It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Darthprymus: Bleh.
DubConqueror: Well, you're living quite far away but I cried a few tears for ya how sad life can go. I guess I'm a bit oversensitive in that, I don't even know ya, but I've heard lots of stories of peoples in the US losing their homes and hope for you, you will find a way out and wish you all the best.

P.S.: tanking health, is that mentally or physically?
I do appreciate that Dub, Its getting more and more common and it's not even like we haven't been paying it's just having a fixed income and the banks constantly upping the amount needed.

They wouldn't even refinance or anything because there is too much equity still and they would just rather foreclose.

Well my mental health has always been a bit iffy ( depression and some level of bi polar along with social anxiety and who knows what else) Lately i have had eye issues and back issues as well as heart and lung issues.

Thanks for letting me know someone is out there hoping things will work out.
BlueMooner: I just learned that YouTube's new comment format from Google+ is deleting tons of comments. I've noticed that some of my comments disappeared, or weren't being rated or responded to, and I've now learned that's not an accident, nor were they deleted by the vid host.

Instead, if you have key words, google deletes them. If you post too often, google deletes them. If it's too old, google deletes them. The bullshit thing is, the posts will usually still show up for you and it will look like it was posted, but only you can see them, so google tricks you into thinking everything's fine. That's why nobody has been responding to any of the numerous posts I've written, some involving large amounts of time researching and writing. How fun when I spend half an hour on a comment, only for google to delete it... because.

Just another reason why I'm liking google less and less.
I dont hate google.Its just very very annoying now - ie youtube used to be fantastic. But started to go down the toilet and now with the changes including ones u indicated...its becoming less appealing.
Only problem is, there is no real viable alternative atm (everyone else is a bit too small ....).
Isnt the comment thing a bit of censorship?
I was complaining about how tired I was yesterday, but my birthday party was very gezellig, an untranslatable Dutch word implying being together, entertaining talks, feeling comfortable with families and friends. It generated some feel-good hormones that lifted the weariness my body felt during the day. Had fun and I'm glad I have such good friends, family and colleagues, with whom I can both make jokes, talk about light stuff and talk about how we could make this world a more just place. I'm proud of them.
Niggles: I dont hate google.Its just very very annoying now - Isnt the comment thing a bit of censorship?
Google's been getting worse and worse. Their invasions of privacy for marketing, their mandatory sign-up, them not giving back my previous YT acct, the horrible nature of their new YT comment system, and now deleting posts... No, I'm not happy with google at all.

And now on top of that, along with lots of unhappiness and problems in my life, DubConqueror comes into a complaint thread to tell us how wonderfully awesome his/her life is. Raaaaahhhhh!!!! *shakes fist at DC*

: P
On further investigation, it seems I'm considered a spammer by google's youtube autocensors. NONE of my posts are appearing, I'm not able to rate anybody's posts, nor anybody's videos. I'm essentially banned from doing anything but watch videos, and there's no way to contact anyone to complain. REALLY disliking google.
Someone rename the thread to "bitch about anything " thread... so much negative crap i want to whine on about but i cant...
Niggles: Someone rename the thread to "bitch about anything " thread... so much negative crap i want to whine on about but i cant...
I believe this thread has already turned into the bitch about anything thread. So feel free to unleash the negativity.
I hate my fucking life.
Was in the middle of polishing my thesis. Got a Blue Screen that threw me off my pace entirely and pretty much ruined my concentration. Finished the thing but couldn't print it out: my wireless printer doesn't play ball with me and I haven't bothered to fix it, so I use a USB extension cord to plug it in... A USB extension cord that I spent about half an hour looking for. Got to university half an hour after the doors were locked (thought they were going to be open for another hour, but apparently not). Spilled the bike lightly on the way home. Fucking hell it's been a bad couple of hours.
Trying to do a Walter Mitty is so much harder than Hollywood portrays it...
Would really like to find reliable free software to play Blu-ray disks on the laptop. "Simple: copy it to your hard drive and then decode it, then unrip it, then re-encode it, then encrypt it, then deunencrypt it, then reinstall Windows... and VOILA! You're done!"

Was hoping to use the player on the laptop to watch Blu-Ray on our old widescreen HD CRT TV. I get the hard part working: HDMI -> DVI-I on a 10-year old CRT TV. When it comes to the seemingly easy part - actually playing the disk - I find myself stymied without jumping through crazy-stupid hoops.

Another big "screw you" to DRM, that requires one to buy software that costs more than a hardware player costs.
viperfdl: I hate my fucking life.
Look at the bright side though. You live in Germany. One of the most advanced countries in the world. If I could live there again, I'd be very happy. I know there is more to life than location so please don't think I'm saying you should love your life. I'm just saying, look at the parts of you life that are good. Imagine, a pizza and half of it is burnt. There is still the other half, right?
Post edited January 14, 2014 by monkeydelarge
What happened?
monkeydelarge: Look at the bright side though. You live in Germany. One of the most advanced countries in the world. If I could live there again, I'd be very happy. I know there is more to life than location so please don't think I'm saying you should love your life. I'm just saying, look at the parts of you life that are good. Imagine, a pizza and half of it is burnt. There is still the other half, right?
Certainly, the glass is still half full. :)

F4LL0UT: What happened?
Just the typical problems that other people also have to fight with. Sorry but nothing I want to talk about in an open forum with people I don't really know.
:)

Edit:
But thanks to both of you for the interest in my misery.
Post edited January 14, 2014 by viperfdl
HereForTheBeer: Would really like to find reliable free software to play Blu-ray disks on the laptop.

Another big "screw you" to DRM, that requires one to buy software that costs more than a hardware player costs.
I just rip it with DVDFab and then convert with Handbrake, or MakeMKV if I don't care about hard drive space. But yeah a software player should be free, we already paid the money for a bluray drive on the computer. The MIAA are turning a lot of their customers into bloody pirates.
Post edited January 14, 2014 by jjsimp