It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

te_lanus:
blotunga: Hmm, this means I'll have to save my keys for further reference. Good to know :(. Sorry about Gal Civ though. It's a good game.
Does this apply to all steam games, i.e. do I have to click "show product key" on all my games and note them for later reference? When I had trouble accessing my steam account once it did suffice that I could provide some of my recent payment details right out of paypal.
Post edited August 19, 2013 by itti
itti: Does this apply to all steam games, i.e. do I have to click "show product key" on all my games and note them for later reference? When I had trouble accessing my steam account once it did suffice that I could provide some of my recent payment details right out of paypal.
Depends, if your profile gets compromised then recent sales will help, but if it happens as what happened with me, you'll need that specific game's CD key, as you need to prove that you owned it. that's why I don't really have a hope that my problem would be solvable by support :(
Going on another steam tirade.

methinks steam's store should take some lessons from Amazon. In amazon I can buy while in Aus, UK or South Africa with out problem. With Steam you can't. Been told by Support that if I want to use the money in my Steam wallet (in South Africa, where I live), I need to add more money to it as it's been locked to Aus, (where I bough Tomb Raider collection while there on Vacation). :(

So currently I can't buy until family comes to visit, so that I can use their CC to "unlock" my account here :P
This apartment search is fucking killing me. I am largely de-motivated to carry on this fucking bullshit. Problem is, this is largely my fault too.

You see, I put an applicant on city's student apartment organization on July. On first weeks on August, I emailed them about the situation of single apartments.

Turns out, they've all taken. Well, no problems, I started to search from private renters.

Come to this day, I still have nothing. Latest applicant (which I made earlier today) was turned down - due the house been taken already. All within 24 hours. Added that school starts on second of September.

...Only to turn out I get myself an apartment after all, as I was writing this. Expensive and too spacious for me, yes, but considering the current time and such... I don't care, really.

Oh well.
Post edited August 21, 2013 by Palvikinkku
This isn't really bitching about life, but I really wish we had a "go to first unread post" feature here on the forums.

The forum knows whether a thread has new posts compared to the last time I opened it, so I have to think that a feature of going to the first unread post is at the very least possible. Not sure how complicated, though.
Palvikinkku: ...
I have opposite problem.

A rommate is moving out but decides that October is the best time. She also plan to live here until the notice time runs out which means that a majority of people who would be interested - students - turns it down.

And there is also a bunch of hyper enthusiastic people who don't even bother to notice me that they don't feel like visiting tonight. There is still a plenty of time but it kinda sucks because I start thinking that this type will be the only one replying.

It reminds me of times when I was looking for a job. A lot of energy wasted on someone who doesn't even consider sending a generic No Thanks e-mail.

Sigh. On the bright side, I guess it's still a recreational activity compared to job hunting.
Oh gee, I just love losing karma for trying to help someone do something that isn't against the site rules.

>_>
Attachments:
Post edited August 22, 2013 by ggf162
ggf162: Oh gee, I just love losing karma for trying to help someone do something that isn't against the site rules.
Yeah, it really irritates me that is is illegal to rip Blurays I own. Granted I won't be sent to a federal pound me in the ass jail for just ripping my bluray collection. However, it should not be illegal to rip and convert a movie/game/or music CD I own. Go after the real criminals, like the assholes charging $30 for a shitty ass movie on bluray.
blarg, don't know what to do. Work is the suckiest of suck. It's a service desk of nonsense.

They did however agree to pay for my cert IV in IT and also are funding a Cert IV in Frontline Management.

However, that means at least 6 months hanging around.. I can barely do a week most of the time without feeling shitty about it on the weekend.

The other concern is that if I turn it down because I don't want to be tied to the place, how pissed off will I be if I'm still working there in 6 months and I don't have the qualification...
Been really stressed the last few weeks, I used to smoke to help with it years ago, Had my first ciggy in like 5+ years, I feel horrible. I think ill stick to alcohol
nvm
Post edited August 24, 2013 by timppu
Kalliste: blarg, don't know what to do. Work is the suckiest of suck. It's a service desk of nonsense.

They did however agree to pay for my cert IV in IT and also are funding a Cert IV in Frontline Management.

However, that means at least 6 months hanging around.. I can barely do a week most of the time without feeling shitty about it on the weekend.

The other concern is that if I turn it down because I don't want to be tied to the place, how pissed off will I be if I'm still working there in 6 months and I don't have the qualification...
If the qualification is for a job that you're going to be miserable in anyway, then what's the point? Don't go through life being miserable 5 days + weekend recovery, out of 7. Easier said than done but do as I say, not as I do.

p.s. and welcome to the forum :)
Kalliste: blarg, don't know what to do. Work is the suckiest of suck. It's a service desk of nonsense.

pigdog: If the qualification is for a job that you're going to be miserable in anyway, then what's the point? Don't go through life being miserable 5 days + weekend recovery, out of 7. Easier said than done but do as I say, not as I do.

p.s. and welcome to the forum :)
It's a possibility, it's a management qualification that I've done half of already. Currently I'm looking at getting it plus a technical qualification so that I can move toward technical team lead rather than the dull shit I've been doing now.

I am having issues getting a different job recently and one I really wanted didn't even get an interview so I'm in an insecure stage of 'I'll be here forever" that I can't shake so figure I should get something out of the place if I have no choice but to be there anyway.
Burned out and bored .
ne_zavarj: Burned out and bored .
Welcome to my work week for the last five years. If the economy were more stable perhaps I would look for another job. Who am I kidding, I make too good of money for being bored at work all day.