It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fenixp: Nobody likes cleaning dishes.
Actually I kinda do. But I have to let them stand around for some time occasionally so my GF gets that I am doing something to keep the house clean (else she accuses me of not doing anything and seems to believe that the dishes all cleaned themselves :P). Well, it obviously backfired this time. :p
Fenixp: Nobody likes cleaning dishes.
F4LL0UT: Actually I kinda do. But I have to let them stand around for some time occasionally so my GF gets that I am doing something to keep the house clean (else she accuses me of not doing anything and seems to believe that the dishes all cleaned themselves :P). Well, it obviously backfired this time. :p
That's not your GF, that's a female thing. Oh call me sexist if you want but I stand by that! I have never known a woman that would admit that a guy she knew, be it platonic or romantic, ever actually cleaned ANYTHING.
Had to wear a Holter monitor for 24 hours, just got to take it off. I may have a slight arythmia in my heart. Have to go get blood work and an echocardiogram done on Monday. Not too happy about it. Especially since my $1000 dollar deductible hasn't been met yet.

Oh well, life sucks, then you die, then life goes on. You'll be miserable if you focus on it for too long.
GameRager: (Also paper plates and plastic sporks ftw.)
I haven't bothered with those yet, but I do keep a small hoard of easy-to-clean food packing (plastic yoghurt cups, those things with minced meat in them, juice cartons) in a cupboard for those occasions when I'm too lazy, busy or sick to do the dishes. I know it seems counter-intuitive to clean things in order not to clean things later on, but some of my cookings have the adhesive properties of instant glue. Rinsing a youghurt container is way easier than trying to persuade that kind of stuff to unstick.
RCT 2! Great game but NO Six Flags Over Mid America!
I only spent most of my childhood there! Those bastards!
I just got drunk after one beer. ONE BEER. I'm really out of shape. Have to convince my buddies to go to the pub more often.

Edit: NOOOOOOOOO! I wanted to casually play some Syndicate (the original) before going to bed. I made one wrong click on the loading screen, clicked on "save" instead of "load" and my savegame is gone. It was overwritten with a new game with 0 progress. Holy friggin' shit! I should really go to bed before I do any more harm.
Post edited March 24, 2013 by F4LL0UT
F4LL0UT: I just got drunk after one beer. ONE BEER. I'm really out of shape. Have to convince my buddies to go to the pub more often.
I have seen this occur consistently to a friend of mine: one pint and he's as drunk as I would be after dunking a six-pack in the same time. Unfortunately he's the sort of person who doesn't appear particularly intoxicated but speaks all manners of stupid, vaguely plausible but simultaneously completely fucking ridiculous bullshit about how awesome his life is. If you don't share this trait, you're better off than he is.
Another post, this time about myself. tl;dr: the fantastic weekend seems to have been balanced out by today.

I spun my bike today. I've done a few unintentional slides in the winter (an one or two intentional ones), but this was a proper spinout, the sort where the front and back wheels suddenly exchange places. Luckily I ended up on the pavement where I'd intended to go anyway rather than under the bus that had been tailing me, so I just pretended I had intended to do that all along and went to do my groceries.

Did my groceries (mostly drinks, so rather heavy), got on my back, rode home, discovered that my keys were missing. As in all of them; the key to my flat (inside which were the keys to my brother's flat as well), a friend's spare key, and the key to the chain lock that was snugly locked around my hips and which I can't wiggle out of. I made my way back to the shop, didn't see the keys on the way. Amazingly, I found them on the way back with just fucking dumb luck, next to a dirty and amazingly deep puddle. If they had fallen a couple of inches further, my day would have been worse still. To all those people who saw the keys and decided not to pick them up for handing them to the police or whoever, I graciously thank you. You probably saved me several hundred euros.

This stroke of luck was somewhat balanced out about a hundred metres later, when I had my first spill of the winter. I'm okay - just some very minor road rash, will heal completely in a week or two I think - and there's hardly a scratch on the bike, so hardly the end of the world. I guess my ego took a bigger hit than anything else, but still. I need some studded tyres next winter.

EDIT: I just reread this post and realized that, all things considered, I've actually been pretty lucky today. Really, I should be thankful.
Post edited March 25, 2013 by AlKim
I just found out I've gone from a 30 to a 34 waist is just over a year.
AlKim: Did my groceries (mostly drinks, so rather heavy), got on my back, rode home, discovered that my keys were missing. As in all of them; the key to my flat (inside which were the keys to my brother's flat as well), a friend's spare key, and the key to the chain lock that was snugly locked around my hips and which I can't wiggle out of. I made my way back to the shop, didn't see the keys on the way. Amazingly, I found them on the way back with just fucking dumb luck, next to a dirty and amazingly deep puddle. If they had fallen a couple of inches further, my day would have been worse still. To all those people who saw the keys and decided not to pick them up for handing them to the police or whoever, I graciously thank you. You probably saved me several hundred euros.
------------------------
This stroke of luck was somewhat balanced out about a hundred metres later, when I had my first spill of the winter. I'm okay - just some very minor road rash, will heal completely in a week or two I think - and there's hardly a scratch on the bike, so hardly the end of the world. I guess my ego took a bigger hit than anything else, but still. I need some studded tyres next winter.
----------------------
EDIT: I just reread this post and realized that, all things considered, I've actually been pretty lucky today. Really, I should be thankful.
Alcohol is groceries? 0.o ;)

Also why 700 euros? Keys don't cost that much to replace, do they? :\
---------------------
Damn, i'm glad you're okay, then.
---------------------
Nah, be whiney like the rest of us...it relives stress and helps one build character. :D
GameRager: Alcohol is groceries? 0.o ;)
I drink drinks that are not alcohol every once in a while. It's good for you, you should try it out.
Also why 700 euros? Keys don't cost that much to replace, do they? :\
Several hundred, not seven. I think the company that actually owns my flat and who I pay rent to would have insisted on replacing the entire lock because that's the kind of regime they like to run. Add the cost of probably changing the lock of my friend's flat (unless they were comfortable with their spare key being in the hands of a stranger) and you might be looking at quite a bill. I haven't had any use for a locksmith so far, but I'd imagine employing one and buying a new lock for them to install isn't a cheap affair.
AlKim: Several hundred, not seven. I think the company that actually owns my flat and who I pay rent to would have insisted on replacing the entire lock because that's the kind of regime they like to run. Add the cost of probably changing the lock of my friend's flat (unless they were comfortable with their spare key being in the hands of a stranger) and you might be looking at quite a bill. I haven't had any use for a locksmith so far, but I'd imagine employing one and buying a new lock for them to install isn't a cheap affair.
Well that sucks....if I ever lose my keys I just get replacements(Unless i'm sure that whoever finds them is gonna know who I am/where I live.).
===========
General bitching: I completed the original Doom3 gameplay in the BFG Edition and found out that several things I know I did(Like beating the bosses and beating the bloody game.) didn't register their achievements. Not the end of the world, I know, but it tend to grate on my nerves(as I have OCD). :\

(While I played it would say achievements disabled even though I never accessed the console[usually this happened when picking up PDAs/vid logs/etc.]. I usually reloaded a previous save and hoped this would allow me to keep getting achievements, but nooooooooo. Dammit Steam, if you're gonna put achievements in games then make sure the system bloody works. 9____9)
GameRager: General bitching: I completed the original Doom3 gameplay in the BFG Edition and found out that several things I know I did(Like beating the bosses and beating the bloody game.) didn't register their achievements. Not the end of the world, I know, but it tend to grate on my nerves(as I have OCD). :\
I did some achievement hunting in Heart of the Swarm to get more out of the single player campaign, and they had a server hiccup just as I got to level 70 (max level) which should give an achievement, but with the hiccup it didn't register, so I decided to reload and re-get it, but that didn't work and apparently I'd have to restart from the very beginning to get that one now :p
GameRager: General bitching: I completed the original Doom3 gameplay in the BFG Edition and found out that several things I know I did(Like beating the bosses and beating the bloody game.) didn't register their achievements. Not the end of the world, I know, but it tend to grate on my nerves(as I have OCD). :\
Adzeth: I did some achievement hunting in Heart of the Swarm to get more out of the single player campaign, and they had a server hiccup just as I got to level 70 (max level) which should give an achievement, but with the hiccup it didn't register, so I decided to reload and re-get it, but that didn't work and apparently I'd have to restart from the very beginning to get that one now :p
Yeah, at least on XBOX/PS3 my triphies/cheevos resgister as they should.
tinyE: I just found out I've gone from a 30 to a 34 waist is just over a year.
Sir,might I interest you in this thread?