It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just installed the latest update for Mount & Blade Warband. Now it keeps crashing before starting. Boo. Guess it's back to the original version.
DieRuhe: Just installed the latest update for Mount & Blade Warband. Now it keeps crashing before starting. Boo. Guess it's back to the original version.
Do you have the game through Steam or TW?Version 1.158 is the latest and has been out for over a year but the Taleworlds forums might help if you haven't checked there yet.
DieRuhe: Just installed the latest update for Mount & Blade Warband. Now it keeps crashing before starting. Boo. Guess it's back to the original version.
Ragnarblackmane: Do you have the game through Steam or TW?Version 1.158 is the latest and has been out for over a year but the Taleworlds forums might help if you haven't checked there yet.
I got it a long time ago from Gamefly; they don't have any patches listed, so I went to the Taleworlds site. Just thought I'd try here too in case anyone has run into this - people are really good here at responding to things quickly.

At the TW site I downloaded the patch/update that says "If you have 1.1 or above, use this to update the game to 1.6" - tried it a few times and it didn't work. But that's ok; I've had it all this time and never worried about updating it. (Now looking forward to M&B II: Bannerlords)
DieRuhe: I got it a long time ago from Gamefly; they don't have any patches listed, so I went to the Taleworlds site. Just thought I'd try here too in case anyone has run into this - people are really good here at responding to things quickly.

At the TW site I downloaded the patch/update that says "If you have 1.1 or above, use this to update the game to 1.6" - tried it a few times and it didn't work. But that's ok; I've had it all this time and never worried about updating it. (Now looking forward to M&B II: Bannerlords)
Hmm, you definitely checked Lusty's thread here?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=282472.0
Gods...I rarely check Facebook and when I do the first thing I see is that an old friend whom I haven't been in touch with for a few years passed away. She was so young, barely out of her twenties. My friend who made the post had been her partner for many years but he did not say how she had passed. What a shit end to my day.
Ragnarblackmane: Gods...I rarely check Facebook and when I do the first thing I see is that an old friend whom I haven't been in touch with for a few years passed away. She was so young, barely out of her twenties. My friend who made the post had been her partner for many years but he did not say how she had passed. What a shit end to my day.
That really is a "shit end to a day". I feel with you. Reminds me of a class reunion some years ago, the first (and last) I've ever been to. I had lost contact to all my former classmates over the years - I'm from a village without a lot of opportunities and except for one, all of the people had spread throughout (mostly) Germany. There were quite a few empty chairs. Car accidents, a drug overdose, missing (not even the parents know a thing). Left me with a strange feeling.

As for my bitching: Last Sunday I somehow destroyed my back. Cleaned my little one after she had taken a shit and when I came up *big ouch*. Have been on painkillers the whole week, but those make me drowsy and are getting to my stomach. And even the double dose (1200 mg Ibuprofen) can't stop the pain. I got a date for physiotherapy but it's only next Wednesday night. And I can't call in sick since we a few days before the deadline of a big project that I'm responsible for and where there a still a thousand little things that need to be taken care of.
toxicTom: That really is a "shit end to a day". I feel with you. Reminds me of a class reunion some years ago, the first (and last) I've ever been to. I had lost contact to all my former classmates over the years - I'm from a village without a lot of opportunities and except for one, all of the people had spread throughout (mostly) Germany. There were quite a few empty chairs. Car accidents, a drug overdose, missing (not even the parents know a thing). Left me with a strange feeling.

As for my bitching: Last Sunday I somehow destroyed my back. Cleaned my little one after she had taken a shit and when I came up *big ouch*. Have been on painkillers the whole week, but those make me drowsy and are getting to my stomach. And even the double dose (1200 mg Ibuprofen) can't stop the pain. I got a date for physiotherapy but it's only next Wednesday night. And I can't call in sick since we a few days before the deadline of a big project that I'm responsible for and where there a still a thousand little things that need to be taken care of.
Thanks, it's nice to know at least someone reads this and cares enough to post. Still no details on how she passed, that kind of lack of information is what gets me.
Post edited July 18, 2014 by Ragnarblackmane
Ragnarblackmane: Thanks, it's nice to know at least someone reads this and cares enough to post. Still no details on how she passed, that kind of lack of information is what gets me.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It's never nice when someone is taken at such a young age, not that it's nice even when they're older, it's just more tragic when they had so much life ahead of them. I hope you find out soon what has happened to you friend to help ease your mind.

As far as me having something to bitch about: I don't really have anything worth mentioning. The only thing I can thing of is that I fell through the roof of a barn I'm repairing on my family's farm today and bruised some ribs, but it could have been worse.
Some asshole hit my car in home depot parking lot and ran away, bastard broke my cars back middle glass part, which being my car old rare model will be impossible to replace. I got to home depot to ask if they have camera covering that area, some stupid bald chinese guy tell me there is no camera outside only inside, i tell him if a manager is available, lil bastard says it will be same thing. Dumb homedepot asshole if you dont know about it, dont talk with confidence, walk outside and you can see a shit load of camera, I skip to some supervising guy and give him the detail and everything and now a camera is available and they will call me, not that all of these will really matter. The fucker hit my car and i have to go through hell to possible repair it. I love my car you asshole i hope you die, for the 10 min i was in there you hit my car and ran away. Fuck you
Post edited July 18, 2014 by djranis
djranis: Some asshole hit my car in home depot parking lot and ran away, bastard broke my cars back middle glass part, which being my car old rare model will be impossible to replace. I got to home depot to ask if they have camera covering that area, some stupid bald chinese guy tell me there is no camera outside only inside, i tell him if a manager is available, lil bastard says it will be same thing. Dumb homedepot asshole if you dont know about it, dont talk with confidence, walk outside and you can see a shit load of camera, I skip to some supervising guy and give him the detail and everything and now a camera is available and they will call me, not that all of these will really matter. The fucker hit my car and i have to go through hell to possible repair it. I love my car you asshole i hope you die, for the 10 min i was in there you hit my car and ran away. Fuck you
Some people are total assholes. Being home depot parking lot - My guess would be on no insurance. Did you make a police report. (might not get you anywhere but a mark on your car fax - any police report will show an accident) What year make car do you have?
Post edited July 18, 2014 by Sage103082
ddickinson: I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It's never nice when someone is taken at such a young age, not that it's nice even when they're older, it's just more tragic when they had so much life ahead of them. I hope you find out soon what has happened to you friend to help ease your mind.

As far as me having something to bitch about: I don't really have anything worth mentioning. The only thing I can thing of is that I fell through the roof of a barn I'm repairing on my family's farm today and bruised some ribs, but it could have been worse.
Thank you for saying so, and for the PMs. I'm glad all you got out of falling through a roof were some bruised ribs and hope you mend soon.
Today doesn't seem to be a good day for anyone. I'm not a fan of hot weather - 32 degrees Celsius today and to top it off, my mood has been steadily declining all week. I hope I don't have to go back to the doctor's and ask for another increase in dosage. I want to be well enough to work and do stuff. I hate feeling this way.
Ragnarblackmane: Thank you for saying so, and for the PMs. I'm glad all you got out of falling through a roof were some bruised ribs and hope you mend soon.
Your very welcome, and thanks for the comment about my ribs. Luckily I landed on something relatively soft, apart form the pain from the bruising I've got some lovely red marks showing the outlines of my ribs, hopefully they will be gone in a few days.
Wow kind of an "unepic" bad day for everyone, so often the complaints here are far more trivial. i hope everyone has a far better weekend.

I have nothing worthy of complaint in light of deaths, injuries and destruction of property.
Getcomposted: Today doesn't seem to be a good day for anyone. I'm not a fan of hot weather - 32 degrees Celsius today and to top it off, my mood has been steadily declining all week. I hope I don't have to go back to the doctor's and ask for another increase in dosage. I want to be well enough to work and do stuff. I hate feeling this way.
Not that this could possibly compare to my friend's passing,but I have to take a morning off work to get my med's because even though my doctor won't authorize a refill without a visit, she's booked until after my current bottle is empty.