It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MunkiSiren: ... Feeling so depressed with no one to turn to.
GhostwriterDoF: At least you are a part of GoG.com, you might even consider yourself as a tribal member
of a "clown-car": community. Though we may not seem like much, in the abstract, but there
is always someone around here to turn to.

Especially if you don't mind occasional jokes that fall flat, and bad puns...
It's hard when I'm not good at expressing myself. I can't even turn to my family or friends as it always fucks up.
GhostwriterDoF: ...
MunkiSiren: It's hard when I'm not good at expressing myself. I can't even turn to my family or friends as it always fucks up.
Sometimes it is better to turn to people who are not so close, when you want to express things
that are difficult to put into words, or find the right words to say what you mean.

You can always practice expressing your thoughts and feelings, so that you can make sure people understand
exactly what you mean to say. Try this Thread:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/conversational_freeforall_thread

The regulars in that thread are good people to know, and like to hug a lot (hugs are optional)
but they genuinely care about others. And we all have issues we deal with, sometimes we talk
about our issues, but most of the time we go there just to be reminded we are not alone in the
world, or not the only ones who are odd (odd in a good way). :)
Post edited March 26, 2015 by GhostwriterDoF
I just want to rant right now.

My life is a ride of despair and rage, my father is borderline abusive (verbally), my mother' heath isn't the greatest which is ignored by father who continual makes more work on the farm despite not being in great health himself, I have a brother who rarely visits either due to the fact that finance do not like our side of our family or is tired of being yelled at. I just lost two of my grandparents in under a year which basically stirred up a storm that left with one aunt who won't speak to my mother ever again, I may have to retake a class in college, and I'm afraid to even move lest I leave my mother home alone with my brother who only escalates the situation with our father and the said father who treats me like I do nothing even though I help on the farm every night, and my mother like just another farm hand.

One question to you guys, did your life improve when you moved out of your parent's house?
Jacob_1994: I just want to rant right now.

My life is a ride of despair and rage, my father is borderline abusive (verbally), my mother' heath isn't the greatest which is ignored by father who continual makes more work on the farm despite not being in great health himself, I have a brother who rarely visits either due to the fact that finance do not like our side of our family or is tired of being yelled at. I just lost two of my grandparents in under a year which basically stirred up a storm that left with one aunt who won't speak to my mother ever again, I may have to retake a class in college, and I'm afraid to even move lest I leave my mother home alone with my brother who only escalates the situation with our father and the said father who treats me like I do nothing even though I help on the farm every night, and my mother like just another farm hand.

One question to you guys, did your life improve when you moved out of your parent's house?
Yes,but I was thrown out on the streets at 14...
It sort of makes a person grow up real quick...
Jacob_1994: I just want to rant right now.

gunsynd: Yes,but I was thrown out on the streets at 14...
sorry to hear about that, I supposed that one thing to be thankful for, a roof over my head.
gunsynd: Yes,but I was thrown out on the streets at 14...
Jacob_1994: sorry to hear about that, I supposed that one thing to be thankful for, a roof over my head.
Your right,and think of it another way:
There's always someone worse off than you:-)
Jacob_1994: sorry to hear about that, I supposed that one thing to be thankful for, a roof over my head.
gunsynd: Your right,and think of it another way:
Yeah the only reason I posted a rant was to just to get off my chest. Hope your are doing a lot better now.
gunsynd: Your right,and think of it another way:
Jacob_1994: Yeah the only reason I posted a rant was to just to get off my chest. Hope your are doing a lot better now.
Yeah,I'm fine...
Jacob_1994: Yeah the only reason I posted a rant was to just to get off my chest. Hope your are doing a lot better now.
gunsynd: Yeah,I'm fine...
Are you happy with your life?
gunsynd: Yeah,I'm fine...
Jacob_1994: Are you happy with your life?
When I look back and see how I survived,not only happy but proud too...
Jacob_1994: Are you happy with your life?
gunsynd: When I look back and see how I survived,not only happy but proud too...
Good for you! :)
A colleague of my girlfriend lost her job recently. That in itself isn't worth bitching over, some other stuff about the story is, though. My girlfriend is a kindergarten teacher, another teacher working for the same company (but in a different location, it's a chain) got accused of threatening a kid with physical violence by the parents. So what happened exactly? The parents reported to the boss that they had a recording that proves that she had expressed threats of physical violence towards the son. How did they get the recording? Their son had expressed unwillingness to go to the kindergarten like, you know, every kid does once in a while. But they got curious, decided to act like super responsible parents and actually put some recording device on their son and listened to the recording at home. When they heard the sentences "I'm gonna give it to you" (which can mean "I'm going to hit you" in Polish) and "how would you like getting kicked?" they went berserk, reported it to the owner and a meeting with all the parents was called. The owner, being equally brilliant and responsible (in other words, being and incompetent cunt) decided to soften the situation in front of the angry crowd of parents and fired the girl.

Now, first off: the recording wasn't actually even shown to anyone. The parents only claimed to own such a recording and the girl didn't even get a chance to explain herself after listening to it or something. Then the girl and her colleagues tried to reconstruct the day, figure out the context of these sentences. The "how would you like getting kicked (like that)?" was easy to figure out: it was something the girl said to the fucked up parents' boy after he had kicked another kid multiple times (but of course she had NOT done any physical harm to the kid). Eventually they also figured out that other sentence: the girl had said "I'm gonna give it to you (in a moment)" when the kid was asking for a piece of paper to draw on while she was busy taking care of another kid. Still, the girl got fired. Over an illegally made recording and claims by one obviously insane couple. But here comes the kicker: the mother is a judge and the father a lawyer. A motherfucking JUDGE decided to make an illegal recording and falsely report threats of violence which lead to a perfectly innocent person losing her job. And she even admitted in retrospect that she and her husband had probably been wrong and misunderstood the recordings! And all she did then was apologize to the girl who had just lost her job over this insane bullshit.

But what really pisses me off: the girl decided to just let it go. Just accept the situation and look for another job. You know, in this insane country people keep bitching about corruption and incompetent officials, seriously, Poles love bitching about everything. We truly are a nation of bitchers. But does anybody actually do anything? I mean for fuck's sake, what angers me most about this story is how the girl dealt with this situation. She was too proud to report this or anything and now a judge like this is remaining in office without facing ANY consequences, without even a report or anything being filed anywhere. Her colleagues are proud of her but for fuck's sake, it was a disgusting and selfish choice she made. Because of people behaving like this stuff like this shit keeps happening here. Other people may face court and have their fates depend on a judge who is either willing to break the law or does not know the law! The girl was in the perfect position to not only get compensation for this harm that was done to her but actually improve the situation in this country a tiny little bit. I'm equally pissed at the girl as I am at the insane parents who got her fired. I sometimes feel like this country is one big mental home.

Jacob_1994: One question to you guys, did your life improve when you moved out of your parent's house?
Yes.
Post edited March 27, 2015 by F4LL0UT
F4LL0UT: A colleague of my girlfriend lost her job recently.

Jacob_1994: One question to you guys, did your life improve when you moved out of your parent's house?
F4LL0UT: Yes.
That happens a lot more then you think, and all because of parents taking things too far. as for the girl who lost her job and didn't hold it against them, she did the right thing because I seen what hate does to a person, not a pretty picture.
I can't beat my sugar craving! All I want is candies, and I am too old for that. Just spent my extra money to cheapest sweets from a shop, feeling like a junkie.

I beat drugs, tobacco and alcohol. But can't resist sweets :(((

Studied and checked tons of articles and videos about sugar and it's effects on mind and body to no avail. I know for 100% it's bad, and that sugar is not needed for life despite what media saying. Still this crave is killing me, silly-silly weakness of mine.

Have anyone beat sugar?
Cadaver747: I can't beat my sugar craving! All I want is candies, and I am too old for that. Just spent my extra money to cheapest sweets from a shop, feeling like a junkie.

I beat drugs, tobacco and alcohol. But can't resist sweets :(((

Studied and checked tons of articles and videos about sugar and it's effects on mind and body to no avail. I know for 100% it's bad, and that sugar is not needed for life despite what media saying. Still this crave is killing me, silly-silly weakness of mine.

Have anyone beat sugar?
Yeah sugar is easy to beat,if you can beat drugs,tobacco and grog then sugar should be a snack....
Used to have 3 teaspoons of sugar in tea and coffee,gradually dropped down to 2 then 1 now none...
Been smoking for many years and never tried to give them up because I enjoy them.I know while that's in my
head,I'll never give them up...
If you can't beat sugar then I reckon your not trying hard enough,cut it down gradually and you will do it..