It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CrowTRobo: More snow and freezing temps, yay! Got about 4-5 inches of snow overnight and the high today will be 19F/-7C.

This might sound bad, but I called out from work even though I live just a couple blocks from my office. It has been so slow this week, it just was not worth the hassle.
I didn't get any of the snowy goodness, just rainy and windy. If we get over an inch here the town shuts down and I get a free day off. Looks like we may get it tonight or tomorrow...which sucks as it ruins the weekend and I get no time off of work.
HAHAHAHA
155 inches as of this morning. You people don't know snow!
tinyE: HAHAHAHA
Send some of that over please. Its been 30C+ and humid the last few days :/
So, at what point do you have to go shovel the roof.
jjsimp: So, at what point do you have to go shovel the roof.
As soon as we find it.
IShoot4lolz: Why are there such things as "Atheist Churches"? That may be the most abominable thing I've ever heard of. Atheism is the belief of, well, not having a belief. While, at churches, you practice your beliefs. I blame hipsters. I'm Atheist and I frown upon this.
Well, it's really no different than a church; it's still a belief in something - that there is nothing other than us. Everyone has beliefs; it's just a question of what. If a bunch of atheists want to get together and hang out, why not? Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to be late for my weekly Angry Unicorn Living on the Dark Side of the Moon meeting.
jjsimp: I really hate this Credit Card Fraud Prevention BS that my credit card does. Don't block my damn card until I decide it's fraud. Who in their right mind doesn't keep an eye on their credit card statements? I usually look at least once a week. I can kind of understand if it is looks like a spending spree, but four under $10 purchases from GOG and that gets flagged. Silly and annoying.
monkeydelarge: Now that I think some more about it, I agree that it's silly and annoying. I can understand if suddenly $500 was spent but four under $10 purchases? Who would steal less than $40 from a credit card? LOL
That's one way the CC thieves test a stolen card - by seeing if small purchases go through. The gas station is a popular choice because you swipe it yourself. If it doesn't go through then you're out of there before anyone has a chance to question you.

My provider doesn't blink any longer at travel expenses on my account so I'm boned if someone tries to use it to go to Tahiti or something like that. ; )
IShoot4lolz: Why are there such things as "Atheist Churches"? That may be the most abominable thing I've ever heard of. Atheism is the belief of, well, not having a belief. While, at churches, you practice your beliefs. I blame hipsters. I'm Atheist and I frown upon this.
DieRuhe: Well, it's really no different than a church; it's still a belief in something - that there is nothing other than us. Everyone has beliefs; it's just a question of what. If a bunch of atheists want to get together and hang out, why not? Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to be late for my weekly Angry Unicorn Living on the Dark Side of the Moon meeting.
Fair enough. But I wouldn't buy a whole building to do it in. I would just hang out with a few fellow atheist buddies. The most I would do is rent out a space for a large gathering, not buy one. That's a lot of $$$!
monkeydelarge: Now that I think some more about it, I agree that it's silly and annoying. I can understand if suddenly $500 was spent but four under $10 purchases? Who would steal less than $40 from a credit card? LOL
HereForTheBeer: That's one way the CC thieves test a stolen card - by seeing if small purchases go through. The gas station is a popular choice because you swipe it yourself. If it doesn't go through then you're out of there before anyone has a chance to question you.

My provider doesn't blink any longer at travel expenses on my account so I'm boned if someone tries to use it to go to Tahiti or something like that. ; )
If someone steals your credit card info and travels the world, why are you screwed and not your credit card provider?
HereForTheBeer: That's one way the CC thieves test a stolen card - by seeing if small purchases go through. The gas station is a popular choice because you swipe it yourself. If it doesn't go through then you're out of there before anyone has a chance to question you.

monkeydelarge: If someone steals your credit card info and travels the world, why are you screwed and not your credit card provider?
Because there's a time-limit and other restrictions on that stuff. No guarantee that it would get wiped from the ledger.
monkeydelarge: If someone steals your credit card info and travels the world, why are you screwed and not your credit card provider?
HereForTheBeer: Because there's a time-limit and other restrictions on that stuff. No guarantee that it would get wiped from the ledger.
That sucks. I hope you keep an eye on your statements constantly.
Stupid scratchy hotel towels! Too thin to dry you off, too small from having spent a bajillion cycles in the industrial dryer, and scratchy as hell.
tinyE: As soon as we find it.
Hahaha! Thanks for the laugh. :D
HereForTheBeer: Stupid scratchy hotel towels! Too thin to dry you off, too small from having spent a bajillion cycles in the industrial dryer, and scratchy as hell.
Guess they have to make them so crappy to keep people from stealing them.
Post edited January 03, 2014 by F4LL0UT
tinyE: As soon as we find it.
Made my day before I even got out of bed. That must be worth some rep, surely.

HereForTheBeer: Stupid scratchy hotel towels! Too thin to dry you off, too small from having spent a bajillion cycles in the industrial dryer, and scratchy as hell.
Try the Finnish military ones. You can see that they were made by the lowest bidder to meet certain criteria, indestructibility probably being the most and drying capabilities the least important one. On the upside, you could probably make a bulletproof dinghy out of them.

No complaints of my own as yet. +4°C and light drizzle, which is about as awesome weather as I could ever have hoped for in the winter. I put the bike on her summer tyres, and reckon I won't need the winter ones until November at the earliest.
ne_zavarj: Great . :(

I started the new year with a cold .
I got the cold exactly on new years eve. I totally can empathize.