It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Coelocanth:
My condolences to you and your family.
Coelocanth: Wasn't sure I'd write anything about this, but I think I need to say something. My brother committed suicide last Wednesday. He suffered from Bipolar Mood Disorder and obviously finally succumbed to it. He was 45. Of course our family is devastated and we're coping as best we can. I think the worst part right now is my sister is on vacation and we've been unable to reach her and we're debating whether or not to tell her until she comes back anyway. So far the decision is out of our hands. Not even sure why I'm posting this or what I'm really trying to accomplish here. My brother could be an incredibly funny guy at times. I'll miss his humour. I'll miss him. At least he isn't suffering anymore.
I barely check these forums anymore but saw this and had to say that I am truly sorry for your loss. I have a sister who I'd be absolutely devastated to lose, so I can only imagine how you feel. My thoughts are with you, buddy.
Right now I am in the south and it is 25 degrees outside 25 DEGREES!!!!!. BTW, I am in the Panhandle of Florida writing this just before midnight. It might even get to 15 degrees before morning. I don't have enough heaters for this crap and all my clothes are for 45 degrees and warmer.
clisair: Right now I am in the south and it is 25 degrees outside 25 DEGREES!!!!!. BTW, I am in the Panhandle of Florida writing this just before midnight. It might even get to 15 degrees before morning. I don't have enough heaters for this crap and all my clothes are for 45 degrees and warmer.
Some people say, that the Earth is not getting warmer but colder. They say that we are close to another ice age. I forget who, unfortunately. I will try to find out where I got this info from and if I do, I will share with you the source.
clisair: Right now I am in the south and it is 25 degrees outside 25 DEGREES!!!!!. BTW, I am in the Panhandle of Florida writing this just before midnight. It might even get to 15 degrees before morning. I don't have enough heaters for this crap and all my clothes are for 45 degrees and warmer.
monkeydelarge: Some people say, that the Earth is not getting warmer but colder. They say that we are close to another ice age. I forget who, unfortunately. I will try to find out where I got this info from and if I do, I will share with you the source.
Wouldn't matter. They could be building snowmen in Samoa and the media would come out and tell us that the Earth was going into its next ice age because of global warming. Notice that as of right now they don't use the term much. Global warming has become 'climate change.' Interesting choice of words for making a conspiracy out of a self-evident observation of physics and planetary ecology.

Orwell once said that in times of great deceit, telling the truth would be a revolutionary act. Apparently, so will be stating the obvious.
monkeydelarge: Some people say, that the Earth is not getting warmer but colder. They say that we are close to another ice age. I forget who, unfortunately. I will try to find out where I got this info from and if I do, I will share with you the source.
Emob78: Wouldn't matter. They could be building snowmen in Samoa and the media would come out and tell us that the Earth was going into its next ice age because of global warming. Notice that as of right now they don't use the term much. Global warming has become 'climate change.' Interesting choice of words for making a conspiracy out of a self-evident observation of physics and planetary ecology.

Orwell once said that in times of great deceit, telling the truth would be a revolutionary act. Apparently, so will be stating the obvious.
I think a lot of people are starting to think global warming is BS so now the people who came up with this global warming idea are trying to protect themselves from looking like fools by pretending they were behind the idea of climate change(not global warming). But I doubt the world will forget.
Post edited February 20, 2015 by monkeydelarge
Emob78: Wouldn't matter. They could be building snowmen in Samoa and the media would come out and tell us that the Earth was going into its next ice age because of global warming. Notice that as of right now they don't use the term much. Global warming has become 'climate change.' Interesting choice of words for making a conspiracy out of a self-evident observation of physics and planetary ecology.

monkeydelarge: I think a lot of people are starting to think global warming is BS so now the people who came up with this global warming idea are trying to protect themselves from looking like fools by pretending they were behind the idea of climate change(not global warming). But I doubt the world will forget.
Well, when they put an oil man (Al Gore) out as the figurehead of their political agenda for a green economy, they certainly showed themselves to be heroically full of shit. The real reason for the PR stunts is simple. Carbon taxes. The energy companies, contractors, and government agencies all stand to make far more money from us breathing than they do from taxing us at at the gas station. People have no idea how many billions are at stake in this geopolitical shoving match.

Just typing the words global warming on social media is enough to make people go berserk. I think if the planet is warming, it's most likely due to all of those twitter and facebook flame wars. If people would just calm down for a goddamn second we might be able to save the polar bears!
Can we all please agree on ONE system of measurement? :p I suggest we use the metric system and Celsius!.
Soccorro: Can we all please agree on ONE system of measurement? :p I suggest we use the metric system and Celsius!.
Let's invent a new system for the whole planet, so everyone needs new thermometers, ruler and scales. That should cheer up economy...
Coelocanth: ...
Only now did I see you post. I'm very sorry for your loss.
Post edited February 20, 2015 by toxicTom
Soccorro: Can we all please agree on ONE system of measurement? :p I suggest we use the metric system and Celsius!.
Ok, then it would have been, when I posted, -3.88889c
clisair: Ok, then it would have been, when I posted, -3.88889c
Now you make sense!
clisair: Ok, then it would have been, when I posted, -3.88889c
Soccorro: Now you make sense!
No matter what number you use it is cold for Florida
Soccorro: Now you make sense!
clisair: No matter what number you use it is cold for Florida
Here is the source I was talking about.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1085359/Global-warning-We-actually-heading-new-Ice-Age-claim-scientists.html
Coelocanth: My brother committed suicide last Wednesday.
Sorry for your loss. I hope he is in a better place right now and I hope your family can overcome the pain.
Post edited February 21, 2015 by monkeydelarge
A metric assfuckton of deadlines to meet, never mind filing work applications and every other damn thing that I'm supposed to do preferably by the end of the month. Stress stress stress stress.
Just came back from a stroll. Met a little girl - maybe 4 years old - and her father(?), who I never saw before in my life, and that brat looked angry at me and said:"Get lost!" The only comment of the parent was:"One doesn't say something like this." I got no excuse.
I love human beings...