It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fenixp: You should be able to enable in-game downloading somewhere in the settings. Worst case scenario, after launching the game, just re-enable download either by alt+tabbing out of the game or by shift+tabbing into the Steam interface if you have it enabled. It's disabled by default because people are apparently too thick to pause downloads when playing online games and then bitch about performance
I'll forgive their insolence this time, but next time they ought to ask me if I would like to download the game in the background. I could understand stopping the download for online games, but I'm playing single player. I was able to find and check the box for allowing downloads during gameplay.
jjsimp: How can people defend this Steaming pile of a crap interface.
There are some obviously....
Of course I didn't get assigned to the task I wanted (integrating a system to check our code submits for open source code patterns), I mean, I didn't really push for it, and I already have a very high-level and consumer visible task for this year.

What irks me though is that it was assigned to a person who knows next to nothing about our code versioning system and flow.

I guess I'm just a bit bitter, as this would've been a really fun task.
My tooth hurts, and has been for the last few days. wouldn't wish this on anyone. I have a wisdom tooth that is flaring up, which happens about once every/every other year (long enough that I forget that I have them... until this) and I've been popping painkillers like they are candy. In the past, these flare ups would last one week up to two, sometimes three.
1322: My tooth hurts, and has been for the last few days. wouldn't wish this on anyone. I have a wisdom tooth that is flaring up, which happens about once every/every other year (long enough that I forget that I have them... until this) and I've been popping painkillers like they are candy. In the past, these flare ups would last one week up to two, sometimes three.
Know exactly how that is.
1322: My tooth hurts, and has been for the last few days. wouldn't wish this on anyone. I have a wisdom tooth that is flaring up, which happens about once every/every other year (long enough that I forget that I have them... until this) and I've been popping painkillers like they are candy. In the past, these flare ups would last one week up to two, sometimes three.
I just experienced this some weeks ago. It sucked. I didn't have any real painkillers. Just the shit you can buy at stores,
Post edited January 25, 2014 by monkeydelarge
Just woke up and its -18 outside.

You have got to be shitting me! :O
1322: I have a wisdom tooth
I no longer have any of mine, and thank Christ for that. The dentist can keep them for all the fucks that I give, so long as I don't have to tolerate the severe discomfort and occasional pain that they gave me. Seriously, get rid of them if you are in a position to do so.
tinyE: Just woke up and its -18 outside.

Wasn't it colder up there a few weeks back? When I was working up in Duluth over the first weekend of 2014 a couple of the high temps were -20 or so, -30 overnight. Of course, there comes a point where the number doesn't matter - it's just stinkin' cold!

Though in typical upper Midwest fashion, the wife and I saw a guy in the grocery store yesterday wearing shorts.

Bundled up this morning to shovel the drifts from the high winds the last couple days. Took care of our place and four of the neighbors - no sense spending ten minutes to dress for just 15 minutes of shoveling. That wind was still kicking sporadically; musta been -30 wind chill in gusts.
Post edited January 27, 2014 by HereForTheBeer
tinyE: Just woke up and its -18 outside.

HereForTheBeer: Wasn't it colder up there a few weeks back? When I was working up in Duluth over the first weekend of 2014 a couple of the high temps were -20 or so, -30 overnight. Of course, there comes a point where the number doesn't matter - it's just stinkin' cold!

Though in typical upper Midwest fashion, the wife and I saw a guy in the grocery store yesterday wearing shorts.

Bundled up this morning to shovel the drifts from the high winds the last couple days. Took care of our place and four of the neighbors - no sense spending ten minutes to dress for just 15 minutes of shoveling. That wind was still kicking sporadically; musta been -30 wind chill in gusts.
If it was -20 in Duluth it was probably 0 here. It's odd (and maybe has something to do with position on the lake) but it's always 20 or so lower in Duluth regardless of time of year. In that respect I guess I'm really lucky.

Of course we're at 220 inches of snow as of midnight; I'd like to see Duluth compete with that. :D
HereForTheBeer: Wasn't it colder up there a few weeks back? When I was working up in Duluth over the first weekend of 2014 a couple of the high temps were -20 or so, -30 overnight. Of course, there comes a point where the number doesn't matter - it's just stinkin' cold!

tinyE: If it was -20 in Duluth it was probably 0 here. It's odd (and maybe has something to do with position on the lake) but it's always 20 or so lower in Duluth regardless of time of year. In that respect I guess I'm really lucky.

Of course we're at 220 inches of snow as of midnight; I'd like to see Duluth compete with that. :D
So what you're saying is that I should be ecstatic that I'm not in Duluth NOW. I'm afraid to lookup the temps up there.
I hate having a body, yeah if we were already talking about that sort of things..,having toothache... I have had a laser treatment at my nose and feel like my head is overheating and about to burst, can't breath deeply anymore and feel like a needle is introduced from my nose right into my brain.
so why is ones astral body, if there hopefully is one, captured in pain ridden flesh.
okay that's a bit melodramatic but I had to let off some anger. This is when only slaughtering in Diablo or Path of Exile is within the realms of possibility and relief o.o
tinyE: If it was -20 in Duluth it was probably 0 here. It's odd (and maybe has something to do with position on the lake) but it's always 20 or so lower in Duluth regardless of time of year. In that respect I guess I'm really lucky.

HereForTheBeer: So what you're saying is that I should be ecstatic that I'm not in Duluth NOW. I'm afraid to lookup the temps up there.
You should always be ecstatic you aren't in Duluth. After you visit Bob Dylan's home and his museum (which is seriously worth it) there is NOTHING to do there! It's pretty much just an ore dock with a mayor.
Post edited January 27, 2014 by tinyE
HereForTheBeer: So what you're saying is that I should be ecstatic that I'm not in Duluth NOW. I'm afraid to lookup the temps up there.
tinyE: You should always be ecstatic you aren't in Duluth. After you visit Bob Dylan's home and his museum (which is seriously worth it) there is NOTHING to do there! It's pretty much just an ore dock with a mayor.
Ya know, I never seem to get up there when the weather is nice. More specifically, for those three hours a year when the weather is nice. And it's always "get there, get the job done, get home". However, the drive between here (SW WI) and there is positively beautiful for most of the route so I don't mind the trip one bit.
Zeeaire: I hate having a body, yeah if we were already talking about that sort of things..,having toothache... I have had a laser treatment at my nose and feel like my head is overheating and about to burst, can't breath deeply anymore and feel like a needle is introduced from my nose right into my brain.
so why is ones astral body, if there hopefully is one, captured in pain ridden flesh.
okay that's a bit melodramatic but I had to let off some anger. This is when only slaughtering in Diablo or Path of Exile is within the realms of possibility and relief o.o
I also hate having a body. So weak, so flawed... We need to figure out a way to transfer minds and souls to robots. Then we can be immortal, as flawless machines and conquer the galaxy.
Post edited January 28, 2014 by monkeydelarge