It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HereForTheBeer: LOL. Well, none of us are anywhere near as greedy as the governments we'd like to scale back a bit.

Guess it's time to bring back the old title.
Soccorro: I have volunteered in a soup kitchen for a couple of months. I can guarantee, that none of those who needed our help chose to be poor. I gladly pay taxes meant for welfare. The work there has, in a political manner, pushed me into the left corner, and honestly, i'm proud to be a leftist idiot :D I however do respect your point of view and support your right to have an own opinion on that.
Well, big Corporate spends a lot of money on propaganda through the Corporate State Television media that trains people to turn against their own governments and interests, and gets them to hate the poor, infirmed and elderly and blame them for all the financial problems caused by Wall Street Bankers, whilst the owners and operators of corporations steal the wealth of our nations, commit massive financial fraud and poison our food and water with pollutants.

All those regulations and laws designed to protect people from greed cut into the profit taking. So, lawyers and executives go through revolving doors from the corporations into “public service” government positions to sabotage all the working programs and policies and declare that government is broken.

Then we hear privatization is the only answer to fix things, though it ends up costing more, whilst getting less and the revenue no longer circulates through the economy, it goes into private pockets and their offshore “tax havens”.

And in general, the wealthy who own those corporations don’t pay taxes, though they do demand that every-day people must pay more in taxes so our nations can give them more subsidies and benefits, but they believe every-day people should not have social programs and labor laws, or individual human rights, or even representation through our governments, since they see us as mere livestock to be harvested or used as pawns in times of war.

It is not just happening here in the U.S., though here in the States the majority of people haven’t been informed about the revolving doors, or these new “free Trade” agreements being negotiated in secret, (Trans-Pacific and Trans-Atlantic and TTIP). They are too busy being worried about “big Government”.

“Corporations are People, my friend...”
viperfdl: Yeah you both can kiss my ass, too!
toxicTom: No offence meant.
Ok, then I apologize.

toxicTom: From my (limited) experience stigmata dreams could mean you've made a big sacrifice and your soul needs time to heal itself.
I'm not religious, so I don't think it has anything to do with crucifixion.

PS: And I'm not yet insane enough to belief I would be Jesus.
viperfdl: If dreams have a meaning then what the fuck is that supposed to mean?
Have you had a splinter or some discomfort in your hands recently? Or even a concern about potential discomfort in your hands? I have a tricky jaw, and I occasionally dream that I can painlessly flip my entire mandible forward out of my face. They're not frightening dreams, just curious ones. Perhaps you slept on your arm, briefly cut off circulation to one hand, and the nail thoughts were just your mind accommodating that feeling of pins-and-needles and making it part of your dream.

Seeing that you're from Germany, I'm now wondering how pins-and-needles translates into other languages.
viperfdl: If dreams have a meaning then what the fuck is that supposed to mean?
grimwerk: Have you had a splinter or some discomfort in your hands recently? Or even a concern about potential discomfort in your hands? I have a tricky jaw, and I occasionally dream that I can painlessly flip my entire mandible forward out of my face. They're not frightening dreams, just curious ones. Perhaps you slept on your arm, briefly cut off circulation to one hand, and the nail thoughts were just your mind accommodating that feeling of pins-and-needles and making it part of your dream.

Seeing that you're from Germany, I'm now wondering how pins-and-needles translates into other languages.
Hmm, could be.

According to dict.cc pins-and-needles can be translated as "Kribbeln" which describes for example the sense of "pain" one get if a limb "falls asleep" by cutting off circulation.
Post edited September 30, 2014 by viperfdl
viperfdl: Had a strange dream last night. I dreamed that nails were in my hand and that I pulled them out. Oh, I'm not talking about fingernails; I mean those made of metal that can be used to nail boards together. First they were rather small but later they were even bigger. They weren't nailed through my hand, they were just... buried in my hand, but the bigger ones would never have fit in a hand. I felt no pain and after the last nail the hole where only bleeding a little.
If dreams have a meaning then what the fuck is that supposed to mean?
Maybe you dreamed you were Jesus? And that doesn't mean you are insane.

Maybe your dream has something to do with this. And that doesn't mean you are insane.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigmata
Soccorro: I have volunteered in a soup kitchen for a couple of months. I can guarantee, that none of those who needed our help chose to be poor. I gladly pay taxes meant for welfare. The work there has, in a political manner, pushed me into the left corner, and honestly, i'm proud to be a leftist idiot :D I however do respect your point of view and support your right to have an own opinion on that.
GhostwriterDoF: Well, big Corporate spends a lot of money on propaganda through the Corporate State Television media that trains people to turn against their own governments and interests, and gets them to hate the poor, infirmed and elderly and blame them for all the financial problems caused by Wall Street Bankers, whilst the owners and operators of corporations steal the wealth of our nations, commit massive financial fraud and poison our food and water with pollutants.

All those regulations and laws designed to protect people from greed cut into the profit taking. So, lawyers and executives go through revolving doors from the corporations into “public service” government positions to sabotage all the working programs and policies and declare that government is broken.

Then we hear privatization is the only answer to fix things, though it ends up costing more, whilst getting less and the revenue no longer circulates through the economy, it goes into private pockets and their offshore “tax havens”.

And in general, the wealthy who own those corporations don’t pay taxes, though they do demand that every-day people must pay more in taxes so our nations can give them more subsidies and benefits, but they believe every-day people should not have social programs and labor laws, or individual human rights, or even representation through our governments, since they see us as mere livestock to be harvested or used as pawns in times of war.

It is not just happening here in the U.S., though here in the States the majority of people haven’t been informed about the revolving doors, or these new “free Trade” agreements being negotiated in secret, (Trans-Pacific and Trans-Atlantic and TTIP). They are too busy being worried about “big Government”.

“Corporations are People, my friend...”
Hear, hear! A very well written post full of the truth about our country. Thanks for sharing. +1 You are awesome. I wish I could write as well as you do. Then maybe I'd be able help a lot of Libertarians see the light instead of just pissing them off until they want me to die in a fire. :P

Yes, it's not just happening here in the U.S. but only here, is there such an insane level of brainwashing. And what is also sad is they think their thoughts are really their thoughts... If you tell them, they have been brainwashed, they will think you are crazy...
Post edited October 01, 2014 by monkeydelarge
Changing all my online accounts and passwords to a new email is a real pain. Took a few hours and I got everything except for GOG and my Nintendo ID switched over. I had to re-install my OS again.
Post edited October 01, 2014 by JetGumRadio
Is there anybody else out there who gets annoyed with other people's ability to assess quality and assign a corresponding rating to products, or with respect to GOG, games? I get so pissed off at all of the 5 star ratings that completely average games get. The rating systems lose all of their effectiveness when people fail to account for truly excellent games when deciding how to rate the quality of a game they had fun playing. As a result, I look at games like Soul Reaver (4.5 stars) and think it's actually a good game because it's almost as highly rated as System Shock (a solid 5 star game). I fucking hated Soul Reaver! Terrible controls, constantly retracing your steps and tedious enemies. If the story isn't original (and no vampire story is original, whereas the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series does have an original story with poor execution until Call of Pripyat), the controls not logical or stable, the game isn't polished/was rushed, or forces you to retrace your steps (I'm talking to you Anachronox - another game more deserving of 3 stars than it's consensus 4.5), it's NOT 5 stars! In fact, it should lose one star for every one of these issues. A great story and poor execution doesn't make for a good game, it makes for an average game. I wish people would stop assigning 5 stars to games which were "fun" or "good". 5 stars are by definition exceptional, and therefore rare. We're not in the 2nd grade people! There are no fucking "participant trophies"! We're talking about my decision to spend my limited money and time, and I want to know if I'm throwing it away or getting a real quality product.

If anybody disagrees with me, show me three games (of the hundreds) here which have a 1-star rating. I'd be interested if anybody can even show me one single game with a consensus 1-star rating, despite the fact that there are many here deserving of that rating, such as the slapped-together indie games which sell for the same price as the well-polished classics like Baldur's Gate.

Thanks for reading. Writing this helped me remember how ridiculous my complaints are (this does nothing to reduce the relevancy of my points) when I could be complaining about not having clean water to drink.
sheath01: Is there anybody else out there who gets annoyed with other people's ability to assess quality and assign a corresponding rating to products, or with respect to GOG, games? I get so pissed off at all of the 5 star ratings that completely average games get. The rating systems lose all of their effectiveness when people fail to account for truly excellent games when deciding how to rate the quality of a game they had fun playing. As a result, I look at games like Soul Reaver (4.5 stars) and think it's actually a good game because it's almost as highly rated as System Shock (a solid 5 star game). I fucking hated Soul Reaver! Terrible controls, constantly retracing your steps and tedious enemies. If the story isn't original (and no vampire story is original, whereas the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series does have an original story with poor execution until Call of Pripyat), the controls not logical or stable, the game isn't polished/was rushed, or forces you to retrace your steps (I'm talking to you Anachronox - another game more deserving of 3 stars than it's consensus 4.5), it's NOT 5 stars! In fact, it should lose one star for every one of these issues. A great story and poor execution doesn't make for a good game, it makes for an average game. I wish people would stop assigning 5 stars to games which were "fun" or "good". 5 stars are by definition exceptional, and therefore rare. We're not in the 2nd grade people! There are no fucking "participant trophies"! We're talking about my decision to spend my limited money and time, and I want to know if I'm throwing it away or getting a real quality product.

If anybody disagrees with me, show me three games (of the hundreds) here which have a 1-star rating. I'd be interested if anybody can even show me one single game with a consensus 1-star rating, despite the fact that there are many here deserving of that rating, such as the slapped-together indie games which sell for the same price as the well-polished classics like Baldur's Gate.

Thanks for reading. Writing this helped me remember how ridiculous my complaints are (this does nothing to reduce the relevancy of my points) when I could be complaining about not having clean water to drink.
Or in other words, define 'bad art.' Matter of opinion, buddy. Personally, I thought your post was repetitive and a bit wordy. I give it 2 stars. But what do I know? I'm just a retarded American. What value does my opinion of your opinion have? As much or as little as you think.

Hell, most of the people here at GOG love the Witcher series. I think it's an overrated, novice game series that rips off everything else off in its genre. But that's my review, my opinion. You have to consider an opinion for what it is, the beliefs of a human being poured out into words and emotions. That's all it is. Dust. And wind. All we are is dust in the wind, dude.
sheath01: Is there anybody else out there who gets annoyed with other people's ability to assess quality and assign a corresponding rating to products, or with respect to GOG, games? I get so pissed off at all of the 5 star ratings that completely average games get. The rating systems lose all of their effectiveness when people fail to account for truly excellent games when deciding how to rate the quality of a game they had fun playing. As a result, I look at games like Soul Reaver (4.5 stars) and think it's actually a good game because it's almost as highly rated as System Shock (a solid 5 star game). I fucking hated Soul Reaver! Terrible controls, constantly retracing your steps and tedious enemies. If the story isn't original (and no vampire story is original, whereas the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series does have an original story with poor execution until Call of Pripyat), the controls not logical or stable, the game isn't polished/was rushed, or forces you to retrace your steps (I'm talking to you Anachronox - another game more deserving of 3 stars than it's consensus 4.5), it's NOT 5 stars! In fact, it should lose one star for every one of these issues. A great story and poor execution doesn't make for a good game, it makes for an average game. I wish people would stop assigning 5 stars to games which were "fun" or "good". 5 stars are by definition exceptional, and therefore rare. We're not in the 2nd grade people! There are no fucking "participant trophies"! We're talking about my decision to spend my limited money and time, and I want to know if I'm throwing it away or getting a real quality product.

The problem is, some people judge games with logic but most people judge with only emotions... A lot of bad games make some people feel good so they think the game is good and share their worthless opinions with other people. Yep, we live in a world where most people's opinions are worthless. Not just when it comes to games but when it comes to everything. It's exhausting... It would be nice if they make two separate sections(one section for reviews and another section for emotional worthless reviews) when it comes to reviews because too many people give games high ratings because that is how they feel about the game. And that makes things difficult for people who are trying to figure out if a game is good or not. But you should still give bad games a try, because there is a chance some bad games can make you feel good therefore you can still get your money's worth with some of them.

I don't find your complaint ridiculous because not getting your money's worth from games is a big deal...
Post edited October 02, 2014 by monkeydelarge

Emob78: Or in other words, define 'bad art.' Matter of opinion, buddy. Personally, I thought your post was repetitive and a bit wordy. I give it 2 stars. But what do I know? I'm just a retarded American. What value does my opinion of your opinion have? As much or as little as you think.

Hell, most of the people here at GOG love the Witcher series. I think it's an overrated, novice game series that rips off everything else off in its genre. But that's my review, my opinion. You have to consider an opinion for what it is, the beliefs of a human being poured out into words and emotions. That's all it is. Dust. And wind. All we are is dust in the wind, dude.
I would agree with you if his post was about paintings, sculptures, poetry or music. Games are more than just art because there is a technical side to games. If a game is poorly optimized, full of bugs, has poor controls, has a poor user interface, is protected by securom, crashes every 5 minutes and doesn't allow you to change video and audio settings to how you like it then the game is bad from a non purely emotional point of view.
Post edited October 02, 2014 by monkeydelarge
Emob78: Hell, most of the people here at GOG love the Witcher series. I think it's an overrated, novice game series that rips off everything else off in its genre. But that's my review, my opinion. You have to consider an opinion for what it is, the beliefs of a human being poured out into words and emotions. That's all it is. Dust. And wind. All we are is dust in the wind, dude.
Great! Hopefully you rated it with 2 or 3 stars, and most others rated it with 4 stars. My point is not that people shouldn't have their own opinion, but that they should give some thought to their rating and compare it to some other games out there, preferably benchmark 5 star games so that they know if this game holds up to the rating or not.
I'm really glad there are people out there like you trashing unexceptional games because it helps even out the consensus rating. I just wish it wasn't necessary.

monkeydelarge: The problem is, some people judge games with logic but most people judge with only emotions... A lot of bad games make some people feel good so they think the game is good and share their worthless opinions with other people. Yep, we live in a world where most people's opinions are worthless. Not just when it comes to games but when it comes to everything. It's exhausting... It would be nice if they make two separate sections(one section for reviews and another section for emotional worthless reviews) when it comes to reviews because too many people give games high ratings because that is how they feel about the game. And that makes things difficult for people who are trying to figure out if a game is good or not. But you should still give bad games a try, because there is a chance some bad games can make you feel good therefore you can still get your money's worth with some of them.

I don't find your complaint ridiculous because not getting your money's worth from games is a big deal...
Yeah, I think you're exactly right. Too little thought is put into the actual quality of the game and ratings are instead "speed-rated" based on the emotional response. My aggravation is due to this lack of thought put in. And sometimes, even though someone may have a list of cons for the game, they still give it 5 stars! I can't follow this logic. 5 stars = 100% perfect. If there are cons, it's 4 stars or less.
Post edited October 02, 2014 by sheath01
monkeydelarge: I would agree with you if his post was about paintings, sculptures, poetry or music. Games are more than just art because there is a technical side to games. If a game is poorly optimized, full of bugs, has poor controls, has a poor user interface, is protected by securom, crashes every 5 minutes and doesn't allow you to change video and audio settings to how you like it then the game is bad from a non purely emotional point of view.
Well sound like a bad case of rage-quitting followed by rage-uninstalling, hence -> emotion ;-).

Rating games is a difficult topic. And single user ratings are as reliable as politicians keeping their pre-election promises. Some (few) people will try to be "objective". Like, with me, for example Anachronox: "I really loved this game and played the hell out of it, but it has some flaws that others might detest - that's why only 3/4 stars. Many more people will give it 5 stars because they find it a truly outstanding game (which it is), or only 1 or 2 stars because they rage quit i.e. in The Hive. Ideally those rating will leverage each other, leading to a realistic average, even if the enthusiasts and the frustrated are more likely to rate rate the game (those groups feel more urge to share their feelings). You can see this on Amazon: usually lots of 4/5 (lovers) and 1s (haters) rather few 2/3 ratings.

Here on GOG it's a little more complicated. The rating system works rather well with current titles. The problem with oldies is, that those people who cherished the game in the past are likely to rebuy it here and rate them high, while people who didn't like them as much will not buy them and most of the time (if it wasn't a memorably horrible experience) refrain from rating since they don't have a connection to the game anymore.
Saw a truly appalling stand-up show at a friend's place. An offensive, hypocritical bastard spewing out dragging nonsequiteurs that were so terrible that if I had been there in the audience, I would have demanded my money back.
AlKim: Saw a truly appalling stand-up show at a friend's place. An offensive, hypocritical bastard spewing out dragging nonsequiteurs that were so terrible that if I had been there in the audience, I would have demanded my money back.
awwww, poor thing!
WE HAVE MARIO BARTH! the dumbest stand up idiot ever. abusing women with his sexist jokes...
AlKim: Saw a truly appalling stand-up show at a friend's place. An offensive, hypocritical bastard spewing out dragging nonsequiteurs that were so terrible that if I had been there in the audience, I would have demanded my money back.
Soccorro: awwww, poor thing!
WE HAVE MARIO BARTH! the dumbest stand up idiot ever. abusing women with his sexist jokes...
The one I'm talking about was Jim Jeffries, in case you want another name to avoid. Sexism and misogyny were a prominent part of his sorry excuse for a repertoire, and he stretches his stories like the guy who laughs at his own jokes that nobody else find funny. I've seen some poor and boring stand-up gigs, but even those have managed to provoke at least one smile from me. Jeffries didn't.