It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lower back is acting up again. Gonna be driving about ten hours today, and again Thursday, and I hope these rental car seats don't compound the problem.
Caught the lurgy. So generally feeling down and bad. :(

On the plus side, it's not ebola...
Getcomposted: Caught the lurgy. So generally feeling down and bad. :(

Better get a horn or tuba and start playing...
Getcomposted: Caught the lurgy. So generally feeling down and bad. :(

What is "the lurgy"?
Ragnarblackmane: What is "the lurgy"?
It is a British slang word that refers to an illness, usually a cold or flu. It can also be used in a more comical manner to mean a fictitious, highly infectious disease. Often used in the phrase "the dreaded lurgi".
ddickinson: It is a British slang word that refers to an illness, usually a cold or flu. It can also be used in a more comical manner to mean a fictitious, highly infectious disease. Often used in the phrase "the dreaded lurgi".
Bloody Britons, always making up words, why can't you just speak English like proper Americans!

;) Thanks for clarifying, and also congratulations on reaching 300 rep, despite how silly and pointless rep actually is in the grand scheme of things. You've 10,000 rep in my book, and that means a lot, because of reasons.
Post edited October 13, 2014 by Ragnarblackmane
Ragnarblackmane: ...
God help us if we all spoke "proper American" :-). Speaking of made up words, the season following Summer is Autumn, not Fall. Oh and it's "couldn't care less" not "could care less". The saying means that you care zero (0%), by saying "could care less" that means there is room to care less, so you must at least care 1%. You bloody Yanks and your butchered English! ;-)

I never noticed that I reached 300 rep. Thank you, the feeling is very much mutual.
ddickinson: God help us if we all spoke "proper American" :-). Speaking of made up words, the season following Summer is Autumn, not Fall. Oh and it's "couldn't care less" not "could care less". The saying means that you care zero (0%), by saying "could care less" that means there is room to care less, so you must at least care 1%. You bloody Yanks and your butchered English! ;-)

I never noticed that I reached 300 rep. Thank you, the feeling is very much mutual.
"Couldn't care less" oh dear gods, tell my mother that, she still says it incorrectly after 16+ years of trying to correct her:).
Crunchings and munchings for Lurgi!
Just got a letter from the tax office that made my heart stop. First there's a lengthy list of laws I allegedly broke, followed by the potential penalty (ranging from a fine to imprisonment) and it was signed by some "commissar". I almost fainted when I saw it. Only after a minor panic attack I read what it was actually about: me not having submitted a certain form last year. Apparently I still have a chance to fix things without any penalty by submitting it ASAP.

The thing is: I didn't submit it last year because according to everything I had read and had been told by a lawyer and his bookkeeper I was not obliged to do so. Anyway, I grabbed that form from the web, began researching how I have to fill it out and guess what: again I stumbled upon sources that clearly state that the form didn't apply in my case. I actually found the exact paragraphs in the civil code that this is based on. And actually I already signed a different document earlier this year at the tax office (in front of a clerk who lead me through it) that confirmed that this other form I'm asked to submit didn't ever apply in my case.

So yeah, clerks. They truly are Poland's finest. Can't wait to waste several hours in the presence of these soulless creatures which have dedicated their lives to harassing regular citizens.

And that's really just my luck. Earlier this year a company I haven't worked for since 2012 actually reported to the tax office that I had worked for them in summer 2013 which also caused me quite a few headaches. Assholes, assholes everywhere!
ahh man tax pain, stupid official bastards
Nope, going to avoid thinking about teh tax pain in my future...
New Year, that'll be in the New Year!

I still have to think about Christmas presents!
What to get for people who are unable to articulate their desires, but who mope if you don't get them something.
*rips a little bit of hair out*
Today, my cat made me a present. I woke up with a mouse in my bed.
This was the good news, as I find it to be very cute of him (even though the mouse was still alive when I woke up, it died moments later.)

The bad news, my sister left the freezer open for several hours when I was out. Everything inside it thawed and we had to throw the food away. Not to mention the room being flooded. My mother cooked the meat that was still okay, so it won't spoil either.
Now we're going to eat mincemeat for the next few days. We're so mad at each other right now, you can't believe it.
F4LL0UT: Tax stuff
I had a good one a couple years back, where the IRS misplaced a comma - moved it two places to the right so they thought I made a whooole lot more than what I brought in for the year. Heh - whoops!

Instead of going straight to the tax folks, I'd first have the lawyer and bookkeeper take a look at it. They'll likely know the best way to respond, citing "chapter and verse" of the code to cover your butt.

Good luck.
Externica: Today, my cat made me a present. I woke up with a mouse in my bed.
This was the good news, as I find it to be very cute of him (even though the mouse was still alive when I woke up, it died moments later.)

The bad news, my sister left the freezer open for several hours when I was out. Everything inside it thawed and we had to throw the food away. Not to mention the room being flooded. My mother cooked the meat that was still okay, so it won't spoil either.
Now we're going to eat mincemeat for the next few days. We're so mad at each other right now, you can't believe it.
Your cat brought you a mouse because he or she thinks you are a terrible hunter incapable of catching anything and doesn't want you to go hungry. Basically, your cat wanted you to have some breakfast in bed. Disgusting but sweet.
Post edited October 14, 2014 by monkeydelarge