It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

justanoldgamer: My dad and his bike rose in the air and fell back on the side he was hit. The other biker is fine but my dad has a broken clavicle. The doctor says he'll be in pain for about 3 weeks and since the break is near an extremity it might not heal and might require surgery.
Shit. I guess it could have been far worse, though. I hope he'll be well soon.
Post edited June 03, 2014 by F4LL0UT
I just heard that Anne B. Davis died today. That house had 2 adults, 6 kids, and only 3 bedrooms so where she slept is beyond me but regardless, she will be missed.
Good lord. Woke 1am then 2am then 3am. Got up showered. Ate some breakfast. Left house 5.30am .At work by 7.30am. Left work 4pm. Cought several connecting trains and walking. Got home in 2 hours. AND..getting home at 6pm... quick dinner.. then hop into bed at 8pm (need to wake 3am next morning.....****ing hell).
tinyE: I just heard that Anne B. Davis died today. That house had 2 adults, 6 kids, and only 3 bedrooms so where she slept is beyond me but regardless, she will be missed.
Suddenly feeling old, as it was not necessary to duckduckgo that name.

(For the record, I think she was sneaking out every night to shack up with Sam)

----------

Some bitching, some praising and thanking my lucky stars...

My volume of work ebbs and flows, and right now it's definitely on a flow. Seems that everyone called in a span of one week, wanting on-site service, when before I was sitting at home the previous three weeks. Of course, the weather got really nice so that explains the timing... On the upside, I've managed to schedule the visits in geographical groups that will help keep the driving down a bit. Still looking at 1,500 - 2,500 miles over the next two weeks, though.

Anyway, was busy last week and returned home around 8pm. Had a backlog of stuff to do before the next trip (I leave in an hour), including building from scratch some parts for a fairly big order. Spent all day Saturday and a few hours Sunday working on parts, and then the rest of Sunday catching up on paperwork, emails, invoicing, packing for the next trip, etc. being our 23rd anniversary, my wife was hoping to go to the air show Saturday and then hit a nice place for dinner. Instead, she was helping me work on parts, without complaint, without being asked. Not exactly the way to celebrate all that time together, though - as odd as it sounds - we actually had a decent time working on that stuff together.

Gotta come up with something nice for her. Maybe an overnight trip somewhere. Would love to go down to Road America and catch one of the vintage racing events. Going to miss the classic motorcycle event this weekend, but I'd really like to take her to the big historic car event in mid-July. Been meaning to do that since we moved up here ten years ago, but something always gets in the way.
Niggles: Good lord. Woke 1am then 2am then 3am. Got up showered. Ate some breakfast. Left house 5.30am .At work by 7.30am. Left work 4pm. Cought several connecting trains and walking. Got home in 2 hours. AND..getting home at 6pm... quick dinner.. then hop into bed at 8pm (need to wake 3am next morning.....****ing hell).
You have way too much free time!
I'll receive my money too late! i won't be able to buy anything from the promo! I WANT TO ROLL UP IN MY TEDDYBEAR-BLANKET AND CRY!
Distance. Powerlessness. Unavoidable torment. Awful things happening to good people. Inability to help those you love.
I was just hit in the face by a flying faucet. I went to the bathroom, just minding my own business, I turned on the water and suddenly BOOM.
F4LL0UT: I was just hit in the face by a flying faucet. I went to the bathroom, just minding my own business, I turned on the water and suddenly BOOM.
Ouch! Wtf! Do you have pre-WW plumbery at your place? I hope you don't have a lot of water damage now.
F4LL0UT: I was just hit in the face by a flying faucet. I went to the bathroom, just minding my own business, I turned on the water and suddenly BOOM.
Fucking flouride in the water! I told you! I told everyone! But do they listen? NO OF COURSE NOT! "Oh it's just a harmless chemical tinyE, don't be so paranoid!" HA! Well I guess the foots on the other hand now isn't it!
toxicTom: Ouch! Wtf! Do you have pre-WW plumbery at your place? I hope you don't have a lot of water damage now.
More like post-war communist plumbery. I don't know how old the faucet is but I presume that it's been here for a few decades. Anyway, there's been some people working on the water stuff in the building today - actually it sounds like they are still there. Anyway, eventually I grew impatient and wanted to check whether the water is running again. I mean, what could be the harm? They turned the water off earlier in the morning and would only restore it once they're done, right? So first I turned on the cold water - okay, it's coming in slight bursts but it looks clean. Then I turned on the hot water and BOOM.
F4LL0UT: More like post-war communist plumbery. I don't know how old the faucet is but I presume that it's been here for a few decades. Anyway, there's been some people working on the water stuff in the building today - actually it sounds like they are still there. Anyway, eventually I grew impatient and wanted to check whether the water is running again. I mean, what could be the harm? They turned the water off earlier in the morning and would only restore it once they're done, right? So first I turned on the cold water - okay, it's coming in slight bursts but it looks clean. Then I turned on the hot water and BOOM.
Where is the heating done? I guess there was only a bit of water in the heater/pipe and that was overheated to steam (now you know why it's bad! ;-)) with a lot of pressure.
Post edited June 03, 2014 by toxicTom
tinyE: Fucking flouride in the water! I told you! I told everyone! But do they listen? NO OF COURSE NOT! "Oh it's just a harmless chemical tinyE, don't be so paranoid!" HA! Well I guess the foots on the other hand now isn't it!
Now that you mention it, that's gotta be it! In Germany, where nothing like that has ever happened to me, water fluoridation seems to be almost inexistent. However, it's more widespread here. It's so obvious now!
toxicTom: Where is the heating done? I guess there was only a bit of water in the heater/pipe and that was overheated to steam (now you know why it's bad! ;-)) with a lot of pressure.
Considering that the apartments don't have their own heaters I presume that it's done in the basement. And I knew it! The plumbers were probably smoking again while working on the pipes, heating them up to ridiculous levels! It also explains the yellow water, it's nicotine!
Post edited June 03, 2014 by F4LL0UT
F4LL0UT: It also explains the yellow water, it's nicotine!
Yellow? Well they also could have been drinking. A lot of beer - you know how that ends.
toxicTom: Yellow? Well they also could have been drinking. A lot of beer - you know how that ends.
Good suggestion but considering that this is Poland I'd rather expect them to drink vodka.