It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For news, I switched over to Public Radio. The stories are much more interesting and detailed, and you get more explanation instead of finger-pointing.
AlKim: That's what you always think, I'm afraid.
animalmother2105: I am absolutely sure
Maybe you said something in passing he took the wrong way. Have you refereed to him as a friend from work and not a friend? Just trying to think of things I have done to piss people off and I had no idea.
Had to go to a flea infested apartment that had finished a couple of treatments to check it was ready for a new tenant. It was full of many dead flies and a couple of spiders. I looked closely at the carpet in some places and couldn't see anything so I assumed the tenant had confused flies with fleas so i goes back to the van.

I'm sat there and look at my arm and there is a suspicious looking black dot so I went to poke it and it jumped somewhere, then after examining myself there was one on my pants which I flicked outside and couldn't find any more on me after that.

First thing I did when I got home was take all my clothes off and jump in the shower for a thorough scrub but now im itchy as hell. I cannot see any fleas and no itchy parts are localised and visible etc so it may be psychological but shite cricket all round! :(
DubConqueror: Saw the news today, when the girlfriend of a friend of mine was watching. Was about to leave, walked into the room and immediately got captivated: sanctions of the EU against Russia and Russian war talk of 'aggressor countries' and hitting back with sanctions of their own, actual war on the plane crash site, war in Gaza, with the Israeli forces targeting schools, mosques, the people's only electricity plant. And people here in Holland in ankle-deep water in their homes in some places due to heavy rainfall.

Immediately very depressed again. It's too dangerous for me to watch the news. Longing for t he end my life, which will take another 40 year wait with the 43 already gone.
best "news" program ever was called the day today, and the same creators did a panorama (investigative journalism) style show called brass eye, also awesome and makes you smile :D. Quite heavily dated nowadays though.
Post edited July 30, 2014 by CptFandango
CptFandango: Had to go to a flea infested apartment
I hate fleas.. and as I read this my leg itches. Damn mental pictures.
CptFandango: Had to go to a flea infested apartment
Sage103082: I hate fleas.. and as I read this my leg itches. Damn mental pictures.
I know man :s I have a pretty bad memory so I keep flicking this same freckle on my knee
Sage103082: I hate fleas.. and as I read this my leg itches. Damn mental pictures.
CptFandango: I know man :s I have a pretty bad memory so I keep flicking this same freckle on my knee

Once you get something in your mind it is very hard to get it out. Even after a shower and tons of soap and hot water.
Post edited July 30, 2014 by Sage103082
CptFandango: I know man :s I have a pretty bad memory so I keep flicking this same freckle on my knee
Sage103082: .

Once you get something in your mind it is very hard to get it out. Even after a shower and tons of soap and hot water.
Hahaha hey put the insult back in!!

*spots a mouse* *jumps on table and lifts up skirt*
CptFandango: *spots a mouse* *jumps on table and lifts up skirt*
lol I didnt want to step on anyone's toes.

Don't worry about a little mouse. Spooky will get 'em.
Attachments:
spooky1.jpg (114 Kb)
Sage103082: Maybe you said something in passing he took the wrong way. Have you refereed to him as a friend from work and not a friend? Just trying to think of things I have done to piss people off and I had no idea.
Well, it is a female. :) That maybe would explain some of it. But I talked to other people and they told me she is having a difficult time right now. I should give her time, she is going on a vacation for two weeks and maybe she will stop after having a break. They also thought she was venting on me, because we have such a close relationship.
Sage103082: Maybe you said something in passing he took the wrong way. Have you refereed to him as a friend from work and not a friend? Just trying to think of things I have done to piss people off and I had no idea.
I've got a friend that I've literally wanted to punch in the face four or five times in just over a year, and I bet you any money that he doesn't know it. I'm a very calm person by nature, so I'm pretty sure that that's more times than I've wanted to punch all other people throughout my life combined. I still consider him a friend, but you can imagine that having harboured such notions has made me distance myself from him to a significant degree, seemingly more so every time I've seen him lately.
I've always hated calling people from work, friends. If I don't hang out with you away from work, you are not a friend, end of story. I guess that's why I don't hang out with anyone from work, or perhaps that's why none of them hang out with me.

As for the news, I watch the weather and that's it. The rest is usually pointless human "interest" stories, commercials, what's happening on the latest "Reality" TV Show, and lead up to the real news story that they flash for ten seconds at the end of the program. I have one news station that actually reads twitter messages from their viewers on the air. How much of a loser, couch potato do you have to be to follow the local news and want to put in your five cents about some trash, non-news story.
Post edited July 31, 2014 by VABlitz
I hate it when people force arbitrary rules down my throat because they don't like something I do, even though it has no impact on them what-so-ever.

How 'bout you live your own @#$%ing life and stay out of mine?
VABlitz: I've always hated calling people from work, friends. If I don't hang out with you away from work, you are not a friend, end of story. I guess that's why I don't hang out with anyone from work, or perhaps that's why none of them hang out with me.

As for the news, I watch the weather and that's it. The rest is usually pointless human "interest" stories, commercials, what's happening on the latest "Reality" TV Show, and lead up to the real news story that they flash for ten seconds at the end of the program. I have one news station that actually reads twitter messages from their viewers on the air. How much of a loser, couch potato do you have to be to follow the local news and want to put in your five cents about some trash, non-news story.
Yeah, I find it so annoying when people cross the line from someone they know to friend inside their head, just because they see someone often or that person was nice to them once or twice. Someone needs to teach them, real life is not Facebook. Friendship is something that must be earned... You can't just mentally add people to your friends list...
Post edited July 31, 2014 by monkeydelarge
The library is not giving me enough hours lately, really frustrating because I love the job but am struggling to pay student loans debts, bills and the usual errata of life.
Ragnarblackmane: The library is not giving me enough hours lately, really frustrating because I love the job but am struggling to pay student loans debts, bills and the usual errata of life.
Sorry to hear that Ragnarblackmane. I used to love working at a library (part time while I was at university), but sadly it shut down due to local government budget cuts. I hope things get better for you and you get some more hours.