It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WHY CAN I NOT HAZ ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY GAMES FOR ALL?!
KylieM: WHY CAN I NOT HAZ ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY GAMES FOR ALL?!
I wish I could be a billionaire so I could give away a bazillion games here...
KylieM: WHY CAN I NOT HAZ ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY GAMES FOR ALL?!
Roman5: I wish I could be a billionaire so I could give away a bazillion games here...
Or be a millionaire and wait for a promo! Lol
Going to be 43C tomorrow. Holyshite :(
Thunderstone:
KylieM: Sorry about your cat Thunderstone.. :-(
Thank you
In the middle of the fucking winter my 15 month old combi gas boiler gave out. No fucking heating for 3 days, because they have to import the piece that broke, and they want 800PLN [260USD] for it. Also, the piece of shit has a 12 month guarantee peroid, guess what just ended. And tomorrow the temperatures are supposed to drop. Fuck. FUCK!
I'd like to bitch about girls like Aliasalpha who pretend to be guys that are pretending to be girls.
Roman5: I wish I could be a billionaire so I could give away a bazillion games here...
KylieM: Or be a millionaire and wait for a promo! Lol
that made me chuckle, thank you
I fell off the wagon again. I'm back on and there doesn't appear to be any perminate damage but there are few things that will make you feel more worthless than being an addict.
I'm so glad my 5th grader has another frustrating (for her, and me trying to help her with it) algebra problem for homework.
5th fucking grade. Fuck. I have god damned work to do.
Post edited January 07, 2013 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: I'm so glad my 5th grader has another frustrating (for her, and me trying to help her with it)
algebra problem for homework.
Google? :P
Post edited January 07, 2013 by KylieM
orcishgamer: I'm so glad my 5th grader has another frustrating (for her, and me trying to help her with it)
algebra problem for homework.
KylieM: Google? :P
I know how to do the math, I'm trying to help her understand what boils down to an algebra
concept... while she's in 5th grade. I find this kind of annoying. Also I asked politely but
Google refused to do my job for me;)
Post edited January 07, 2013 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: I know how to do the math, I'm trying to help her understand what boils down to an algebra
concept... while she's in 5th grade. I find this kind of annoying. Also I asked politely but
I know I was just kidding, sorry.

I did a bit of teaching a few years ago, what kind of question is it? (a bloody annoying one from the sound of it lol)
high rated
orcishgamer: I know how to do the math, I'm trying to help her understand what boils down to an algebra
5th. grade seems early, damn.

At that age, it wouldn't make sense to treat an equation philosophically, as in the mathematical representation of Yin and Yang concepts, but a good time to make sure she understands inverse relationships between the basic +,-,/, x.

For a 5th grader, best to make a joke of it, ie: 6x=18 x being any variable. x likes to fart in class, and everyone wants to get away from mister x (isolate the variable.) Since 6 is a factor of x, and wants to get away, the only way he can do so, is to divide himself out from each side, now mister x is alone. Reduce the 18/6, and you've found the mysterious gas passer, 3.

Just a goofy idea, but I used to use some strange tricks to get things into my sons' heads :-)

Edit to add: If more complex, order of operations and rules of integers should be addressed as well.
Post edited January 07, 2013 by Dischord
KylieM: I know I was just kidding, sorry.
I did a bit of teaching a few years ago, what kind of question is it? (a bloody annoying one from the
sound of it lol)
What three numbers between 1 and 10 make the following statement true?

______ X _______ X _________ = 105

What is the question asking?

Underline or circle the parts of the question that might help you solve it.

How do you plan to solve the problem?

Try to solve the problem using the space below (about half the page):

What was the answer to the problem?

Most of her math homework is a similarly structured, single problem, not all of them have this much to do with algebra, but many of them have, as well as fairly advanced geometry concepts, etc.