It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Protoss:
blotunga: Try to go swimming at least 2-3 times/week. It helps a lot.
Yea, it helps to have more pain in my foot!
HereForTheBeer: Speaking of blind spots, here's my PSA about that:

Adjust the mirrors properly and there is virtually no blind spot for most vehicles I've driven. If your mirrors are pointed so you can see along the sides of your car, then they are adjusted wrong.
Yeah, I got my mirrors set correctly, but even if I didn't I still wouldn't cruise near someone's rear quarter panel. It's stupid and an accident waiting to happen, but I see people there all the time clueless to the risk.

The other thing that pisses me off is people that pass large trucks slowly. They race all the way up to a truck, then they slow down and go maybe two or three miles an hour faster than the truck. Then once they are pass they continue going their blistering 10-15 miles an hour faster. People need to speed up and get around those big vehicles.
jjsimp: The other thing that pisses me off is people that pass large trucks slowly. They race all the way up to a truck, then they slow down and go maybe two or three miles an hour faster than the truck. Then once they are pass they continue going their blistering 10-15 miles an hour faster. People need to speed up and get around those big vehicles.
EXACTLY what happens here, too. Drives me nuts. Ya know, the longer you sit next to the truck the longer you're exposed to whatever might happen. Just get past it already.

The other one is the person behind waiting to pass, but they're doing so closely enough that I can barely see their grill. And before I have a chance to clear the fast lane during my lane change back to the right, they're already next to my car as I'm straddling the line. Buddy, that extra one second isn't going to make you late to work.
I HATE confrontations.

Ruins my whole goddamn week.
Post edited September 11, 2013 by tinyE
tinyE: I HATE confrontations.

For some reason I am picturing Al Bundy coming home from work and sharing his day with his family: "A fat lady came into the shoe store today..."
tinyE: I HATE confrontations.

jjsimp: For some reason I am picturing Al Bundy coming home from work and sharing his day with his family: "A fat lady came into the shoe store today..."
XD No just some asshole screaming about bugs.
tinyE: XD No just some asshole screaming about bugs.
In the bed or the breakfast?

*ducks*
tinyE: XD No just some asshole screaming about bugs.
grimwerk: In the bed or the breakfast?

*ducks*
Fair question! XD

No, he checked in, there were flies in the room, he started screaming, told me he refused to stay here. I apologized and politely reminded him that we were going to charge him because a) it's the north woods and b) I could have rented the room out two hours ago to someone who wouldn't have cared about flies. That's when he started to belittle me and it got unpleasant. I probably won't charge him because I'm happier he isn't here but getting bullied by an adult just fucking destroys me. What's worse is he no doubt saw me and thought "bum" but he's the one acting like a little kid.
tinyE:
Sorry for your trouble. I don't have the knowledge to judge if his complaint was reasonable or not (if flies were actually mosquitoes, for example, I would've been irked myself). The guy's got no cause to scream and insult you, though, I figure. So he can get bent.
timppu: Excuse me??? The fucker behind me should keep long enough distance to me that he/she is also able to brake safely, in case I have to make an emergency braking.
I can't stand that, drives me nuts. There is absolutely no reason to be so close to the vehicle in front of you. I probably shouldn't but sometimes I get so pissed if someone is riding my ass, I'll slow down. Not brake, but just let go of the accelerator a bit.
grimwerk: In the bed or the breakfast?

*ducks*
tinyE: Fair question! XD

No, he checked in, there were flies in the room, he started screaming, told me he refused to stay here. I apologized and politely reminded him that we were going to charge him because a) it's the north woods and b) I could have rented the room out two hours ago to someone who wouldn't have cared about flies. That's when he started to belittle me and it got unpleasant. I probably won't charge him because I'm happier he isn't here but getting bullied by an adult just fucking destroys me. What's worse is he no doubt saw me and thought "bum" but he's the one acting like a little kid.
The way these people behave over a little bit of money(less than $200) towards an innocent stranger, is disgusting. I'm assuming, the room didn't cost over $200, a night? Sorry you had to go through that shit.
tinyE:
grimwerk: Sorry for your trouble. I don't have the knowledge to judge if his complaint was reasonable or not (if flies were actually mosquitoes, for example, I would've been irked myself). The guy's got no cause to scream and insult you, though, I figure. So he can get bent.
I would be unhappy with flies in my room too but I'd just ask for another room. I wouldn't bully an innocent stranger into giving me back the money. It's not like tinyE put the flies in the room.
Post edited September 11, 2013 by monkeydelarge
jjsimp: The other thing that pisses me off is people that pass large trucks slowly. They race all the way up to a truck, then they slow down and go maybe two or three miles an hour faster than the truck. Then once they are pass they continue going their blistering 10-15 miles an hour faster. People need to speed up and get around those big vehicles.
Here in Australia, it is the law to drive slowly (not speed) when overtaking. Apparently our moronic dumb authorities think it is much safer to sit in the oncoming traffic lane much longer than necessary rather than speeding and getting back into the correct lane much quicker. Police even like to set up radar in places they know are suitable for overtaking and book people who overtake, because the police know it is human nature and preservation instinct not to want to stay in the wrong lane any longer than necessary.
grimwerk: Sorry for your trouble. I don't have the knowledge to judge if his complaint was reasonable or not (if flies were actually mosquitoes, for example, I would've been irked myself). The guy's got no cause to scream and insult you, though, I figure. So he can get bent.
Wait so mosquitoes in the middle of nowhere and you would have a problem with that. As long as there are no roaches, bedbugs, or mice I'd have no problems. But flies and mosquitoes.

If he complained about flies I would have handed him a rolled up newspaper or a flyswatter. Mosquitoes hand him some Off with deet.
jjsimp: Wait so mosquitoes in the middle of nowhere and you would have a problem with that. As long as there are no roaches, bedbugs, or mice I'd have no problems. But flies and mosquitoes.

If he complained about flies I would have handed him a rolled up newspaper or a flyswatter. Mosquitoes hand him some Off with deet.
I retract my unreasonable comment that mosquitoes would irk me.
Still feeling down after dropping off my ex-girlfriend from Canada at the airport. Just to never see her ever again.
It's just so tragic. She cheated on me, and despite that I just can't get over her. We shared quite a lot of common interest. We had our own humor and jokes. We shared a lot together and we knew each other through and through. Until that fateful moment where she cheated on me. Despite me giving her a chance to redeem herself it only went worse. I still wonder why she had to do that. We had a great life together imo. Now whenever I go back to the town where my college is located at and where we lived for 2 years. I keep getting bad vibes. Everywhere I look are memories. I know it's been 8 months already since our break up but somehow I never lost my feelings towards her. It's not like I wanted to get back together because the trust had been broken. Still... it's so painful
Post edited September 12, 2013 by Senteria