It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Damn it. I thought I already know what Android phone I want to buy (something in the around 200€ category, 5" screen or so; I was looking at LG G3 S or C70), but now it suddenly occurred to me that aren't the power + volume buttons at the back kind of a problem? The protective phone cases I've seen seem to always expect that those buttons would be on the side. Apparently I would have to buy some case specifically made for these LG models? Back to square one, for now...

On top of that, I have been in some kind of "flu" for 1½ weeks now. I should have went to see a doctor so that I could have gotten some antibiotics or whatever, but I guess it is slowly going away now. I said "flu" because I think this is something else, being so long-lived. Now it is mainly just a running nose and slight cough anymore, it was worse before.

I went to buy that phone mentioned above two days ago, and I actually lost my voice almost completely when I was discussing with the salesman (or actually it was right after that). Suddenly I got a big and long cough, and after that I couldn't really talk at all for some minutes, only some small "pffft" voice when I tried to say something. It was kinda funny and scary at the same time, suddenly not being able to talk to anyone, losing your main way of communication.

After awhile my voice came back, sort of (still low etc.). Now it is pretty normal.
timppu: Damn it. I thought I already know what Android phone I want to buy (something in the around 200€ category, 5" screen or so; I was looking at LG G3 S or C70), but now it suddenly occurred to me that aren't the power + volume buttons at the back kind of a problem? The protective phone cases I've seen seem to always expect that those buttons would be on the side. Apparently I would have to buy some case specifically made for these LG models? Back to square one, for now...
We just yesterday bought an LG G3 Vigor for the wife, her first smartphone. Yes, the power and volume buttons are in back, just below the camera. Using them isn't a big deal since they're quite easy to access with a normal phone grip; actually, it seems a bit easier in one regard, in that adjusting the volume with your index finger doesn't cause you to loosen your grip on the handset whereas using the side buttons might, as you move your thumb. The downside I've noted so far is that - until you get your finger trained, anyway - is that you might tend to smudge the camera lens with your fingertip.

Yes, because of the button placement you will need to get a case made for this phone. Or do some simple slicing and dicing on a generic case with a sharp knife. We picked up a Body Glove case at the same time as the phone purchase. Paid too much from the store but it saved me the hassle of finding one elsewhere. This is what we got: http://www.bodyglovemobile.com/cell-phone-cases/lg/g3/satin/?scheme_id=323 Note that the Vigor is slightly different from the other G3 models and the plain G3 case was a touch too big.
Attachments:
HereForTheBeer: ...
Thanks, I still need to check if I find a suitable case for it. If so, I'll buy it anyway (possibly the LG G3 S).
My laptop still makes noise when under load

But my new computer doesn't make any noise, strangely i do not like the quiet
My new computer still doesn't have a graphics card and according to this news, AMD will not release any R9 300 cards until the second half of the year. FML.
Post edited April 20, 2015 by viperfdl
ahhh. ect

Sorry I need to yell
Post edited April 22, 2015 by Sage103082
Sage103082: ahhh. ect

Sorry I need to yell
Sorry to hear things are making you feel the need to yell. My PM is always there for you should you want to talk.
The world's biggest asshole just booked a room with us for next month.

I don't think I can deal with this prick.

My best bet is to hope a giant meteor destroys the planet before he gets here.
Since more than half an hour there should be Snooker at Eurosport. But instead they show two girls playing a totally boring ball game which is called "Tennis"
I want to see Snooker, not that crap!
Post edited April 22, 2015 by Maxvorstadt
tinyE: The world's biggest asshole just booked a room with us for next month.

I don't get it. Isn't that supposed to be part of the fun ?
tinyE: The world's biggest asshole just booked a room with us for next month.

Telika: I don't get it. Isn't that supposed to be part of the fun ?
Not this guy. What's worse is we have a full house when he's here and he's bound to scare off the other guests.

As far as I know he's been banned* in almost all the other places up here.

*banned in that whenever he calls the person on the other end makes sure they 'are booked' the night he wants a room. Nobody up here literally bans someone from staying, that's unconstitutional and unethical.
Post edited April 22, 2015 by tinyE
Telika: I don't get it. Isn't that supposed to be part of the fun ?
tinyE: Not this guy. What's worse is we have a full house when he's here and he's bound to scare off the other guests.

As far as I know he's been banned* in almost all the other places up here.

*banned in that whenever he calls the person on the other end makes sure they 'are booked' the night he wants a room. Nobody up here literally bans someone from staying, that's unconstitutional and unethical.
Will it be at least enjoyable for us ?

As readers of your soon-to-be-started blog ?

Also can't your problem be solved with what professionals call "the scooby procedure" ?
Post edited April 22, 2015 by Telika
tinyE:
Telika: Also can't your problem be solved with what professionals call "the scooby procedure" ?
Do I want to know?
Telika: Also can't your problem be solved with what professionals call "the scooby procedure" ?
tinyE: Do I want to know?
"Oh yes this hotel used to belong to Brad 'Half Eye' Hook, known as The Guests Eater. He was burned alive in this very room, funnily enough. Yeah, the locals don't even dare to mention him, they believe that uttering his name brings him back or some folktale of that sort. A superstitious bunch, if you ask me. Anyway, I wish you a good night, I have to go prepare some stuff, just the usual work. See you soon. Tomorrow, I mean."
Post edited April 22, 2015 by Telika
tinyE: Do I want to know?
Telika: "Oh yes this hotel used to belong to Brad 'Half Eye' Hook, known as The Guests Eater. He was burned alive in this very room, funnily enough. Yeah, the locals don't even dare to mention him, they believe that uttering his name brings him back or some folktale of that sort. A superstitious bunch, if you ask me. Anyway, I wish you a good night, I have to go prepare some stuff, just the usual work. See you soon. Tomorrow, I mean."
Doing that would mean talking to the guy, and he doesn't let you. Anytime you try to say something he cuts you off, no shit.