It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Telika: You know that feeling when you are searching your hard drive for a pdf article that you know you have even already read but that you can't find anywhere ? Well HWRWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH
The joys of search indexing!
Telika: You know that feeling when you are searching your hard drive for a pdf article that you know you have even already read but that you can't find anywhere ? Well HWRWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH
Anamon: The joys of search indexing!
Combined with the joys of not having access to JStor anymore.
Telika: Combined with the joys of not having access to JStor anymore.
Argh. I'd love to help you out, but I'm "in between logins" myself. Got mine disabled a couple of months ago, and I will only get a new one a few weeks from now.
Important life lesson learned: never slide down a rope while wearing PTU shorts.
Cant believe how freaking hard it is to find a goddamn job (even a call centre one - plenty of experience)
tinyE: Whenever I go a few weeks without shaving and then finally do shave it looks like my chin has fallen off.
monkeydelarge: Unfortunately, we aren't all blessed with strong chins. :(
RighteousNixon: OK, I am still pissed about my computer, but things just went from terrible to amazing! My wife told me I should link my American Express Rewards account with my Amazon account and use my points to buy a new computer. I didn't even know you could link your American Express Rewards account with Amazon. When did that option become available?Whats even more amazing is it only took about 30 seconds to link the 2 accounts. All I had to do was enter the billing zip code and the 4 digital security number and they were linked. Anyways, I wound up having a lot more points than I thought I did. I thought I had around 175-200k and I had almost 3 times that amount. I guess it pays to use my card for all of my business expenses. It wound up being just over $4100 in cash value. Needless to say, I purchased the new 2.3 Ghz Macbook Pro with a 3 year warranty and I still have $1200 left. As much as I would have liked to avoid the whole situation and have my original laptop still functioning, I guess I really cant complain. I had a new computer ordered in under 12 hours and my Black Friday funds are intact. All in all, not much to bitch about really.
monkeydelarge: You are very lucky to have such an intelligent wife. :)
That is an understatement and not a day goes by where I don't recognize that fact.
Spent two consecutive afternoons trying to get JA2 to compile with VS2013. A few std library changes, a few overloaded functions, then time to create the new project files. One of the configurations refuses to compile, complaining about a missing library.
Turns out whoever added the last project forgot to add said configuration, thus the .lib was created in a different place from expected, and the linker couldn't find it. Question now is, does it compile in earlier Visual Studios or was that configuration broken for who knows how long?
JMich: Spent two consecutive afternoons trying to get JA2 to compile with VS2013. A few std library changes, a few overloaded functions, then time to create the new project files. One of the configurations refuses to compile, complaining about a missing library.
Turns out whoever added the last project forgot to add said configuration, thus the .lib was created in a different place from expected, and the linker couldn't find it. Question now is, does it compile in earlier Visual Studios or was that configuration broken for who knows how long?
I have read that twice and still haven't got a clue what had happened. I think I should be sympathetic.
Im no sales or marketing expert but some people really are kinda shit, pushing a competitor's products in GOG's forums (not the first fucking time either)
nijuu: Im no sales or marketing expert but some people really are kinda shit, pushing a competitor's products in GOG's forums (not the first fucking time either)
Hah, I just read that thread too. I'll add on to that and mention the stream of linux comments in any news thread which involves a game that has a linux version. We get it.
nijuu: Im no sales or marketing expert but some people really are kinda shit, pushing a competitor's products in GOG's forums (not the first fucking time either)
CrowTRobo: Hah, I just read that thread too. I'll add on to that and mention the stream of linux comments in any news thread which involves a game that has a linux version. We get it.
Can you show me this thread? I'm curious.
CrowTRobo: Hah, I just read that thread too. I'll add on to that and mention the stream of linux comments in any news thread which involves a game that has a linux version. We get it.
monkeydelarge: Can you show me this thread? I'm curious.
He is talking in general. Ive noticed it as well. New game release, someone pops up asking for a linux version. Often. Similar to what im having a whinge about.
Weather forecast suggests that temperature every night for the next week or so will be +1°C or lower. It rained rather heavily today, so black ice ahoy. The bike is back on her winter tyres, which make her feel heavy and sad. This makes my mood heavy and sad too.

I'm actually looking forward to ice for once, just so that I can blast past every other cyclist (slithering about sideways, no doubt) in town with a smug smile on my face.
AlKim: Weather forecast suggests that temperature every night for the next week or so will be +1°C or lower. It rained rather heavily today, so black ice ahoy. The bike is back on her winter tyres, which make her feel heavy and sad. This makes my mood heavy and sad too.

I'm actually looking forward to ice for once, just so that I can blast past every other cyclist (slithering about sideways, no doubt) in town with a smug smile on my face.
1 C isn't bad at all BUT black ice is evil so BE CAREFUL!!!

Seriously, what kind of bullshit is black ice?! Like it's not dangerous enough, let's make it invisible. I hear black ice I call in sick.
I went to the vet again, since my cat has infected teethridge. Despite receiving medicine, the poor guy's condition didn't get any better.
The vet is afraid that Manny has cancer. At least, there are chances it could be. And the poor guy turned 1 year old in May.
In any case, the vet needed some samples, so Manny got a little operation yesterday. She also cut some parts of the infected flesh away, since it spread.
I'll get the results as early as monday. The lab needs five to ten days to get the results. :/

Well, and today, Manny showed us how mad he was for having to go to the vet so often. Or because my roommate didn't let him in the garden. Let's just say, she going to sleep in the living room tonight.
Though at least my cat seems to have forgiven me.