It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

grimwerk: I'm not really complaining about the mess. It's my own brainlessness that bothers me.
Well one eighth of your brain seem to be stuck in your avatar. Where did you put the rest? ;-)
I am sooo PO'd. The supreme court ruled that corporations don't have to cover birth control costs in their health insurance plans for women, if it is against the corps religious beliefs. They say corps are a single entity like women are. Excuse me ???!!! So now we are mixing state rights with religious rights ? This is outrageous. Too much GD government control. We the ppl are losing our rights one by one. If our government doesn't like something in the Constitution, gov says TS and does what it wants. Damn, but I'm mad. :P
toxicTom: We were set for a nice PnP RPG session tonight. The first since several weeks. But I've caught a cold and have almost no voice. And I'm the DM. So it'll be a "chat night" - the others chatting and I drinking beer and listening. Not all bad but also not what I had hoped for.
Having a group available to play a PnP roleplay should have you posting in the "what made me happy today" thread! I haven't had a group like that in something like 15 years :(

marianne.495: I am sooo PO'd. The supreme court ruled that corporations don't have to cover birth control costs in their health insurance plans for women, if it is against the corps religious beliefs. They say corps are a single entity like women are. Excuse me ???!!! So now we are mixing state rights with religious rights ? This is outrageous. Too much GD government control. We the ppl are losing our rights one by one. If our government doesn't like something in the Constitution, gov says TS and does what it wants. Damn, but I'm mad. :P
Yes. Completely ridiculous AND stupid. I guess they don't realize how much a pregnancy costs in insurance? (Not to mention lost time for maternity leave, pediatrician visits etc?
What these justices don't realize, is how this opens a door for a HUGE shitstorm of other lost benefits... But luckily, they are on the public dole, so no worries for them personally.
Post edited July 04, 2014 by Cyberevil
toxicTom: We were set for a nice PnP RPG session tonight. The first since several weeks. But I've caught a cold and have almost no voice. And I'm the DM. So it'll be a "chat night" - the others chatting and I drinking beer and listening. Not all bad but also not what I had hoped for.
Cyberevil: Having a group available to play a PnP roleplay should have you posting in the "what made me happy today" thread! I haven't had a group like that in something like 15 years :(

marianne.495: I am sooo PO'd. The supreme court ruled that corporations don't have to cover birth control costs in their health insurance plans for women, if it is against the corps religious beliefs. They say corps are a single entity like women are. Excuse me ???!!! So now we are mixing state rights with religious rights ? This is outrageous. Too much GD government control. We the ppl are losing our rights one by one. If our government doesn't like something in the Constitution, gov says TS and does what it wants. Damn, but I'm mad. :P
Cyberevil: Yes. Completely ridiculous AND stupid. I guess they don't realize how much a pregnancy costs in insurance? (Not to mention lost time for maternity leave, pediatrician visits etc?
What these justices don't realize, is how this opens a door for a HUGE shitstorm of other lost benefits... But luckily, they are on the public dole, so no worries for them personally.
It's hard to believe those justices dont know what they're doing, i mean, they cant be THAT stupid...or can they !?! It's so frustrating, the bigger gov gets, the fewer our rights get. Down right scary.

Just corrected myself. i said benefits and meant rights.
Post edited July 04, 2014 by marianne.495
marianne.495: I am sooo PO'd. The supreme court ruled that corporations don't have to cover birth control costs in their health insurance plans for women, if it is against the corps religious beliefs.
While I don't agree with the religious aspect of that decision. I do not believe contraceptives should be included in health insurance plans. But there are a lot of things that I do not believe should be covered under health insurance...plastic surgeries for cosmetic reasons, abortions (for non health related issues), anything to do with drugs, smoking, alcohol, or overeating abuse, injuries due to extreme sports. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of stuff, but I just don't feel I as a tax payer should pay for someone that destroys their own body intentionally. As far as contraceptives and abortions (for non health related issues) this is a matter of something you choose to do, pay for the protection or be ready for the consequences.
marianne.495: I am sooo PO'd. The supreme court ruled that corporations don't have to cover birth control costs in their health insurance plans for women, if it is against the corps religious beliefs.
VABlitz: While I don't agree with the religious aspect of that decision. I do not believe contraceptives should be included in health insurance plans. But there are a lot of things that I do not believe should be covered under health insurance...plastic surgeries for cosmetic reasons, abortions (for non health related issues), anything to do with drugs, smoking, alcohol, or overeating abuse, injuries due to extreme sports. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of stuff, but I just don't feel I as a tax payer should pay for someone that destroys their own body intentionally. As far as contraceptives and abortions (for non health related issues) this is a matter of something you choose to do, pay for the protection or be ready for the consequences.
Abortions and injuries should be covered by Insurances. Accidents happen.
Cyberevil: Having a group available to play a PnP roleplay should have you posting in the "what made me happy today" thread! I haven't had a group like that in something like 15 years :(

Yes. Completely ridiculous AND stupid. I guess they don't realize how much a pregnancy costs in insurance? (Not to mention lost time for maternity leave, pediatrician visits etc?
marianne.495: It's hard to believe those justices dont know what they're doing, i mean, they cant be THAT stupid...or can they !?! It's so frustrating, the bigger gov gets, the fewer our rights get. Down right scary.

Just corrected myself. i said benefits and meant rights.
Maybe they think...more babies means more productive citizens in the future who will pay a lot of taxes but this is fantasy.
monkeydelarge: Maybe they think...more babies means more productive citizens in the future who will pay a lot of taxes but this is fantasy.
No religious people are under this absurd/insane notion that people will abstain from sex until they are ready to have children.
monkeydelarge: Maybe they think...more babies means more productive citizens in the future who will pay a lot of taxes but this is fantasy.
VABlitz: No religious people are under this absurd/insane notion that people will abstain from sex until they are ready to have children.
LOL. That is like expecting an angry monkey not to fling poo at someone...
Was reading about the political worldview, the 'frame' of the conservatives in the United States, as described by George Latoff in 'Don't think of an Elephant' and it literally made me feel physically sick: such an uncaring, distorted worldview. The bad thing is, that conservative worldview from the other side of the ocean has been spreading it's influence like a disease and with force for the last few decades, with IMF, the World Bank, the wars they started (like in Iraq). Sickening, really sickening.
DubConqueror: Was reading about the political worldview, the 'frame' of the conservatives in the United States
You think that's bad. Our liberals (Democrats) aren't any better. We have two choices in the voting booth: greedy bigots bought by corporations or greedy douchebags bought by corporations.
DubConqueror: Was reading about the political worldview, the 'frame' of the conservatives in the United States
VABlitz: You think that's bad. Our liberals (Democrats) aren't any better. We have two choices in the voting booth: greedy bigots bought by corporations or greedy douchebags bought by corporations.
You mean you didnt read option #3?

"Kidnap greedy bigots bought by corporations and greedy douchebags bought by corporations, dig large pit. Place aforementioned arsecakes into pit and force them to fight to the death with sharpened white dog turds. Winners will be executed."

- It's under the bill of rights in fine print i hear! ;)
Sachys: "Kidnap greedy bigots bought by corporations and greedy douchebags bought by corporations, dig large pit. Place aforementioned arsecakes into pit and force them to fight to the death with sharpened white dog turds. Winners will be executed."

wow all these years I have missed this choice. I will be checking my booth touch screen thingie extra carefully.
VABlitz: You think that's bad. Our liberals (Democrats) aren't any better. We have two choices in the voting booth: greedy bigots bought by corporations or greedy douchebags bought by corporations.
Sachys: You mean you didnt read option #3?

"Kidnap greedy bigots bought by corporations and greedy douchebags bought by corporations, dig large pit. Place aforementioned arsecakes into pit and force them to fight to the death with sharpened white dog turds. Winners will be executed."

No fecal bombardment from space? :( Are you going soft? :P
Post edited July 08, 2014 by monkeydelarge
Sachys: You mean you didnt read option #3?

monkeydelarge: No fecal bombardment from space? :( Are you going soft? :P
it wasnt available at the time of the bill... but if the american people truly need a hand out and can repay fifty trillion a year... yeah, I can help out AND arm your adversaries as well! ;)