It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Was enjoying [url=http://campcomic.com/comic/dear-mom-2]Weedonwantcha, all happy to realise that it was actually a much better webcomic than it seemed like, with actually great art, and a surprisingly interesting universe (this is not charlie-brown-goes-on-holiday-camp) and lovely dark (hyper-dark) undertones, and all was fine, was a nice little carefree relaxed webcomic-browsing moment.

And then I learnt that on every page (from the 3rd of 4th on, anyway - "supply delivery 2") there is a where's-waldo-like hidden kitty. Somewhere. Always.

This website has become hell since. HELL.
Telika: Was enjoying [url=http://campcomic.com/comic/dear-mom-2]Weedonwantcha, all happy to realise that it was actually a much better webcomic than it seemed like, with actually great art, and a surprisingly interesting universe (this is not charlie-brown-goes-on-holiday-camp) and lovely dark (hyper-dark) undertones, and all was fine, was a nice little carefree relaxed webcomic-browsing moment.

And then I learnt that on every page (from the 3rd of 4th on, anyway - "supply delivery 2") there is a where's-waldo-like hidden kitty. Somewhere. Always.

This website has become hell since. HELL.
AHHAHAHAHAHAHA
People have lost the ability to drive an automobile. Was doing 50 in a 45 today and had a guy behind me go around into oncoming traffic to go around me.

People have also seem to have lost the ability to use a turn signal. Turn signals are too cool for school, I guess.

People = idiots. People driving cars = dangerous idiots.
Emob78: People have lost the ability to drive an automobile. Was doing 50 in a 45 today and had a guy behind me go around into oncoming traffic to go around me.

People have also seem to have lost the ability to use a turn signal. Turn signals are too cool for school, I guess.

Why couldn't Helen Keller drive a car?

She was a woman. :D
Having the nearest grocery just 4 minutes walk away is nice, except I live on a hill... Carrying the, sometimes heavy, shopping bags home when ill up those 134 steps is taking its toll on me.
AAAAARGH!

move along, nothing to see here...
Emob78: People have lost the ability to drive an automobile. Was doing 50 in a 45 today and had a guy behind me go around into oncoming traffic to go around me.

tinyE: Why couldn't Helen Keller drive a car?

She was a woman. :D
Must not have been her. I was definitely using 'hand signals' as the car passed by me. Wouldn't want to have them leave without a parting shot of the ole' middle finger express.
Having to call an ambulance in the middle of the night in order to get a badly bleeding family member to hospital - not good.

Spending over 3 hours in emergency, also not good. But the doctors and nurses were very professional, in all fairness, and the treatment also.

But the hospital was such a sad, sordid place. I felt sorry for all those poor souls who were waiting there, not knowing for how long they would have to sit and gaze at the dirty walls.

Just venting..
Post edited July 14, 2015 by ZenWan
ZenWan: Having to call an ambulance in the middle of the night in order to get a badly bleeding family member to hospital - not good.

Spending 3 hours in emergency, also not good. But the doctors and nurses were good, in all fairness, and the treatment was also good and saved the day.

It was just the hospital that was such a sad, sordid place. I felt sorry for all those poor souls who were waiting there, not knowing for how long they would have to sit and gaze at the dirty walls.

Just venting..
Hope your family member is better now. Completely understand how being in the hospital is upsetting. All the best bud.
pigdog: Hope your family member is better now. Completely understand how being in the hospital is upsetting. All the best bud.
I am most grateful for your understanding and kindness.
More or less better, it was a relapse after a big operation. I truly hope it will be the only one, and that it will also be the last time I have to go near that hospital.

Wishing you a very pleasant and happy day with a little +1 to follow you around. :-)
Post edited July 14, 2015 by ZenWan
When life gets you down, watch a puppy at play - This was a few years ago, but it still makes me happy watching it. Perhaps others can get some joy from it too?

https://youtu.be/uZGXXVbEBTM
Post edited July 14, 2015 by giofive
In a nutshell:
Girls hate me so I gave up on dating awhile back and dove even deeper into the nerddom of games.
My father bullies the ever loving shit out of me and has all throughout while I was growing up (which I could go on about for days and days so don't get me started on that (but in an act of mercy towards everyone I won't get too much into it); let's just say in a certain fitting to a specific politically incorrect ethnic stereotype he consistently bludgeons me over every dollar and cent I have supposedly costed him in raising me as well as any possible future financial amount he believes I MIGHT cost him in the future (but have not yet) & other general money grubbing lousy skinflint behaviors (such as feeling entitled to my entire paychecks, telling me to never buy anything and that everything I do earn ought to go to him so that he may spend it on himself... forever in perpetuity! Which I don't buy btw but he does love going on that toxic ranting rave... maybe next time I should break out some glow sticks or try sampling and autotuning it into something catchier? :-P).

So I'm applying for a job as a clerk at the local grocer while attempting to finish up my science degree. Going to save up from that to buy a better rig to play stuff on. Also, he hates video games*. Did I mention the research I'm doing at university is trying to explain/teach evolution to people in RPG terms using artificial life/digital organism simulation programs as though it were a game and that everybody thinks this is a fairly cool idea so we are trying to get it published in either a science journal, teaching magazine or tech blogs (We have it all up to date and contemporary so there is an entire section just on mobile and tablet based app stuff too!)? Mom says I don't need to give my old man all cash that I earn forever and that this is just mind control bollocks (she even helped me set up a separate bank account that he couldn't dig his greedy mitts into so I could save up and also not have to have every single purchase minutely cross examined by Mr. Would-be Grand Inquisitor :-)).

*Turns out the reason why is back in the 80s he and a partner attempted to put together a diving/fishing adventure RPG for DOS once which either flopped or never got anywhere so sour grapes from ever since then on over the whole thing I guess.

Update: First world problems, I know (go tell Planet Mercury why don'tcha!).
Post edited July 15, 2015 by GeneticsLuke
GeneticsLuke: In a nutshell:
Girls hate me so I gave up on dating awhile back and dove even deeper into the nerddom of games.
My father bullies the ever loving shit out of me and has all throughout while I was growing up (which I could go on about for days and days so don't get me started on that (but in an act of mercy towards everyone I won't get too much into it); let's just say in a certain fitting to a specific politically incorrect ethnic stereotype he consistently bludgeons me over every dollar and cent I have supposedly costed him in raising me as well as any possible future financial amount he believes I MIGHT cost him in the future (but have not yet) & other general money grubbing lousy skinflint behaviors (such as feeling entitled to my entire paychecks, telling me to never buy anything and that everything I do earn ought to go to him so that he may spend it on himself... forever in perpetuity! Which I don't buy btw but he does love going on that toxic ranting rave... maybe next time I should break out some glow sticks or try sampling and autotuning it into something catchier? :-P).

So I'm applying for a job as a clerk at the local grocer while attempting to finish up my science degree. Going to save up from that to buy a better rig to play stuff on. Also, he hates video games*. Did I mention the research I'm doing at university is trying to explain/teach evolution to people in RPG terms using artificial life/digital organism simulation programs as though it were a game and that everybody thinks this is a fairly cool idea so we are trying to get it published in either a science journal, teaching magazine or tech blogs (We have it all up to date and contemporary so there is an entire section just on mobile and tablet based app stuff too!)? Mom says I don't need to give my old man all cash that I earn forever and that this is just mind control bollocks (she even helped me set up a separate bank account that he couldn't dig his greedy mitts into so I could save up and also not have to have every single purchase minutely cross examined by Mr. Would-be Grand Inquisitor :-)).

*Turns out the reason why is back in the 80s he and a partner attempted to put together a diving/fishing adventure RPG for DOS once which either flopped or never got anywhere so sour grapes from ever since then on over the whole thing I guess.

Two words,move out.
@Gunsynd Larger thing to save up for than a newer computer but worth it though to get a bit away from the bullying bastid.
giofive: When life gets you down, watch a puppy at play - This was a few years ago, but it still makes me happy watching it. Perhaps others can get some joy from it too?

https://youtu.be/uZGXXVbEBTM
I've got some footage of my pigdog when he was just a pup....I'll have to dig it out. In the meantime, I just wanted to share that Chester has a poorly tum and didn't make it to the back garden in time. Not pleasant... On the upside, for him, he has had rice and chicken breast for dinner. It seems to have helped. I'm on poo-watch though. I hope no-one is eating as they read this
GeneticsLuke: In a nutshell:

Wow - that sounds pretty rough. No individual, even parents, should make you feel as bad as you do. Really pleased that you're working towards your science degree and I hope it opens up multiple paths that you can explore while recovering from your current difficulties.

I also hope your research continues to gather momentum and gets the attention you're seeking. If it helps, this site is pretty good at helping with surveys, Q&A's or opinions on all matters so consider using it should the need arise.
Post edited July 15, 2015 by pigdog