It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GameRager: I'm pretty sure someone made a thread where one could/can list all the good things going on in their life. I forget the title, though.
DieRuhe: I think I may have made one a while ago, but that died pretty quickly. Apparently bitching is more satisfying. :-)
I think it's partially because people seem to like to complain about their lives[and get replies & advice from well wishers] while reading about troubles that might be worse than their own. It's like the online equivalent of a support group. ;)

I was actually talking about a totally different thread(titled something like "Tell us about the good things in your life general").
Post edited February 21, 2013 by GameRager
On topic: I really LOATHE the bloody scanner Shepard has to walk through each time he enters/leaves the War Room in ME3. The scanners on the citadel are near instant, but the bloody one on the bloody ship takes 3-4 seconds to cycle.
GameRager: On topic: I really LOATHE the bloody scanner Shepard has to walk through each time he enters/leaves the War Room in ME3. The scanners on the citadel are near instant, but the bloody one on the bloody ship takes 3-4 seconds to cycle.
WOW, you must really hate flying in real life then.
langurmonkey: WOW, you must really hate flying in real life then.
I have never flown before, actually(can't afford the insane ticket prices).
GameRager: I have never flown before, actually(can't afford the insane ticket prices).
Yeah, the prices are insane nowadays. Well imagine an experience 1000 times worse than entering and exiting the war room in ME3. :)
langurmonkey: Yeah, the prices are insane nowadays. Well imagine an experience 1000 times worse than entering and exiting the war room in ME3. :)
It probably is, but I don't have to endure that(thankfully). I DO have to endure this, though.
GameRager: On topic: I really LOATHE the bloody scanner Shepard has to walk through each time he enters/leaves the War Room in ME3. The scanners on the citadel are near instant, but the bloody one on the bloody ship takes 3-4 seconds to cycle.
You're still allowed to ask for a normal pat down, I always do and the TSA has always been excruciatingly polite about it, to the point of bordering on the ridiculous. It takes no longer at all.
langurmonkey: Yeah, the prices are insane nowadays. Well imagine an experience 1000 times worse than entering and exiting the war room in ME3. :)
GameRager: It probably is, but I don't have to endure that(thankfully). I DO have to endure this, though.
I assumed doors and scanners and any trope like that is merely to mask the level loading times. Am I wrong?
Post edited February 21, 2013 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: I assumed doors and scanners and any trope like that is merely to mask the level loading times. Am I wrong?
The ship is divided by decks, and the deck the war room is on is small. There shouldn't be any need to use that kind of mechanic in this case, imo. (Actually, I think they do it to add a cool factor to that area[When you get scanned one door closes behind you while the one in front opens] more than anything else. The same scanners are on the citadel in some areas and they're instant.)
----------------
Addition: They also cut the resource gathering in ME3, and there's hardly any ground vehicle exploration/combat. The game is good in other ways/overall, but why do the devs. of Mass Effect always take away fun elements of the previous games while adding new ones? :\
orcishgamer: You're still allowed to ask for a normal pat down, I always do and the TSA has always been excruciatingly polite about it, to the point of bordering on the ridiculous. It takes no longer at all.
GameRager: It probably is, but I don't have to endure that(thankfully). I DO have to endure this, though.
orcishgamer: I assumed doors and scanners and any trope like that is merely to mask the level loading times. Am I wrong?
waiting in line, putting all your stuff in plastic box to be scanned, taking off your shoes so they can scan it, then walking through scanners and getting a pat down, takes more than 3 to 4 seconds. Then at the next airport, you have to go through the same thing depending on your trip. I don't find it so bad but I imagine it would be hell for GameRager considering he hates waiting 3 to 4 seconds while playing ME3.
Post edited February 21, 2013 by langurmonkey
langurmonkey: waiting in line, putting all your stuff in plastic box to be scanned, taking off your shoes so they can scan it, then walking through scanners and getting a pat down, takes more than 3 to 4 seconds. Then at the next airport, you have to go through the same thing depending on your trip.
I'm assuming the re-checking is done if you hop from city to city on connecting flights. If they do it on direct flights i'd say that's a tad excessive.
langurmonkey: waiting in line, putting all your stuff in plastic box to be scanned, taking off your shoes so they can scan it, then walking through scanners and getting a pat down, takes more than 3 to 4 seconds. Then at the next airport, you have to go through the same thing depending on your trip.
GameRager: I'm assuming the re-checking is done if you hop from city to city on connecting flights. If they do it on direct flights i'd say that's a tad excessive.
Correct.
orcishgamer: You're still allowed to ask for a normal pat down, I always do and the TSA has always been excruciatingly polite about it, to the point of bordering on the ridiculous. It takes no longer at all.

I assumed doors and scanners and any trope like that is merely to mask the level loading times. Am I wrong?
langurmonkey: waiting in line, putting all your stuff in plastic box to be scanned, taking off your shoes so they can scan it, then walking through scanners and getting a pat down, takes more than 3 to 4 seconds. Then at the next airport, you have to go through the same thing depending on your trip. I don't find it so bad but I imagine it would be hell for GameRager considering he hates waiting 3 to 4 seconds while playing ME3.
If you don't leave the secure zone (which is easy since there's plenty of stores and services inside them) you can hop as many times as you need without re-doing either the pat down or body scanner.

Also, when you do the pat down you get to skip much of that long ass line, so no, it really is about the same time. I've done it on business trips and watched my compatriots get through about the same time as me.
langurmonkey: Correct.
I don't get why they don't just create an ez-pass style express checkpoint system for those deemed "safe"(Heck, they have a do no fly list, so why not have a "this guy/gal doesn't need to be scanned or check so much" list? :\).
GameRager: I'm assuming the re-checking is done if you hop from city to city on connecting flights. If they do it on direct flights i'd say that's a tad excessive.
No, he's absolutely wrong, even in fucking massive airports you can walk for a solid mile and still be in the secure zone.
langurmonkey: Correct.
GameRager: I don't get why they don't just create an ez-pass style express checkpoint system for those deemed "safe"(Heck, they have a do no fly list, so why not have a "this guy/gal doesn't need to be scanned or check so much" list? :\).
There is one. You sign up and do a bunch of "I voluntarily sacrifice my privacy" crap and you get to go through the express lane.
Post edited February 21, 2013 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: No, he's absolutely wrong, even in fucking massive airports you can walk for a solid mile and still be in the secure zone.
If one leaves the secure zone then I assume they do make you get re-checked, though.
orcishgamer: There is one. You sign up and do a bunch of "I voluntarily sacrifice my privacy" crap and you get to go through the express lane.
What do they check into, and how fast is the express process vs. the regular ones?