It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

elbaz: Just ran out of heating oil. I would normally just buy some more, but oh look, I've run out of money as well!
Damuna: Well, kill someone you don't like and use their corpse to keep a fire. Two birds with one stone!
Oh thats just silly, everyone knows that fresh corpses are too soggy to sustain a flame
Aliasalpha: Oh thats just silly, everyone knows that fresh corpses are too soggy to sustain a flame
Well, it doesn't have to be fresh.
Aliasalpha: Oh thats just silly, everyone knows that fresh corpses are too soggy to sustain a flame
Damuna: Well, it doesn't have to be fresh.
Mummies probably work best...
Yeah but then elbaz would have had to have killed someone ages ago or has to kill them now and wait ages to burn them, probably easier to wait till he can afford oil
Aliasalpha: Yeah but then elbaz would have had to have killed someone ages ago or has to kill them now and wait ages to burn them, probably easier to wait till he can afford oil
Dig up a bog mummy or two maybe? Is he near a swamp or bog by any chance?
One book cost me entire half of my book budget. Not kewl. :(

This put me in 40 bucks in red, dammit.
MGShogun: One book cost me entire half of my book budget. Not kewl. :(

Well that sucks...did you try buying them used at the school bookstore or nearby college store?
MGShogun: One book cost me entire half of my book budget. Not kewl. :(

GameRager: Well that sucks...did you try buying them used at the school bookstore or nearby college store?
Dude, that one book is used and I bought it at nearby college store. :( My professor wasn't very happy with the publisher at all.
GameRager: Well that sucks...did you try buying them used at the school bookstore or nearby college store?
MGShogun: Dude, that one book is used and I bought it at nearby college store. :( My professor wasn't very happy with the publisher at all.
Damn man, what the hell were you buying? "Step by Step Guide: Living Your Life"? :p
MGShogun: Dude, that one book is used and I bought it at nearby college store. :( My professor wasn't very happy with the publisher at all.
KavazovAngel: Damn man, what the hell were you buying? "Step by Step Guide: Living Your Life"? :p
Something like that, lol.
Post edited January 30, 2011 by MGShogun
This is not really bitching but more like karma. My mom married my dad and my mom got divorced from him after he broke her nose and other stuff. My dad is like the cheapest person in the world. He's the type of guy that goes to home depot and looks at a lawnmower thats $150.00 for two hours, and after the two hours are up, he sais this is too expensive, lets go. He never paid for repairs when married to my mom, he barely paid the electric bill and any utilities saying that they need more money. The funny thing is my dad had money, he's a teacher and then he prally made 70,000 along with my mom working too. Thats more than enough for a small house.

Now years later when im still young, he remarried to this controlling bitch and she controls everything about his life. I left the house after telling her off and lived with my mom. This lady is the quintessential reason where the term ball and chain came from. I now live in my own house as i am 25, but he still bitches about not being able to bring anything into the house, for fear that she wont let him.

This is the biggest karma situation, the controller becomes the controlled. Its not really annoying, its more or less pathetic. I still think he got what he deserved for what he did.

Hopefully none of any of you have to go through the divorce situation like that. It was really a very painful part of all our lives, and i wouldnt wish it on anyone.
Post edited February 13, 2011 by deathknight1728
I was a product of a divorced family as well, I can relate.

On the thread's topic, I don't actually have much to bitch about other than I'm already half through my training for my new position at work. If I had it my way, I'd train every day for work ;)

Don't hate me for the lack of bad news, I can still use all the positive vibes you're willing to send, and I will send positivity to all in this thread.
-Cym
CymTyr: I was a product of a divorced family as well, I can relate.

On the thread's topic, I don't actually have much to bitch about other than I'm already half through my training for my new position at work. If I had it my way, I'd train every day for work ;)

Don't hate me for the lack of bad news, I can still use all the positive vibes you're willing to send, and I will send positivity to all in this thread.
-Cym
To be frankly honest, good news is hard to come by for me, so the more the better my friend. I cant look in a paper or internet news on aol without reading about some mother or father that blows away both their children without a thought.

I will give you this small piece of good news, although it was half a year ago. Somewhere for some reason, a 3 year old got out of the house and found her way to a pool of water maybe 5 feet deep. The mother saw her through the window and knew that she had maybe 10-15 seconds to get to her before she drown. Saving her was impossible. When out of nowhere, some random guy appears (like a ghost almost) and saves the girl. By the time the girl is on the floor, the man is gone without a trace and the mother is reunited with her daughter. They couldnt find the man that did the act, but a couple of days later he came out and said why he didnt show. Turns out he didnt like publicity and the press in general and instead ran off before people would start questioning him. It was such a great story, and i couldnt believe i was reading it since most of the time, news is the complete opposite.

Its kinda cool how that works out, the large amount of bad news is overridden with 1 small or large act of heroism. Its awesome how that works ya know?
That's a warming story, thanks for sharing it. It really is a blessing to be able to know of events such as this when they happen... You're not kidding when you say most of the news these days is bad.

Here's a little bit more about my training: I'm getting a raise, it's modest, not much, but it's a raise and will help me as I am the sole supporter for my household. Also, it will break up the monotony of work, where before I was strictly handling financial calls, now I will be handling financial as well as customer support.

It's a great thing for me, I love the technical support-type stuff, which is part of CS with the company I work for. I don't have any insanely awesome stories like yours, but there's a little bit of brightness for you, because when I get that raise I'll have more money to buy more GOG's, and in turn help GOG get more GOG's ;)
CymTyr: That's a warming story, thanks for sharing it. It really is a blessing to be able to know of events such as this when they happen... You're not kidding when you say most of the news these days is bad.

Here's a little bit more about my training: I'm getting a raise, it's modest, not much, but it's a raise and will help me as I am the sole supporter for my household. Also, it will break up the monotony of work, where before I was strictly handling financial calls, now I will be handling financial as well as customer support.

It's a great thing for me, I love the technical support-type stuff, which is part of CS with the company I work for. I don't have any insanely awesome stories like yours, but there's a little bit of brightness for you, because when I get that raise I'll have more money to buy more GOG's, and in turn help GOG get more GOG's ;)
Thats good news. Having a dependable, stable and legal job is important nowadays. Especially when raising a family. I dont think i will get married in my life, but who knows, anything can happen. And the more positive things that do occur, the more improved the chances are. But for now, i like the lone wanderer lifestyle.