It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nine hours left until a deadline and I'm far away from being done. I think I'm gonna throw up.
Cyberevil: Almost daily I wish I owned THIS... the ultimate answer to slow drivers.
I'd be happy if it was legal to trade paint with them, NASCAR style, and put them into the wall. I think it is in Puerto Rico.
Getcomposted: They have no idea of London pedestrian etiquette. They stand on the wrong side of the Underground escalators, despite all the signs and arrows to stand on the left. Left for stationary riders, right for people walking up the escalator in a hurry.
You Brits are backwards in that department as well. Right is always right and left is just wrong.
I wish they walked on the wrong side of the hallway because they were tourists and were taught differently, but most of the people I encountered were other Americans....possibly tourists from another State, but still Americans that should know better.
Post edited July 09, 2014 by VABlitz
F4LL0UT: Nine hours left until a deadline and I'm far away from being done. I think I'm gonna throw up.
I know that feeling. What is it you had to do?
Soccorro: I know that feeling. What is it you had to do?
Still have to. And it's making audio for a short clip.
I'm also ranting bout the tourists. They drive down here to Florida to visit the land of beaches and sunshine, but they pay no attention to the road signs or signal lights or when or when not to turn. Here you can turn right on a red light and the sign says so, but they sit there waiting for a green. I wonder how they ever got here. They clutter up our roads and if the sign says you cannot drive slower than 50, they're just rubber-necking around driving slower than molasses in January...and in the wrong lane, of course. :P
marianne: I'm also ranting bout the tourists. They drive down here to Florida to visit the land of beaches and sunshine, but they pay no attention to the road signs or signal lights or when or when not to turn. Here you can turn right on a red light and the sign says so, but they sit there waiting for a green. I wonder how they ever got here. They clutter up our roads and if the sign says you cannot drive slower than 50, they're just rubber-necking around driving slower than molasses in January...and in the wrong lane, of course. :P
I'm an innkeeper in a resort town. Don't get me started on tourist. XD
marianne: I'm also ranting bout the tourists. They drive down here to Florida to visit the land of beaches and sunshine, but they pay no attention to the road signs or signal lights or when or when not to turn. Here you can turn right on a red light and the sign says so, but they sit there waiting for a green. I wonder how they ever got here. They clutter up our roads and if the sign says you cannot drive slower than 50, they're just rubber-necking around driving slower than molasses in January...and in the wrong lane, of course. :P
In NYC if there is no sign you can't turn right on red. They have it backwards from the rest of the country.

I hope you don't live down in the Keys. The driving down there is so very slow. There is the 7 Mile bridge between Marathon and Key West and they drive 45 on a 55MPH bridge that has no place for a cop to radar anyone. And usually it's some old dude with a humongous RV towing a large car...so seeing around him and passing safely is damn near impossible.
Questions I've been asked by tourist:

Do you cage the bears at night?

Have you ever seen whales out on the lake?

What time do the Northern Lights come on?
I don't live in the Keys, but have been there a few times and am very familiar with the Marathon bridge. *grooaaann*
I live on that lil peninsula finger on the west coast that sticks out into the Gulf of Mexico.

I know what you mean tinyE...ROFL, those were hysterical.
I've been asked if we can go into the water coz of all the many sharks. (The sharks are on the other coast (Atlantic).)
We have Dolphins in our waters and they ask if they can ride one.
I took relatives to the cemetery where my son is and they asked what we do about this when the cemeteries are under water. I need to inform them this isn't New Orleans. <_>
Oh, and they want to know if they can stand on the beach, cast their fishing line into the water and catch dinner. o_O
Or if they drive over that very high Skyway bridge, will the sea breezes blow them off. (gulp)
And, I had a relative say that since he thought it was ok to make a right turn on a red light, he assumed he could turn left on red. And that stupid cop gave him a ticket...hahaha
tinyE: Questions I've been asked by tourist:

Were they pointing at anyone in particular ?
In the silly question asked by customers category.
I work in a library.

"I'm looking for a book. It's blue." (And, yes, I really did get this question. Also, yes, I did find the book. :))
"How do you get to the second floor?" (Standing in front of the stairs and lift.)
"I have to do a paper on the changing fashions and trends of hairstyles in the 1900's. Will you write it for me?"
"The computer's not coming on." (It was on standby - all he had to do was move the mouse.)
In the address bar of IE, "Please take me to my bank account, thank you." (Loving the courtesy of please and thank you!)
"I remembered that my books were due, but I didn't phone, so will you please waive my fines." (On books late by three months and with over £50 of fines accumulated. Also, this happens a lot as if the intention is as good as the deed. "Oh, I thought about ending world hunger, so that crisis is over. *Phew* Where's my Nobel Prize?")
"Are you a bookshop?" (Really? You don't want to know the number of times people have asked that or wanted to buy a book - they're standing inside a big building with the word "Library" everywhere. Don't they know the meaning of the word?!)
"It's alright if I leave my three-year-old with you? I'm just going shopping for a few hours." (No, it's not alright to leave your children unattended in a library. We are not a nursery or a creche. We now call Child Services if we can't find a parent for young children as people also tend to drop their kids off at the library during any school holidays and then go to work. )
"Oh, really? I didn't know you had to do that." (When a toddler decided that the best thing for all the non-fiction books on the shelves would be to be on the floor so that she could make a huge pile and sit on them. The mother was Facebooking on the computer and ignoring what her daughter had done. When I stopped the child, she offered to help me put back the several hundred books, but immediately rescinded her offer when she discovered that you had to shelve them numerically according to category. Does she really think that we just memorize the position of every book?!)
"I need to know if there are any ghosts in the library."
"I don't need to join the library to take books and DVDs out, right?"
"Can I leave my luggage here?" (Also, actual supermarket shopping trollies, bin bags etc.)
"I want to pay my electricity bill." (No, we're not affiliated with any electricity, gas or water company. And, no, they didn't mean they wanted to use our computers to pay the bill online.)
Post edited July 10, 2014 by Getcomposted
Getcomposted: In the silly question asked by customers category.
I work in a library.
I have one: Are you allowed to read for pleasure when you are working? If so, I need to become a librarian.
VABlitz: I have one: Are you allowed to read for pleasure when you are working? If so, I need to become a librarian.
Some library authorities allow you to do so if you're on duty at a desk and have finished shelving etc. Unfortunately, the ones I work for don't. :(
But I am allowed to take out a *massive* amount of books, and I get the new releases pretty quickly. :)

Oh, and FYI, you're not actually allowed to call yourself a librarian unless you have a degree in Library and Information Studies. Otherwise, you're simply a Library Assistant. (I'm a library assistant. :))

Another one:
"Why isn't Facebook/ Yahoo/ Hotmail etc. working? Their site is down? So, do something about it!" (Yes, I have the phone numbers for Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg in my pocket - I'll get right on that for you.)
Post edited July 10, 2014 by Getcomposted
tinyE: Questions I've been asked by tourist:

Telika: Were they pointing at anyone in particular ?
I was too busy picking my jaw up off the ground to notice. Mind you these are just the 1st three questions that popped to mind, I get way worse ones all the time on top of all the A-typical tourist problems other posters have mentioned. I could make a thread about it, but this is a game forum :p and it's these same tourist that keep my pocket filled with money to buy games with.
Getcomposted: In the silly question asked by customers category.
I work in a library.

[snip-library annoyances.I especially found funny the one with the toddler :-)]
Talking about libraries, here's a site to cheer you up(in case you weren't aware of it already):

http://awfullibrarybooks.net/

It's about...awful library books(duh!). Mostly obsolete books, but also some downright weird stuff! It was made by two librarians and I find it quite amusing(although I'm not in the library business-I do like reading books, though). I even posted about it in the internet findings thread, but I doubt anyone noticed.

Anyways, that's it from me, I guess(I'm currently on holidays, so I don't have a whole lot of bitching to do !) :-)