It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HereForTheBeer: I'm mentally picturing that drive you had... ugh. St Louis to Rockford there's not much to look at, not bad from Rockford to a bit past Madison, and it gets dull again for an hour or so from Portage to about Stevens Point. Easy drive since you aren't hitting any big cities directly, but booooriiiiing. Pretty enough once you get past Wausau.

The hardest part of mine will be that last stretch with the rental truck / trailer. Not looking forward to hitting Kansas City in that thing but if the schedule works out it'll be right around 10am-noon. Smooth sailing once past. Er, got Des Moines a few hours after and construction will make that interesting, but the timing should make it okay.

And then turn around and make another trip next week. And another guy between KC and St Lou is looking at having me come down for a week or two in June. That one should put the car right near the 100,000 mark.
Yeah its shit until Wisconsin then it is beyond beautiful. My dad is from Iowa so I've been through there more times than I'd care. Kansas sucks because it's boring and there are NO rest stops. I'm not kidding.

Sorry about that tack on at the end of my last post. I tried to make is separate but it wouldn't work.
HereForTheBeer: I'm mentally picturing that drive you had... ugh. St Louis to Rockford there's not much to look at, not bad from Rockford to a bit past Madison, and it gets dull again for an hour or so from Portage to about Stevens Point. Easy drive since you aren't hitting any big cities directly, but booooriiiiing. Pretty enough once you get past Wausau.

The hardest part of mine will be that last stretch with the rental truck / trailer. Not looking forward to hitting Kansas City in that thing but if the schedule works out it'll be right around 10am-noon. Smooth sailing once past. Er, got Des Moines a few hours after and construction will make that interesting, but the timing should make it okay.

And then turn around and make another trip next week. And another guy between KC and St Lou is looking at having me come down for a week or two in June. That one should put the car right near the 100,000 mark.
tinyE: Yeah its shit until Wisconsin then it is beyond beautiful. My dad is from Iowa so I've been through there more times than I'd care. Kansas sucks because it's boring and there are NO rest stops. I'm not kidding.

Sorry about that tack on at the end of my last post. I tried to make is separate but it wouldn't work.
I've been thinking a few times to de-rep you just because I've seen you moaning about it quite a few times (I know it's not about the rep itself, but still...). But then I decided against it and even +repped you on a few occasions.
You have to come to terms that some people don't seem to like you because of your (sometimes bad) jokes and will just continue de-repping any post of yours they can find.

Get over it :D

And now to be on topic: Lots of stuff to do, not enough time =(( I'M SO LAZY xD
tinyE: Yeah its shit until Wisconsin then it is beyond beautiful. My dad is from Iowa so I've been through there more times than I'd care. Kansas sucks because it's boring and there are NO rest stops. I'm not kidding.

Reever: I've been thinking a few times to de-rep you just because I've seen you moaning about it quite a few times (I know it's not about the rep itself, but still...). But then I decided against it and even +repped you on a few occasions.
You have to come to terms that some people don't seem to like you because of your (sometimes bad) jokes and will just continue de-repping any post of yours they can find.

I don't care about the rep I just want to know who it is. If someone would just admit it I'd never mention it again, I swear on my mother's grave.
tinyE: If someone would just admit it I'd never mention it again...
...and they'd never find the body? :p
Reever: I've been thinking a few times to de-rep you just because I've seen you moaning about it quite a few times (I know it's not about the rep itself, but still...). But then I decided against it and even +repped you on a few occasions.

tinyE: I don't care about the rep I just want to know who it is. If someone would just admit it I'd never mention it again, I swear on my mother's grave.
Damn, should have said it was me, then you'd have your peace of mind :D
tinyE: I don't care about the rep I just want to know who it is. If someone would just admit it I'd never mention it again, I swear on my mother's grave.
Reever: Damn, should have said it was me, then you'd have your peace of mind :D
You are too kind and too honest. I wouldn't have believed it for a second.

It's not even piece of mind, it's just common decency. I have no problem with anyone hating me (shit sometimes I'm shocked everyone doesn't :P) I have just always felt that it behooves you to tell someone to their face when you despise them. I wouldn't even care of they continued to derep every post so long as they just let me know it was them. One thing is for sure, I'd definitely have a hell of a lot more respect for them.
tinyE: You are too kind and too honest. I wouldn't have believed it for a second.

It's not even piece of mind, it's just common decency. I have no problem with anyone hating me (shit sometimes I'm shocked everyone doesn't :P) I have just always felt that it behooves you to tell someone to their face when you despise them. I wouldn't even care of they continued to derep every post so long as they just let me know it was them. One thing is for sure, I'd definitely have a hell of a lot more respect for them.
You can't know that, maybe I'm playing mind game with you and I am actually the one who always de-reps you.

:P Nah, that was a joke, though it's nice to see you think of me that way =)

And I understand what you're talking about, but ah well, this is the internet. Don't expect too much out of people out here (although that is quite the paradox when looking at some people's generosity around here!).

Just don't let it bother you anymore, since it's pretty improbable someone (because it's probably more than one anyway :P) will stand up and tell you he -repped you...
tinyE: You are too kind and too honest. I wouldn't have believed it for a second.

I am not sure how rep works, but maybe that's not what's happening at all. Maybe you made a very untimely joke (like in a thread where someone died or was very sad), a lot of people downrepped you, and your rep is still being hit because it can only change a certain amount per day. I am not sure, but I think that could be an option. I'd be surprised if a single person can have that much impact in your rep.

But I agree with Reever: you are getting annoying, talking about this all the time. Besides, if you stop talking about it, the other person might think you don't care anymore and will stop having fun with her little game.
Ahhh fuck it, YOU ARE ALL correct. I don't mind being disgusting and tasteless and crude rude or socially unacceptable, but annoying I can't have. Fuck em whoever they are. Let's dance! :D
Attachments:
dance!.gif (109 Kb)
tinyE: Ahhh fuck it, YOU ARE ALL correct. I don't mind being disgusting and tasteless and crude rude or socially unacceptable, but annoying I can't have. Fuck em whoever they are. Let's dance! :D
That's the spirit! I'm pretty sure I've been downrepped before, but I have no idea since I don't look after my rep points. In fact, if you asked me now, I can't even tell how many rep points I have, even in what ballpark it is.

(but I certainly will know after posting this, since I will see my lovely avatar right after that with the nice number there).

You have over 200 rep anyway already, so why care? You can't please everyone.

And if it helps, I don't find you that annoying or repulsive or anything. You seem to joke a lot, better that than deliberate trolling in the forum. You are not even near among the worst in the forum anyway, so don't fret.

EDIT: 768, yay! I was thinking maybe 500-600. Now the number 768 is probably etched into my memory forever.
Post edited May 12, 2013 by timppu
Remember, it's not Rep that matters. It's having High Rated and Low Rated posts that matter.

And I mostly downrep to just hide posts since there's no proper Ignore function. Because if I have to scroll past one more post by [REDACTED]...D:<
Post edited May 12, 2013 by Aaron86
Make schools, not churches... damn you, I hope the whole place burns down to ashes.
Elenarie: Make schools, not churches... damn you, I hope the whole place burns down to ashes.
Come on now. Religion isn't so bad. I read the Bible and the only part I really didn't like about it was everything between the front and back cover.
tinyE: Come on now. Religion isn't so bad. I read the Bible and the only part I really didn't like about it was everything between the front and back cover.
The problem of religion is not the bible. Is the things that people do in it's name that is the problem, when surprisingly often they haven't even read it themselves.
Anyway, I didn't come here for religion arguments but to bitch. It's been one of those days today.

I woke up in Derry (Northern Ireland) with the sole intention of doing a tour to visit the giant's causeway, as I had visited the city itself before. I was slightly worried if I would have a place on the bus, as the tickets had to be bought on the spot, so I went a bit ahead of time. After waiting for half an hour under the rain, turned out I was the only one wanting to do the tour today and so they canceled. Seriously, if you're going to do that, don't market it as "we go every day"!. So I went back to the hostel (I'll omit the part where I almost lost my deposit due to forgetfulness) and I headed to the bus to go to Belfast. It also turns out that the same tour is available from Belfast, and it's actually cheaper, so I didn't have to go to Derry to begin with. Sigh.

So I went to the bus station and I missed the bus to Belfast. But I saw a bus to Dublin (via airport) instead, so I decided to take it because there was little more point to staying on the road when tomorrow is a BIG day at work. Unfortunately, the bus going to Dublin (via airport) didn't stop at the airport (where I intended to recharge my laptop's battery for the second bus trip to Cork), and left me at the city centre instead. Luckily, I know where the bus station is, so I headed there to take the next bus to Cork. And guess what? Strike.

Now, I deeply respect strikes, but they sure suck when they catch you unprepared. Since there was a bus strike, I headed to the train station, but I got it wrong and I had to go to a second train station, where I missed the train to Cork for 5 minutes. I had to wait for the next train, which btw costs 4 times as much as the bus, and finally headed towards Cork, although I still had to take tha last part of the trip by bus due to work in progress on the railway. It was about then when I realized that even if the main Irish bus lines (bus eireann) where on strike, the aircoach to Cork was from a different company and would probably still run, but too late.

I finally got to Cork, but when I headed to the local bus to get to my house... surprise! no service, either. I would have sworn that there was service in Dublin... anyway, I had to walk a whole hour with my little backpack to get home. Now I'm tired and I'm going to sleep.

I wish you all a better day.