It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soccorro: But what I hate the most right now is myself. Because It's like I don't care, I haven't cried, haven't even felt anything. I began shaking for no reason. It just happens out of nothing. It's not cold or anything it just happens.
jjsimp: My condolences and yes you are most likely still in the shock phase. When my mom passed, it wasn't until the funeral that I really broke down. Up to that point I was really in shock and was going through the same thing as you...asking myself why I wasn't a total wreck...I actually was, but it was all internalized until that day and for quite a long time afterward.
There will be other people you meet that will be the exact opposite, everyone reacts differently so try not to judge people that seem to be showing no symptoms of grief.
Thanks man, duh, shouldn't have written that.
Post edited December 20, 2013 by Soccorro
jjsimp: My condolences and yes you are most likely still in the shock phase. When my mom passed, it wasn't until the funeral that I really broke down. Up to that point I was really in shock and was going through the same thing as you...asking myself why I wasn't a total wreck...I actually was, but it was all internalized until that day and for quite a long time afterward.
There will be other people you meet that will be the exact opposite, everyone reacts differently so try not to judge people that seem to be showing no symptoms of grief.
Soccorro: Thanks man, i just had a complete breakdown last night. it was crazy, i've never cried that much, i whined like a beaten dog. Good thing my parents weren't around to hear that. I just went nuts. I promised myself to bring him back or he will be all fine when i visit him during the holidays next year. i rolled on the floor and couldn't breathe. cursed myself. I ate loads of ice cream (don't know why). I felt like a wimp. I tried really hard to get it together but I couldn't. I ended up in a corner of my room, covered in a blanket. I really don'T know why i'm writing this here, i already feel stupid for doing that...
I figure you're writing because some things poison you if you don't let them out.
Soccorro: Thanks man, i just had a complete breakdown last night. it was crazy, i've never cried that much, i whined like a beaten dog. Good thing my parents weren't around to hear that. I just went nuts. I promised myself to bring him back or he will be all fine when i visit him during the holidays next year. i rolled on the floor and couldn't breathe. cursed myself. I ate loads of ice cream (don't know why). I felt like a wimp. I tried really hard to get it together but I couldn't. I ended up in a corner of my room, covered in a blanket. I really don'T know why i'm writing this here, i already feel stupid for doing that...
CarrionCrow: I figure you're writing because some things poison you if you don't let them out.
Yeah, it's not healthy to bottle things up inside.
Trying to browse UPlay and the website keeps rerouting me to the page for my 'home country,' which apparently is Ireland. Origin is equally difficult to navigate and Steam refuses to sell me anything because the country I live in isn't the billing address of my credit card and that card is issued by a bank in a third country.

What's with all these services thinking you have to stay put in one country all your life? Shopping shouldn't be this difficult.
JaqFrost: Trying to browse UPlay and the website keeps rerouting me to the page for my 'home country,' which apparently is Ireland. Origin is equally difficult to navigate and Steam refuses to sell me anything because the country I live in isn't the billing address of my credit card and that card is issued by a bank in a third country.

What's with all these services thinking you have to stay put in one country all your life? Shopping shouldn't be this difficult.
Have you tried paypal? And yeah, origin is rubbish.
Soccorro: Have you tried paypal? And yeah, origin is rubbish.
Paypal is now forcing me to make an account to pay through their services... When did that change? You used to be able to just type your details and pay on the fly.
Soccorro: Have you tried paypal? And yeah, origin is rubbish.
JaqFrost: Paypal is now forcing me to make an account to pay through their services... When did that change? You used to be able to just type your details and pay on the fly.
yeah you have to sign up i guess. but it's perfectly safe and fast. Or you could try paysafe cards.
Soccorro: yeah you have to sign up i guess. but it's perfectly safe and fast. Or you could try paysafe cards.
Part of the problem with Steam is that I have to tell them that I live in the country of my billing address and they refuse the transaction at that point. It's all tied to the regional pricing thing they've got going, I think, and I don't conform to their expectations so they won't let me buy anything.

As for paysafecard, I didn't even know what that is and I don't think it's for sale in VN. Sigh.

Thanks, though, for trying to help! =)
Soccorro: yeah you have to sign up i guess. but it's perfectly safe and fast. Or you could try paysafe cards.
JaqFrost: Part of the problem with Steam is that I have to tell them that I live in the country of my billing address and they refuse the transaction at that point. It's all tied to the regional pricing thing they've got going, I think, and I don't conform to their expectations so they won't let me buy anything.

As for paysafecard, I didn't even know what that is and I don't think it's for sale in VN. Sigh.

Thanks, though, for trying to help! =)
Maybe you should contact the useless Steam support? And tell them you have already restarted steam or they will waste your precious time with that.
F4LL0UT: So, my Dad is at the hospital once again because his pancreas keeps acting up and the doctors have no idea what's causing it. Every couple of months, sometimes weeks, it gets inflamed. It isn't cancer and I thank God for that but still, the doctors are clueless. They've discovered that there's some anomaly that they could solve through surgery but they aren't sure that it will help and of course there's risks and now my parents have a day or two to decide whether he should go through a risky procedure where it's impossible to tell whether it will help (let me add that my parents live in Germany so please, no comments about uneducated stupid Polish doctors - especially from Polish users :P). Additionally stress seems to trigger the inflammation so everyone will have to be extremely careful during the holidays but well, let me say that the holidays are pretty much the most stressful time each year for our family and actually it's not even clear whether he'll be able to spend Christmas at home.

Additionally my grandmother (my Mom's mother) almost died yesterday. She's blind *and* stupid (also pure Evil) and insists on doing things she shouldn't like taking out the trash - so she fell down the stairs when she got lost in the building, bled a lot (from her head, no less), apparently she even broke something etc., it sounds worse than it is because now she's at my aunt's and in stable condition but well, I totally froze when my aunt called me today. Thank God the neighbor is a decent person. In Poland people seem to generally ignore any suspicious sounds, stay out of other people's stuff but she instantly checked when she heard the noise and instantly called an ambulance, if she hadn't done so my grandmother probably would have bled out. Now that thing happened and I can't even tell my Mom about it - my aunt told me that I shouldn't and she's right, as rough as things are lately we should probably wait before we tell her, the last thing I want to happen is for my Mom to get even more stressed out and careless when she's so busy taking care of my dad, getting the whole family to meet in a few days etc..

And then there's the thing - it was always clear that as soon as my aunt would take care of my grandmother I would move into her flat. It seems pretty clear now that after this my grandmother will stay at my aunt's place but that means that I will have to take over the other place earlier than expected which means that I'll have to take over the rent and I don't know how my girlfriend and I will handle that. Until we find someone to rent her apartment to we'd have to pay two full rents while using only one apartment. It's insane. Plus there's a chance that my Dad's illness will cost him his job, also my parents just bought a new car because their old one broke down etc. so I can't count on my parents' financial support for now. God, things are going to shit.
Hey man, I wish you and your family all the best, and especially luck! You can pull through, just don't give up :)

Soccorro: My Grandpa died. I don't know why I'm posting about it here. I still haven't realized he's dead. I still think, that when I visit him in the holidays, he'll be sitting there, complaining about technology and calling me names. Until he taps my shoulder to say how happy he is to see me. But I also kind of know, it will just be a fucking stone i'll be looking at. With this date of birth and death carved in. But what I hate the most right now is myself. Because It's like I don't care, I haven't cried, haven't even felt anything. I began shaking for no reason. It just happens out of nothing. It's not cold or anything it just happens.
My condolences - and don't worry, every person reacts differently when confronted with the death of a loved one.
F4LL0UT: So, my Dad is at the hospital once again because his pancreas keeps acting up and the doctors have no idea what's causing it. Every couple of months, sometimes weeks, it gets inflamed. It isn't cancer and I thank God for that but still, the doctors are clueless. They've discovered that there's some anomaly that they could solve through surgery but they aren't sure that it will help and of course there's risks and now my parents have a day or two to decide whether he should go through a risky procedure where it's impossible to tell whether it will help (let me add that my parents live in Germany so please, no comments about uneducated stupid Polish doctors - especially from Polish users :P). Additionally stress seems to trigger the inflammation so everyone will have to be extremely careful during the holidays but well, let me say that the holidays are pretty much the most stressful time each year for our family and actually it's not even clear whether he'll be able to spend Christmas at home.

Additionally my grandmother (my Mom's mother) almost died yesterday. She's blind *and* stupid (also pure Evil) and insists on doing things she shouldn't like taking out the trash - so she fell down the stairs when she got lost in the building, bled a lot (from her head, no less), apparently she even broke something etc., it sounds worse than it is because now she's at my aunt's and in stable condition but well, I totally froze when my aunt called me today. Thank God the neighbor is a decent person. In Poland people seem to generally ignore any suspicious sounds, stay out of other people's stuff but she instantly checked when she heard the noise and instantly called an ambulance, if she hadn't done so my grandmother probably would have bled out. Now that thing happened and I can't even tell my Mom about it - my aunt told me that I shouldn't and she's right, as rough as things are lately we should probably wait before we tell her, the last thing I want to happen is for my Mom to get even more stressed out and careless when she's so busy taking care of my dad, getting the whole family to meet in a few days etc..

And then there's the thing - it was always clear that as soon as my aunt would take care of my grandmother I would move into her flat. It seems pretty clear now that after this my grandmother will stay at my aunt's place but that means that I will have to take over the other place earlier than expected which means that I'll have to take over the rent and I don't know how my girlfriend and I will handle that. Until we find someone to rent her apartment to we'd have to pay two full rents while using only one apartment. It's insane. Plus there's a chance that my Dad's illness will cost him his job, also my parents just bought a new car because their old one broke down etc. so I can't count on my parents' financial support for now. God, things are going to shit.
Reever: Hey man, I wish you and your family all the best, and especially luck! You can pull through, just don't give up :)

Soccorro: My Grandpa died. I don't know why I'm posting about it here. I still haven't realized he's dead. I still think, that when I visit him in the holidays, he'll be sitting there, complaining about technology and calling me names. Until he taps my shoulder to say how happy he is to see me. But I also kind of know, it will just be a fucking stone i'll be looking at. With this date of birth and death carved in. But what I hate the most right now is myself. Because It's like I don't care, I haven't cried, haven't even felt anything. I began shaking for no reason. It just happens out of nothing. It's not cold or anything it just happens.
Reever: My condolences - and don't worry, every person reacts differently when confronted with the death of a loved one.
Thank you :)
Many have shown their anger about those re-selling the giftcodes for the 3 Fallout parts, i know i was angry.
But now i am pissed.
Just doing some research about a question in this forum about Ultima 7 i stumbled upon a page with the GOG logo
were near the complete list of games here were ready to download.
Thats so against my believe in DRM-Free.....
Schnuff: Many have shown their anger about those re-selling the giftcodes for the 3 Fallout parts, i know i was angry.
But now i am pissed.
Just doing some research about a question in this forum about Ultima 7 i stumbled upon a page with the GOG logo
"were ready to download" Do you mean piracy?
Schnuff: Many have shown their anger about those re-selling the giftcodes for the 3 Fallout parts, i know i was angry.
But now i am pissed.
Soccorro: "were ready to download" Do you mean piracy?
Sure, he is using the logo and than list the games from GOG alphabetical.
Soccorro: "were ready to download" Do you mean piracy?
Schnuff: Sure, he is using the logo and than list the games from GOG alphabetical.
Yep, i think it's just to show, whom they are f***ing over.