It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dischord: (removed for space)
While I haven't experienced anything like what you describe, I sort of empathize. Last year at Thanksgiving I made a turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, yams, etc. I divided up the food into various plastic containers to give to people. Yet, when I was going around, almost everyone refused because the food wasn't canned or factory sealed. Apparently some people in my area have been poisoned before from food donated by strangers. I ended up going home with most of the food since only two or three out of 15+ people would accept it.

It makes me sad, and I don't hold it against them for being suspicious. It's just so unfortunate that people seem to be growing more paranoid, for reasons that are justified but regrettable. It makes it harder to do something nice.
Post edited December 23, 2012 by mondo84
high rated
Dischord: (removed for space)
mondo84: While I haven't experienced anything like what you describe, I sort of empathize. Last year at Thanksgiving I made a turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, yams, etc. I divided up the food into various plastic containers to give to people. Yet, when I was going around, almost everyone refused because the food wasn't canned or factory sealed. Apparently some people in my area have been poisoned before from food donated by strangers. I ended up going home with most of the food since only two or three out of 15+ people would accept it.

It makes me sad, and I don't hold it against them for being suspicious. It's just so unfortunate that people seem to be growing more paranoid, for reasons that are justified but regrettable. It makes it harder to do something nice.
Perhaps it's just a matter of need at times.

If someone really needed, they'd be more than happy to accept what you offered, but then again, there is the matter of trust.

I am sure I get that too, as their life is fairly complicated by predators that regularly stalk their environment.

Since I grew up in the area, way back, I kind of understand and relate, and most of them know too, that I must be watched, but not messed with.

The irrational are my grief, the untrusting yours.

It seems you have a very good heart, just be careful, as the irrational pop up everywhere, and it seems even more often than they used to.

Merry Christmas, and best of luck in what you are doing.
I hate when Licurg makes a post and then somebody says "I'm surprised you aren't talking about sacrifice!!!" or somebody just mentions one and somebody has to mention the other.....he barely even talks about it and the whole thing is blown out of proportion. It got old after the first 10 babbabababillion times

so hey everybody shut up about Licurg and Sacrifice already.
Post edited December 24, 2012 by CaptainGyro
CaptainGyro: I hate when Licurg makes a post and then somebody says "I'm surprised you aren't talking about sacrifice!!!" or somebody just mentions one and somebody has to mention the other.....he barely even talks about it and the whole thing is blown out of proportion. It got old after the first 10 babbabababillion times

I'm sorry . :(
Well, unfortunately the world didn't end so I had to do my Christmas shopping today. Stupid Mayans.
CaptainGyro: I hate when Licurg makes a post and then somebody says "I'm surprised you aren't talking about sacrifice!!!" or somebody just mentions one and somebody has to mention the other.....he barely even talks about it and the whole thing is blown out of proportion. It got old after the first 10 babbabababillion times

ne_zavarj: I'm sorry . :(
Now I just feel like a jerk
CaptainGyro: Now I just feel like a jerk
cheer up
Elenarie: ...
Well, apparently I didn't do too bad.

Reading: 29/30, Listening: 29/30, Speaking: 19/30, Writing: 27/30.

Now, off to send in applications at few universities in WE and NE, hopefully, I'll be able to get in a good one with a good scholarship.

lol i doubt he minds
Protoss: Was operated today. Now my toe hurts badly. Good thing is, if this goes well, my permanent pain will probably be gone.

EDIT: Just as I write the pain is mostly gone. So I wrote for nothing...
Hey man, that's big, congrats!
aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhh I screwed up my spending again this month, so sorry peeps the extra giveways may be a tad sparse until the middle of Jan.
Protoss: Was operated today. Now my toe hurts badly. Good thing is, if this goes well, my permanent pain will probably be gone.

EDIT: Just as I write the pain is mostly gone. So I wrote for nothing...
orcishgamer: Hey man, that's big, congrats!
Thanks! After a few days, still some of the pain remains on the toe that was there before, but the majority finally is gone. Maybe I will need some kind of chiropractical help (is there any available for toes, I wonder?) because I always avoided touching the ground with the toe and now it is... in an unnatural position a bit, i.e. slightly raised. But apart from that, I get a whole lot better.

djranis: lol i doubt he minds
I know he doesn't mind....I wasn't saying it to stick up for him. I just think it's kinda dumb and has been beaten to death. And before somebody asks "what are you ? The message board police/quality control? " I am going to say yes...I am.
Post edited December 25, 2012 by CaptainGyro
lethargy :(

burned out
Post edited December 25, 2012 by ne_zavarj
Lack of motivation