The work is good to have but I really do wish that the customers were a lot closer. In the span of a month it'll be 4,000 miles unless more people call to fill in the first week of October. That's around 65 hours of driving, on top of the work. Ugh. And no, flying is not a good alternative. Granted, this is not the typical routine. And I have to admit that I've somehow managed to miss rush hour in every major city so far - including Chicago - by some miracle.