It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

F4LL0UT: How long hasn't she been responding? (I figure like one day?) Maybe you're just pushing it too much and should calm down.
VABlitz: No it's been a couple days, and no I haven't been spamming the inbox. We just usually talk at night and in the morning, so it's kind of unusual. I'll wait it out and see what comes of it and I'm not that stressed about it. I just really hate unresponsiveness. A little "I'm busy" text would have been nice.
Some people are just selfish cowards when it comes to awkward conversations. They rather just take the easy way out and disappear because they would find it too unpleasant to tell you they aren't interested in you anymore. Some people also like to just disappear on people when they aren't interested anymore because they find it amusing to annoy people like that. OR the woman you are talking about simply found a better offer(no offense) or went back to an ex or decided to stop cheating on the man she is with now(you never know). What happened to you happens all the time to almost everyone.

Sorry to hear your bad news but judging from how she is treating you now, you dodged a bullet. It takes less than one minute to write a message to someone telling him or her, you are busy right now so not doing so is simply inconsiderate. And there's plenty more fish in the sea. :) I hope my reply has made things more clear for you and has made you feel better.
Post edited August 18, 2014 by monkeydelarge
F4LL0UT: I agree. I hope that one day I wake up and hear on the radio that all thieves in the world have been found dead in a ditch at the same time and we can leave our doors open. I doubt it's gonna happen, though. Of course I'm exaggerating but my break-in last year has scarred me for life.

What happened to you that you're posting this?
Nothing in particular, behavior that could be claimed as innocuous but over time forms a definitive pattern.
Ragnarblackmane: I don't like thieves. Unless I'm playing one in an rpg.
F4LL0UT: I agree. I hope that one day I wake up and hear on the radio that all thieves in the world have been found dead in a ditch at the same time and we can leave our doors open. I doubt it's gonna happen, though. Of course I'm exaggerating but my break-in last year has scarred me for life.

What happened to you that you're posting this?
That would definitely solve our over population problem.
VABlitz: I thought I had a great date with a lady over the weekend. Now she is not returning email messages or texts, and not answering phone calls.
Yeah, that really sucks. Happened to me as well. Only, I confronted her and wanted to know if she was still interested in dating me. She replied enthusiastically in the positive!

That was the very last time we spoke.
chadjenofsky: Yeah, that really sucks. Happened to me as well. Only, I confronted her and wanted to know if she was still interested in dating me. She replied enthusiastically in the positive!

That was the very last time we spoke.
Been there! This is what came to mind for some reason.
Ragnarblackmane: Been there! This is what came to mind for some reason.
LOL! Good grief! =P
I really need some advice! Do you guys (and Gals) think, that 23 is too old to attend university? I have been rejected again and this is the second year i'm trying. Next year ill be 22/23 years old, when i apply and i think it's a bit too old. should I go for it or just give up and learn a trade or something similar?
Soccorro: I really need some advice! Do you guys (and Gals) think, that 23 is too old to attend university? I have been rejected again and this is the second year i'm trying. Next year ill be 22/23 years old, when i apply and i think it's a bit too old. should I go for it or just give up and learn a trade or something similar?
No that's not too old. Once you get in your 30's perhaps, but for older people like me in their 40's if you want to do it then go for it.
Does Germany not have a community college system? Something anybody can get into for higher learning. I'm not sure I would wait around to be accepted to a University. Start broadening your horizons, go to the trade schools and reapply next year, and the year after, and the year after, etc.

Here in the US we have stories of 80-90 year olds going back to school.
Post edited August 19, 2014 by VABlitz
Soccorro: I really need some advice! Do you guys (and Gals) think, that 23 is too old to attend university? I have been rejected again and this is the second year i'm trying. Next year ill be 22/23 years old, when i apply and i think it's a bit too old. should I go for it or just give up and learn a trade or something similar?
VABlitz: No that's not too old. Once you get in your 30's perhaps, but for older people like me in their 40's if you want to do it then go for it.
Does Germany not have a community college system? Something anybody can get into for higher learning. I'm not sure I would wait around to be accepted to a University. Start broadening your horizons, go to the trade schools and reapply next year, and the year after, and the year after, etc.

Here in the US we have stories of 80-90 year olds going back to school.
Well we do have "community colleges" but i'm accumulating so called waiting semesters. If you don't have the grades for a course, around 20% of the slots are reserved for people who have waited for a couple of years. but as soon as you attend university, the time spent there doesn't qualify for waiting semesters. so i have to stay out of any form of higher school until i'm offerd a slot.
Soccorro: Well we do have "community colleges" but i'm accumulating so called waiting semesters. If you don't have the grades for a course, around 20% of the slots are reserved for people who have waited for a couple of years. but as soon as you attend university, the time spent there doesn't qualify for waiting semesters. so i have to stay out of any form of higher school until i'm offerd a slot.
That sounds like a weird system. We can get a two-year degree from our community college and I have never heard of anyone being rejected from a four-year college, but we do have a lot of colleges to choose from in the States.
Have you thought about applying to a University in another country?
Soccorro: Well we do have "community colleges" but i'm accumulating so called waiting semesters. If you don't have the grades for a course, around 20% of the slots are reserved for people who have waited for a couple of years. but as soon as you attend university, the time spent there doesn't qualify for waiting semesters. so i have to stay out of any form of higher school until i'm offerd a slot.
VABlitz: That sounds like a weird system. We can get a two-year degree from our community college and I have never heard of anyone being rejected from a four-year college, but we do have a lot of colleges to choose from in the States.
Have you thought about applying to a University in another country?
well, i'm going to meet with a lawyer tomorrow. he already got two other applicants in.
Has been almost a month since a potential employer called and assured me that they would invite me for an interview soon. Not that I'm not getting by (currently self-employed), would definitely appreciate a more stable situation with fewer responsibilities, though.
woops
Post edited August 20, 2014 by Soccorro
\o/

Brief update on my previous venting. Got the results back from my biopsy - turns out it's benign. Seems the cysts are being caused by my acid reflux medication.

Amazing it took 7 weeks to get the results back, though. Been a stressful time.

23 is young! Please don't be put off by that, I didn't start University until I was in my mid-20s and I found many people were around my age or older anyway, it just doesn't matter.
Soccorro: woops
I'll reply to the original text (that I can still see in Goatbrush's reply :3). In my opinion 23 is absolutely not too old and if you want to study at a university you should continue trying, even if it takes five additional years. I know people who got their higher education at ages ranging up to 50 (!) and consider it the best step in their life. At age 23-25 you're actually still young enough to be part of the crowd. Many of my friends (also German friends) decided to go for a different academic career after they got their first bachelor of arts at 23 to 25, it was no problem that most of their fellow students are like five years younger. If you want an academic career it's never too late.

What discipline are you trying to get into anyway? Maybe you can already try to get professional experience in a related career that does not require a higher education so once you get the education you have a headstart compared to other students from the same discipline. I know a few people who did similar things.
Goatbrush: Brief update on my previous venting. Got the results back from my biopsy - turns out it's benign.
Benign FTW! Congrats!
(actually I was looking for a different scene but this one's good too)

Edit: Oh, found it, I actually meant this one.
Post edited August 20, 2014 by F4LL0UT