It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Adzeth: I once dislocated my jaw by yawning.
Profanity: Is that a thing? I've had something very close happen when yawning a couple of times, but I never thought you could actually dislocate the whole shabang.
Yeah, you'd better start making sure you don't open your mouth too far. I started using my hand to keep my mouth relatively closed if a yawn is getting too powerful. :p
Adzeth: I once dislocated my jaw by yawning.
Profanity: Is that a thing? I've had something very close happen when yawning a couple of times, but I never thought you could actually dislocate the whole shabang.
A friend of mine's got a loose jaw that dislocates very easily, such as during yawning or, on one occasion, french kissing. He got so fed up with the problem that apparently he now knows how to pop it back in place again. The only other solution would involve pain, a bonesaw, a couple of surgeries and ages of recovery.
Someone just cancelled their reservation because we don't have a pool. We are 150 feet from the largest freshwater lake on the planet.

Okay not so much of a bitch as a "WTF!?" moment.
tinyE: Someone just cancelled their reservation because we don't have a pool. We are 150 feet from the largest freshwater lake on the planet.

It's one thing for a body to be found face down in a pool, another thing to be found face down in a lake. So you just ruined their fantasy I guess ;)
tinyE: Someone just cancelled their reservation because we don't have a pool. We are 150 feet from the largest freshwater lake on the planet.

JMich: It's one thing for a body to be found face down in a pool, another thing to be found face down in a lake. So you just ruined their fantasy I guess ;)
I never thought of that! You are brilliant! +1

You guys need to get one of these bad boys: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11195809
Isn't that enormous fresh water swimming pool right off your shore about 32.0000001 degrees Fahrenheit right about now?

Er, never mind, it's actually a relatively balmy upper 30s: http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/ofs/lsofs/fore_temp.shtml

Buy a half dozen shipping containers, have someone cut out a few sides, weld the buggers together to create a single open-top structure, line it with a couple of thousand bin liners, call the fire brigade and tell that there's a fire in the container complex and let them fill it for you.

You're welcome.

AlKim: Buy a half dozen shipping containers, have someone cut out a few sides, weld the buggers together to create a single open-top structure, line it with a couple of thousand bin liners, call the fire brigade and tell that there's a fire in the container complex and let them fill it for you.

You're welcome.
Interesting note, and being a Fin you will like this. The pool thing makes everyone laugh, but try to run an inn up here without a sauna and they will burn you at the stake.
Continued chronicles of feeling old:

Someone just pointed out on twitter that the guy who played the kid in the original Karate Kid movies, is now the same age in real life as the actor who played Mr Miyagi in the first movie. FML.
I'm so close to finishing this one academical chore...
...but somehow I keep getting lazier and less motivated the closer I get to finishing it. Now it's a "I could just type a few paragraphs about math stuff and it'd be done, but I'd rather just stare at it with a dumb look on my face" kind of a situation.
Adzeth: I'm so close to finishing this one academical chore...
...but somehow I keep getting lazier and less motivated the closer I get to finishing it. Now it's a "I could just type a few paragraphs about math stuff and it'd be done, but I'd rather just stare at it with a dumb look on my face" kind of a situation.
Reward yourself for completing the task, I find alcohol is a very good reward
You are afraid to finish it, because you don't know what is there after that, if anything.

You're afraid of change, man!
Post edited May 22, 2013 by timppu
Just remember, never put off today what you can put off tomorrow.
timppu: You are afraid to finish it, because you don't know what is there after that, if anything.

You're afraid of change, man!
Could very well be. My motivation basically imploded into a coma after the advisor guy told me that I just need to add a few things and it's done. That was a few weeks ago, and I've only managed to add 2 sentences into the thesis after it. Though I kind of know what follows: a 30 minutes long presentation the very thought of which terrifies me.

tinyE: Just remember, never put off today what you can put off tomorrow.
That's what I keep telling them, but they're saying I'm never going to get motivated and I should just force myself to do it.