It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

henchwench82: One thing though, I don't really agree with blaming poor behavior on hormones, PMS and so on (if it's not that, it's "the change.") I know you weren't blaming it always on that, but some people (of both sexes) do act like PMS is some Get Out Of Jail Free card and since this is the "bitch about life" thread, I will bitch about it ;) Acting like an asshat is acting like an asshat. Yeah, some things may make you more prone to acting like one on any given day, but carving a week out of every month to not have to control your inner asshattery because, "oh, my uterus!" isn't right, in my opinion. If the average man can avoid beating his wife when he's had a bad day at work, the average woman can restrain herself from mindfucking with her husband because she's got the cramps (unless it's consensual, ha). And if she truly can't restrain herself, there's medical treatment for that, it's in no way "normal" to be rendered an out of control psycho for the entirety of one's childbearing years.
Well as my wife described it - there are two people (at least) inside of her. The "loving wife" that usually shows and the bitch that would do anything just to show me. Minfucking, blaming, recounting my errors from 10 years ago - you name it. And when she's in her "special days" (even more - one or two days before) - that "evil half" is just stronger and more prone to get the upper hand. I can understand this in a way. When I'm in a foul mood I can be very mean. I would never beat my wife (and never did). But words can hurt too - and my nickname has a history connected to this. Not that I'm proud of it in any way.
Post edited May 31, 2014 by toxicTom
toxicTom: Ah, the joys of marriage...

Well I tend to agree that most women have that in themselves (not: are like that). I know fights like this, actually had one about a week ago with my beloved. Usually there's PMS to blame, but sometimes there are other (often to me incomprehendable) reasons. My strategy usually is dropping that topic and waiting for the smoke to clear and come back to the issue at a later and hopefully better time.
henchwench82: Well, she's not my wife, thank God, so I don't think this is marriage specific. ^_^

I've seen this kind of behavior before, and I recognize it for what it is- I just don't understand it. Why even be talking about something you don't want to actually talk about? Why talk AROUND anything in the first place? What kind of incomprehensible reason could possibly be behind this? (I guess it doesn't matter if no one could understand it anyway!)

One thing though, I don't really agree with blaming poor behavior on hormones, PMS and so on (if it's not that, it's "the change.") I know you weren't blaming it always on that, but some people (of both sexes) do act like PMS is some Get Out Of Jail Free card and since this is the "bitch about life" thread, I will bitch about it ;) Acting like an asshat is acting like an asshat. Yeah, some things may make you more prone to acting like one on any given day, but carving a week out of every month to not have to control your inner asshattery because, "oh, my uterus!" isn't right, in my opinion. If the average man can avoid beating his wife when he's had a bad day at work, the average woman can restrain herself from mindfucking with her husband because she's got the cramps (unless it's consensual, ha). And if she truly can't restrain herself, there's medical treatment for that, it's in no way "normal" to be rendered an out of control psycho for the entirety of one's childbearing years.

Anyway. To everyone who voted "life is too short," I agree completely.
I agree with you. Just because someone is in pain(even extreme pain) or feeling like this or that, he or she doesn't have a pass to treat other people like crap. Sometimes, people can't help it. I understand. You feel bad and the rage just comes out. But then they should at least make up for their shitty behavior with at least an apology. Expecting people to put up with your shit because of this reason or that reason is being way too entitled. Of course, if you think someone deserves to be treated like crap, you shouldn't hold back...
Post edited May 31, 2014 by monkeydelarge
Ok so my Bitch for today is I have a "friend" that called and wanted to "Watch movies" (this is kind of an accepted code that there will be VERY little movie watching in this "relationship"

Well i was tired from a long day, but hey! I'm no idiot, so I get myself together and drive over.

...And she actually wanted to watch movies and just hang out.

So I go ahead and do that, no pressure, I can make up for it next time. I wake up this morning and I have a damned flat tire on my car.... just for some extra annoyance.

...I know, sounds trivial compared to REAL complaints, but I'm grumpy.
Cyberevil: Ok so my Bitch for today is I have a "friend" that called and wanted to "Watch movies" (this is kind of an accepted code that there will be VERY little movie watching in this "relationship"

Well i was tired from a long day, but hey! I'm no idiot, so I get myself together and drive over.

So I go ahead and do that, no pressure, I can make up for it next time. I wake up this morning and I have a damned flat tire on my car.... just for some extra annoyance.

you must be deep inside the friendzone.
Cyberevil: Ok so my Bitch for today is I have a "friend" that called and wanted to "Watch movies" (this is kind of an accepted code that there will be VERY little movie watching in this "relationship"

Soccorro: you must be deep inside the friendzone.
not at all, she's just flaky! She's usually quite the entertainer, but you just never know.

The tire on the other hand stands to be a bigger deal if I can't find somewhere open to fix it tomorrow, it's a pretty bad leak.
HHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH

It

The

Becau

Telika: HHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH

It

The

Becau

Ok, I see.
Over the past two days, I spent way more money than was intended at a local, three-day annual carnival. It does help support a local hospital which is fine but things were way more expensive than I thought they would be.

I remember attending the carnival three years back and winning a brand new HDTV from the raffle but this year the raffle was completely lame since there was only one prize which was a set of family-oriented bicycles. I did enter in the raffle to win a motorcycle in hopes of selling it if I win and I did win a couple of coupons from some spin contest. I almost won some contest firing an air machine gun but there was still some orange left on the target. Too bad cause I could have won an electric guitar and blew over $20 on that game.

Overall, the carnival was nice but I spent way too much money and the food didn't seem as good as last time.
This is the fifth day without smoking .
Telika: HHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH

It

The

Becau

Soccorro: Ok, I see.
tl;dr : argh.
Soccorro: Ok, I see.
Telika: tl;dr : argh.
mhm yes, yes, go on.
ne_zavarj: This is the fifth day without smoking .
that's awesome though... keep at it, not easy but so worth it.

here is a friend of yours, you two should have mutual understanding
Attachments:
grumphy.jpg (16 Kb)

djranis: here is a friend of yours, you two should have mutual understanding
I just knew I'd seen that cat before.
Attachments:
kittyemp.jpg (58 Kb)
My father was in a bike accident today. Another biker blew his red light and crashed into him. The biker had a full biker outfit and was probably going very fast: My dad and his bike rose in the air and fell back on the side he was hit. The other biker is fine but my dad has a broken clavicle. The doctor says he'll be in pain for about 3 weeks and since the break is near an extremity it might not heal and might require surgery.