It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

To respect the thread: I hate that I'm anxious about going to see my social worker tomorrow who is trying to help me with my anxiety issue. I hate having anxiety issues at all, I even fear getting better tabarnac de criss de calice (French Quebec swear words).
fr33kSh0w2012: OH HELL NO!!! that makes it WORSE!

I used Bicarbonate of SODA in water that seems to work or sometimes URAL satchels seems to help a Little!
justanoldgamer: What works for me for stomach burn is Yop, it's a yogurt drink, but I don't know if you have it in Australia. I also love it the morning after drinking too much.
No we Don't have Yop! my Colon Burns like there is SULPHURIC ACID in there it's just Itchy in there ATM some days it feels Like there is White hot Lava searing in there I Hallucinate and go Delirious on those days! I HATE MY LIFE!
A glass plate exploded in my microwave oven earlier today. Proof attached.

The worst thing: only thirty seconds were left on the counter when it happened.
Attachments:
explosion.jpg (170 Kb)
Post edited November 06, 2014 by F4LL0UT
F4LL0UT: A glass plate exploded in my microwave oven earlier today. Proof attached.

The worst thing: only thirty seconds were left on the counter when it happened.
Wow. I've had food explosions in microwave ovens but never dishware. There does not seem to be any evidence of food in the picture, was it water or a very clear soup? (By the way, congratulation of a very clean microwave oven).
justanoldgamer: Wow. I've had food explosions in microwave ovens but never dishware. There does not seem to be any evidence of food in the picture, was it water or a very clear soup?
Haha, my buddy instantly asked the same thing. Frankly I was so stupid to use a plate for something that wouldn't have needed one in the first place. I was heating up something similar to lasagna - but not lasagna (which is a very important detail according to my girlfriend but I don't know what it was exactly). Anyway, it was kinda wrapped in food... wrap, or something like that. Dang, I really don't have the necessary English vocabularly for culinary stuff. Anyway, it was packaged like this. I usually still use a glass plate, it's kinda more convenient to grab it, it's not gonna bend, I'm less likely to burn myself this way... so, yeah, I almost made our house explode because I have the irrational habit of putting a plate under lasagna and lasagna-likes.

Anyway, the meal survived the explosion just fine. It was just sitting there in all its glassy goodness. I picked the four shards I saw on top of it and then... I threw it away because I'm not a suicidal maniac.

justanoldgamer: (By the way, congratulation of a very clean microwave oven).
Lol, thanks.
F4LL0UT: Anyway, it was packaged like this.
Wait.... did you mean to say that you put a large metal aluminum foil container in your microwave on top of your glass dish???

X-P
Post edited November 06, 2014 by chadjenofsky
FOIL PACKAGING IS NOT GOOD IN MICROWAVES

All my microwaves lasted for 3 weeks to 3 months and SHOT SPARKS EVERYWHERE!!!
Post edited November 06, 2014 by fr33kSh0w2012
fr33kSh0w2012: FOIL PACKAGING IS NOT GOOD IN MICROWAVES

Who the Hells puts foil anything in a microwave? That's like rule #1 lad, no metal of any kind in a microwave, ever.If you're just a troll, well, your last few posts are amusing to say the least.
justanoldgamer: To respect the thread: I hate that I'm anxious about going to see my social worker tomorrow who is trying to help me with my anxiety issue. I hate having anxiety issues at all, I even fear getting better tabarnac de criss de calice (French Quebec swear words).
Good luck, I too suffer from anxiety issues so I know how frustrating it can all be.
Post edited November 06, 2014 by Ragnarblackmane
I've got to go on a diet since I've been piling on extra kgs since the last six months and I've got to give up ALL the things that I love till I don't know when and eat all sorts of tasteless stuff which I detest... Didn't know I would miss simple everyday taken-for-granted things like pizza and white bread and ham and stuff. :-/
Damn! In most cases today, no more the old saying holds any effect: "Customer is always right", and its variations thereof: "Customer is king". With sound exceptions like good old gog here, i find myself seriously troubled outside, by people who offer products or services, for a price, offline. They no more respect the customer as an entity, respect the money they are being paid (their attitude is like customer was always and from the start obliged to pay them, and/or he/she should have paid them more), they do not value and appreciate them enough, and certainly, do not feel at all even as a token, obliged, to serve you slightly better in the slightest, even with the tiniest token of enthusiastic approach.

Dammit, i might be growing old, or be a nostalgeek (nostalgic geek), but i really miss the good old times, even though i never lived in them...
Post edited November 06, 2014 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
Ragnarblackmane: Who the Hells puts foil anything in a microwave? That's like rule #1 lad, no metal of any kind in a microwave, ever.If you're just a troll, well, your last few posts are amusing to say the least.
NO! I am NOT a troll! I'm a real Person Not a troll, Thanks >:( .
Post edited November 06, 2014 by fr33kSh0w2012
chadjenofsky: Wait.... did you mean to say that you put a large metal aluminum foil container in your microwave on top of your glass dish???
I'm aware that one shouldn't put that kind of stuff into the microwave oven, first I actually wasn't going to. Then my GF told me that this particular stuff is okay (for reasons she couldn't explain, of course) but pointed me to the instructions on the box and indeed, they said to put the whole thing in there, along with the foil. I was skeptical and watched the thing carefully at first - there were no sparks so I guess everything was okay with that.
fr33kSh0w2012: FOIL PACKAGING IS NOT GOOD IN MICROWAVES
As I said, instructions on the box said it's okay for this stuff, so I did it (despite being worried at first) and indeed there were no sparks.

And I don't know why there were no sparks, I have no idea whether it was about the material or something else. But I don't think the plate explosion was related to the foil (or that the foil was doing anything bad at all). I think it was really just about the temperature the plate reached because of how long I was supposed to heat this stuff.

Ragnarblackmane: If you're just a troll, well, your last few posts are amusing to say the least.
fr33kSh0w2012: NO! I am NOT a troll! I'm a real Person Not a troll, Thanks >:( .
I'm pretty sure he meant me. :P
Ragnarblackmane: Who the Hells puts foil anything in a microwave? That's like rule #1 lad, no metal of any kind in a microwave, ever.If you're just a troll, well, your last few posts are amusing to say the least.
Uhm, you can put metal into a microwave when it's mostly submerged in a liquid. Even the manuals tell you that. For instance a teaspoon lying on a meal would shoot sparks, a teaspoon in a cup filled with a beverage wouldn't do any harm. It's some really deep quantum physics NASA shit and I'm sure there's some law hidden in there that explains why it was okay to put this particular meal in there as well.

As I said, box instructions said that and there were no sparks. The explosion was surely only related to the temperature (this was like the longest I've ever put a meal in this microwave :p).

Edit: Just read up on it. When the foil is closely stuck to the meal or container beneath it, without any major wrinkles or pieces sticking out, and there's some space between the foil and the oven's walls you're going to be okay. I guess that applied in this case.
Mark354: I've got to go on a diet since I've been piling on extra kgs since the last six months and I've got to give up ALL the things that I love till I don't know when and eat all sorts of tasteless stuff which I detest... Didn't know I would miss simple everyday taken-for-granted things like pizza and white bread and ham and stuff. :-/
I know the feel.
F4LL0UT: I'm aware that one shouldn't put that kind of stuff into the microwave oven, first I actually wasn't going to. Then my GF told me that this particular stuff is okay (for reasons she couldn't explain, of course) but pointed me to the instructions on the box and indeed, they said to put the whole thing in there, along with the foil. I was skeptical and watched the thing carefully at first - there were no sparks so I guess everything was okay with that.
As I said, instructions on the box said it's okay for this stuff, so I did it (despite being worried at first) and indeed there were no sparks.

And I don't know why there were no sparks, I have no idea whether it was about the material or something else. But I don't think the plate explosion was related to the foil (or that the foil was doing anything bad at all). I think it was really just about the temperature the plate reached because of how long I was supposed to heat this stuff.

I'm pretty sure he meant me. :P
Why on earth would I mean you? I quoted him because frankly all of his posts indicate a deep-seated psychological disorder or else trolling.
Ragnarblackmane: Why on earth would I mean you? I quoted him because frankly all of his posts indicate a deep-seated psychological disorder or else trolling.
OoooOOOOoooh, I see.