It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

darthvader39560: Sorta reassuring. Oh well. I'm sure my geeky charm will win her over haha.
It went quite well I must say. She sorta came up with her usual smartass response. We're on good terms.
My hotel "rewards" credit card was changed from a Visa to MasterCard. Not sure why but they contacted me and said, "Hey - for your convenience we're going to change your card and card number, so instead of using the number that you have memorized and can recite backward and forward in your sleep, and that you already have setup for a ton of your business vendors, you now get to change all of that info online and try to get the old number out of your head in place of the new number. Have a nice day!"

Ugh.

But no biggie, really. I mean, you have to update the info anyway every three years when the expiration date changes.

But they've also reset my fraud alert crap so vendors I've been using for a while now are getting rejected until my new pattern is relearned. Wonderful - I now look like a bit of a flake to the people I rely on for parts. And even after I changed the primary contact number to my cell phone, the card company keeps leaving messages at the house. Uh, duh - my cell phone is with me so I can answer dumb calls like this and so the problem can be resolved right away. I updated my info so why are you still using the old number?

I do appreciate the fraud prevention stuff, but why in the world did they have to blank the usage pattern that I've built-up over the past 15 years?
real.geizterfahr: Crapstar anti-social bullshit club... I simply hate this monstrosity.
Thank you for making me feel better about my decision to avoid Rockstar after finding out that their DRM has more tiers than most wedding cakes. Pity about your experience, though.
edit - wrong thread. sorry.
Post edited June 12, 2014 by AdamR
Social Club... What a stupid, stupid, stupid thing...

I just wanted to post my newest experience with this... "something". I wanted to try to create an account on their website, instead of failing to enter my birthday in the game. It automatically displayed the site in my system language (German) and I filled out the form. After completing this, all I got was a "Bitte korrigieren Sie die Fehler" (please correct the errors), without telling me what the heck I did wrong. To copy&paste the proper English phrase, I switched the website to English and filled out the form again. With the exactly same data! You now what Social Club said? Choose your avatar. WTF??? Not "correct the errors" or something like that... Choose your avatar... That's it... I registered successfully at Rockstar Social Club. The "error" was to use the website in German - the language it chose for me. "German? Nah, we're still pissed because of the last two world wars, so GTFO!"

So... I'll try to start the game with this new account later today. Still can't sign in with my existing account (not even after switching to the English site *lol*). But that's probably because I've requested a password reset (19 hours ago, still no mail). If everything fails: GOG's version of Shadowrun Returns is already installed. No stupid DRM, no matter how much of a Rockstar it is, will hold me back from playing this game.
Post edited June 12, 2014 by real.geizterfahr
Got fired yesterday. Our company had cooperation negotiations and I was fired. Apparently there was no room for my capabilities in the new organization model...

Though I guess being depressed, working part-time and having sick leaves might account for it also. Feels great as a father of 3....
AkiMatti: Got fired yesterday. Our company had cooperation negotiations and I was fired. Apparently there was no room for my capabilities in the new organization model...

Though I guess being depressed, working part-time and having sick leaves might account for it also. Feels great as a father of 3....
Ow...
AkiMatti: Got fired yesterday. Our company had cooperation negotiations and I was fired. Apparently there was no room for my capabilities in the new organization model...

I'm so sorry, that's terrible! I think of my father's employment- he worked for the same company his entire adult life and it was the same for many of his peers, my uncles, etc. I can't even imagine that kind of situation these days, it's rarer than unicorns. I hope your next job turns out to kick this last one's ass in every respect.
I'm really beginning to hate Visual Studio. It's so frustration to to have the code working flawlessly on my dev machine, but after deploying it to the test server everything goes haywire. And why? Because the fucking thing managed to deploy some old versions of the files, sometimes from days ago. I don't even know where it took them from, they aren't on my machine anymore. And the deployment is set to clean everything up before uploading. *Grrr*
darthvader39560: Sorta reassuring. Oh well. I'm sure my geeky charm will win her over haha.
darthvader39560: It went quite well I must say. She sorta came up with her usual smartass response. We're on good terms.
Aahhh...glad to hear it. :-)
Lost my interest in PC games . I will start to buy books and audiobooks again .
ne_zavarj: Lost my interest in PC games . I will start to buy books and audiobooks again .
Nooooooo!
ne_zavarj: Lost my interest in PC games . I will start to buy books and audiobooks again .
HOLY SH*T! You sound confused, please reconsider that decision!
got to have good monitor or you will hurt your eyes with the pdf's though <.<
iippo: got to have good monitor or you will hurt your eyes with the pdf's though <.<
I would never buy any Ebook crap .
Post edited June 12, 2014 by ne_zavarj