It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ankhs are so stupid ; I hate them. Mummy, you ain't immortal, you dead.
Post edited May 04, 2014 by crushilista
crushilista: Ankhs are so stupid ; I hate them. Mummy, you ain't immortal, you dead.
Yeah but they look cool.
Kalliste: Today I was at the library getting some info updated and the librarian asked me if I was using the library for school (it's attached to a college) and I was like uh.. no, I'm 30. But it did improve the day a bit.

Recently I bought a new place, as with Niggles I used to live basically on top of local shops and restaurants, now it's a 30min walk. It's taking quite a while to get used to the differences to the point that I'm missing my old, noisy, small apartment.
Its a pain to move and get used to a new place isn't it?. for me getting used to seeing the family I'm living with on daily basis is kinda.stressful in a way since I'm more used to keeping to myself (sharing kitchen and bathroom facilities now)...but its something I'll get used to at some point. the lack of convenience is actually a positive for me...more exercise from walking and distance from junk food places dissuade me from eating crap all time and force me to cook and eat healthier lol.
Kalliste: Today I was at the library getting some info updated and the librarian asked me if I was using the library for school (it's attached to a college) and I was like uh.. no, I'm 30. But it did improve the day a bit.

Recently I bought a new place, as with Niggles I used to live basically on top of local shops and restaurants, now it's a 30min walk. It's taking quite a while to get used to the differences to the point that I'm missing my old, noisy, small apartment.
Niggles: Its a pain to move and get used to a new place isn't it?. for me getting used to seeing the family I'm living with on daily basis is kinda.stressful in a way since I'm more used to keeping to myself (sharing kitchen and bathroom facilities now)...but its something I'll get used to at some point. the lack of convenience is actually a positive for me...more exercise from walking and distance from junk food places dissuade me from eating crap all time and force me to cook and eat healthier lol.
I know that feeling. I moved in with my Mum for a while a year or so ago to pay off debt and save some money.. going from living alone in a fairly convenient location to living with my Mum in a less convenient location (and no, she didn't cook for me) was fairly stressful. I hope you get used to the shared living situation :)

And you're right about the lack of convenience. I went out for the first time since moving yesterday, so it's a lot cheaper and healthier than living close to everything.
Hardly depressed anymore lately, but feeling very anxious. Not scared of something in particular, but my mind and body are 'on edge' most of the time. Definitely need to talk with my practitioner about it (now I needed the word I looked it up and know what it means) when I see her in three weeks for the treatment plan. Although that's more of a time to talk of the long-term plan than about the current complaints.
I'm feeling lonely.

Without wanting to go in to my medical history, I do suffer from "mental illness"....I've put that as it covers a variety of issues but it feels vague enough for me to be comfortable.

I have a family but my role involves being strong and reliable. I have a psychotherapy contact but I only see her once every 3 months and the health centre is overstretched so that's not an option. I have friends but they tiptoe around me and I know they're uncomfortable with any mention of my "condition". I can't, just can't, go anywhere near organised groups where people share their problems......even then I would feel like a drag and anyway, I know I wouldn't be able to communicate effectively......

So that's me. I have all the things that should make me happy but am on a downer.....and that's why I feel lonely.

p.s. my dog was sitting at my feet while I was typing this then before the end of the post he got up and walked off. Ok, it is late and he did go to his bed but the bastard could have been a bit more tactful :)
uuuuggggh... I need to buy some hookah coals.. Well I hope they don't mind nickles and pennies..

edit: found some behind some books!

Edit2: some stale coals crumbles easy..when I put my lighter to it started sparking crazy screamed like a girl for a minute or too.. like hot potato with my left and right hand.
Post edited May 06, 2014 by Tiefood
Tiefood: uuuuggggh... I need to buy some hookah coals.. Well I hope they don't mind nickles and pennies..

Edit2: some stale coals crumbles easy..when I put my lighter to it started sparking crazy screamed like a girl for a minute or too.. like hot potato with my left and right hand.
For some reason this makes me think you're in Idaho
Tiefood: uuuuggggh... I need to buy some hookah coals.. Well I hope they don't mind nickles and pennies..

Sachys: For some reason this makes me think you're in Idaho
Captain Kirk is from Idaho.
The 'post interesting links' thread had become the 'post every cheezburger page oh look there is a new one' thread, and the 'music association' thread has become the 'name all the songs that have a word from my post and then select a word from the three million ones that my post contains' thread and I am a grouchy person.
Sachys: For some reason this makes me think you're in Idaho
monkeydelarge: Captain Kirk is from Idaho.
*ahem* Iowa
monkeydelarge: Captain Kirk is from Idaho.
tinyE: *ahem* Iowa
OOPS. I meant Captain Kirk's uncle's farm is in Idaho.
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Idaho
tinyE: *ahem* Iowa
monkeydelarge: OOPS. I meant Captain Kirk's uncle's farm is in Idaho.
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Idaho
You know where his uncle is from!? Who are you, Gene Roddenberry!? :P
took a day off for tomorrow, because of my 7th!!! driving test attempt, wish me luck!
Credit card company decided - for my <insert air quotes> convenience, I guess - to change the card number. Uuhhh, that's not really convenient at all. Just looking at the last couple statements and I see several places I need to contact to change the billing info; sure hope I can remember the login info for all of those places. Gonna take a while to memorize the new number so that oughta make for some "fun" transactions until I get the old number out of my head.

At the same time, our personal email account decided to stop sending email; receives fine but no send. Two different PCs, two different mail programs. Webmail sorta works except that the mails get wiped from the server once read, even though I set the options in both Opera and Thunderbird to keep the emails on the server. Tried using the ISPs help form after going through all of their online troubleshooting steps and they give me a generic "go to this page and try the things listed there" reply. Thanks. If you READ my trouble ticket you'd see I did all that shit, and then some. And since you replied via email and I stupidly checked it using Opera, I now can't view and reply to your message using webmail - since it got yanked from the server.

Screw it. Gonna finally put some use to the personal website we're paying for that sits empty (2-for-1 deal with my business site) and create some addresses there. Fortunately those emails DO stay on the server until I trash 'em.

Ever wonder why modern-day conveniences really aren't?

Soccorro: took a day off for tomorrow, because of my 7th!!! driving test attempt, wish me luck!
Good luck!

Amateur-tip: don't play either Carmageddon game the night before your test.
Post edited May 07, 2014 by HereForTheBeer