It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: My folks were stuck at O'Hare for two days once. XD I laugh because it was a trip they asked me to go on and I refused because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of flying. They told me I was being silly. When they finally got home they told me I was a genius.
JaqFrost: I'm flying out of O'Hare so hopefully, I won't get stuck there. xD I was once stuck in Manchester when trying to fly out of there, which was none too fun since I missed all my connections, I had to argue with the airline rep for about half the night and then when they finally got me on a flight, I didn't get anything to eat because they didn't see the need to transfer my special meal request. +20 hours of flying without food is just insane.
You win! :D My parents atleast got their meal vouchers. They we're also given discount options for area motels but that doesn't really help when they tell you, "As soon as the weather over Michigan clears we'll consider departure, so stay in the airport."

The punchline is they never did fly out. After days two they said fuck it and rented a car. They were home nine hours later and the flight never did leave O'Hare.
Post edited April 01, 2013 by tinyE
tinyE: The punchline is they never did fly out. After days two they said fuck it and rented a car.
----------------------
They were home nine hours later and the flight never did leave O'Hare.
I give your parents credit for their amazing willpower. I'd have left after 12 hours or so.
---------------------
So what...did it disappear into the mist or something? 0.o ;)
itti: ...
Just a sidenote, have you told all that to her? And not told as pissed off argument, but told as calm remarks. 'cause if you have and she's not doing anything to change it, well, I'd say tough luck for her.

Funny thing about impeded creativity tho, I have noticed that I'm not nearly as creative as I used to be now that I have a wife. I'll have to remedy that.
Post edited April 01, 2013 by Fenixp
Fenixp: Funny thing about impeded creativity tho, I have noticed that I'm not nearly as creative as I used to be now that I have a wife. I'll have to remedy that.
Watch from 1:30 onwards:
Hey Mom
Fenixp: Just a sidenote, have you told all that to her? And not told as pissed off argument, but told as calm remarks. 'cause if you have and she's not doing anything to change it, well, I'd say tough luck for her.

Funny thing about impeded creativity tho, I have noticed that I'm not nearly as creative as I used to be now that I have a wife. I'll have to remedy that.
I did - on multiple occasions. The thing is that being right or feeling to be right doesn't auto-win an argument. People have their opinions and aren't easily convinced of something contrary to their view. It doesn't help if one is conceived as the non-true, ominous, almost dishonest asshole. Every time I start thinking about ending our relationship she seems to sense this and suddenly things get a lot better for a while almost reaching the point where I'm like "I don't want to destroy this".
tinyE: The punchline is they never did fly out. After days two they said fuck it and rented a car.
----------------------
They were home nine hours later and the flight never did leave O'Hare.
GameRager: I give your parents credit for their amazing willpower. I'd have left after 12 hours or so.
---------------------
So what...did it disappear into the mist or something? 0.o ;)
We live in the middle of nowhere so there is only one flight out of here and to here everyday. The flight to is coming form O'Hare and they only leave if they know the plane get get back because they won't pay to put the pilots up for the night where I live. Point being, if there is ANY chance of snow the plane doesn't leave Chicago. Only they don't tell you that because they don't want to lose the ticket.
Post edited April 01, 2013 by tinyE
Dude, it's not about being *right*, it's about what do you need to remain content and live a happy life. I mean, that does sound selfish, but two people need to complement each other - if they don't, something needs to change.

edit: Well unless you actually are happy with things as they are, in that case, enjoy!
Post edited April 01, 2013 by Fenixp
Fenixp: Dude, it's not about being *right*, it's about what do you need to remain content and live a happy life. I mean, that does sound selfish, but two people need to complement each other - if they don't, something needs to change.
It's April. Why is your avatar still wearing a monocle? :P
Fenixp: Dude, it's not about being *right*, it's about what do you need to remain content and live a happy life. I mean, that does sound selfish, but two people need to complement each other - if they don't, something needs to change.
tinyE: It's April. Why is your avatar still wearing a monocle? :P
Because that thing that needs to change isn't Fenixp's awesome fashion sense? ;)
I'm not doing anything for your ugly ass :-P
Fenixp: I'm not doing anything for your ugly ass :-P
But what about the ugly asses of all of the other forum members? You know, the big flabby hairy pimple ridden asses that have come together to make GOG the special place that it is; WHAT ABOUT THEM?
Curse youu, homework assignment that I just don't get. After a week of struggling with you, I'm starting to think it's best to give up on our relationship. I just can't figure out how to decrypt your crazy encryption. I'd want to, but you're making it hard for me with your endless special cases and surprise twists.
My grand attempt to convert GOG into St. Louis Caridnal fans has failed.
tinyE: My grand attempt to convert GOG into St. Louis Caridnal fans has failed.
Your lesser plan of converting GOG into a Cthulhu Cult though is proceeding quite fast. Not sure if I should be glad for it or not.
tinyE: My grand attempt to convert GOG into St. Louis Caridnal fans has failed.
JMich: Your lesser plan of converting GOG into a Cthulhu Cult though is proceeding quite fast. Not sure if I should be glad for it or not.
You just made my day friend. Thanks! :D