It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time for a bitch.

I knew I had an exam this week, but I wasn't sure about the day. I checked my calendar. Friday. Cool, I had a lot of other work this week, but I knew I could study today and tomorrow and do fine. Walk to class. Everyone has an exam booklet. Prof hands me my booklet. I realize I must have written the date wrong. Start to worry, but I knew that since I attended every lecture I should be ok. Except not. Every single question was some fiddly nonsense about publication dates and miniscule details I had no chance of remembering without studying a few hours the night before. So I'm completely blank on this midterm. Hand in an empty booklet ten minutes into the hour.

So pissed. Walk home and open my folder, where I check the syllabus. According to the syllabus, the fucking exam date is Friday, just like I wrote down. Evidently it was changed, but we weren't emailed, notified through the course website or even reminded in lectures. Found out it was changed during the week I missed classes for my grandfather's funeral. Apparently when I asked the prof what I missed, that detail wasn't important enough to mention.

So now I get a zero, which drops my mark by 30%. I can get a C+ maximum for this class, which is a BS elective I was forced into by the university fucking up my requirements. I'm normally pretty much a straight A student, but a C+ brings my mark down enough to lower my GPA and make me lose my $16,000 a year scholarship. Now I can't afford to attend school next year, which would have been my graduation year. Entire career future ruined in one morning. Yep.
Well, I was gonna vent...

But after reading some of these; I'm doing quite well. Thanks
*Sigh*

Tonight is my annual bath.
Cambrey: *Sigh*

Tonight is my annual bath.
Ooh congrats!

Seriously, tell all the old ladies in Lyons when you see them, "Perfume is not a substitute for bathing." for me please:) Yes, I was traumatized, very sadly.
Post edited February 17, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: Yes, I was traumatized, very sadly.
What the heck were you doing with old ladies, anyway!
orcishgamer: Yes, I was traumatized, very sadly.
Cambrey: What the heck were you doing with old ladies, anyway!
Tripping over them, mostly, they're everywhere! Luckily a lot of them liked bright red wigs, yes, the same thing we usually consider "clown hair" over here, so you could avoid them if you were paying attention:)
Why do women always run to fuck someone else after a breakup? It makes getting back together so much more difficult.
StingingVelvet: Why do women always run to fuck someone else after a breakup? It makes getting back together so much more difficult.
Why not do the same yourself?
StingingVelvet: Why do women always run to fuck someone else after a breakup? It makes getting back together so much more difficult.
Primate: Why not do the same yourself?
'Cause I'm not really into casual stuff anymore and it's was way too soon for me to seek another relationship.
cos that is the whole purpose of their existence - being fukable, and they need constant approval of being that, until climax hits lol, or in other cases they are simply horny.
lettmon: cos that is the whole purpose of their existence - being fukable, and they need constant approval of being that, until climax hits lol, or in other cases they are simply horny.
Blunt but roughly accurate. It's about more than sex, I think... feeling wanted, a distraction from the breakup pain, not feeling alone and single. I get all that, she has explained it all, it's just still hard to get the images out of your head when you start talking again.
This is one of those "I really, really hate Finland" days. As almost always, it's the weather.

It's +1C outside and it's snowing. For those of you who haven't had to deal with snow, it basically means that the snow is very dense. Great for snowball fights, but makes traffic a nightmare. The problem gets worse because it's snowed pretty much round the clock, so any attempts to plough the white shit away have been meaningless. I woke up at 8:30 to the sound of a snow plough grinding away. When I got out a few hours later to buy some paper and an eraser the ploughed area was covered in ten centimeters of snow. I tried to trawl through on my bicycle, hoping that most of the way would be cleared recently. It wasn't. On a two-kilometre journey I worked up a real sweat, not to mention being blinded by snow melting on my glasses and pelting my eyes like a sandstorm. I didn't even make it to the shop; I just gave up and turned back.

Also, my bike's got derailleur gears which, predictably, packed up with snow. This wasn't a problem, but because it's so warm outside I know that they're likely to freeze over during the night. I therefore had to get indoors, lift my bathroom door off its hinges so that the bike fits inside without a three-hour struggle, get back outside and get the bike inside - which is pretty difficult when you're alone and the door is self-shutting.

I really, really hate Finland.
Snowing like crazy here today too, with temps below 0. Just took a cold shower in it too.

I don't hate Georgia, but I am eager to go home.

In 4 months :(
StingingVelvet: Snowing like crazy here today too, with temps below 0. Just took a cold shower in it too.

I don't hate Georgia, but I am eager to go home.

In 4 months :(
Wait, you only get to spend the cold months over there? What a rip!

Dude, you have to figure out how to spend at least one summer month past your stay. Buy a backpack and stay in hostels if you have to. You'll be missing something, I've never been to Georgia, but the difference between someplace like Lausanne between winter and summer is almost magical. You go into the mountains and you'll think you're in some sort of fantasy land. Do it. DO IT!
AlKim: I really, really hate Finland.
You know I had a friend who spent a year on school exchange there. He really did say everyone drinks Vodka, all the time, because the weather is so severe. You actually have a pretty nice country, but I've looked at the average summer highs and I'm not sure I could do it, either. Maybe you have one coastal city with awesome weather somewhere that I don't know about?

Also, when I was in Switzerland I could always spot the Finnish chicks a mile away. Think that sever librarian look, with the pursed lips and looking like they're slightly uncomfortable/disapproving. What's up with that?
Post edited February 19, 2012 by orcishgamer
AlKim: This is one of those "I really, really hate Finland" days. As almost always, it's the weather.

It's +1C outside and it's snowing. For those of you who haven't had to deal with snow, it basically means that the snow is very dense. Great for snowball fights, but makes traffic a nightmare. The problem gets worse because it's snowed pretty much round the clock, so any attempts to plough the white shit away have been meaningless. I woke up at 8:30 to the sound of a snow plough grinding away. When I got out a few hours later to buy some paper and an eraser the ploughed area was covered in ten centimeters of snow. I tried to trawl through on my bicycle, hoping that most of the way would be cleared recently. It wasn't. On a two-kilometre journey I worked up a real sweat, not to mention being blinded by snow melting on my glasses and pelting my eyes like a sandstorm. I didn't even make it to the shop; I just gave up and turned back.

Also, my bike's got derailleur gears which, predictably, packed up with snow. This wasn't a problem, but because it's so warm outside I know that they're likely to freeze over during the night. I therefore had to get indoors, lift my bathroom door off its hinges so that the bike fits inside without a three-hour struggle, get back outside and get the bike inside - which is pretty difficult when you're alone and the door is self-shutting.

I really, really hate Finland.
In Britain, we complain if it rains, and it rains all year round. It doesn't rain especially often or especially hard, but every time it happens, everyone moans. It's just the British thing to do. So imagine the complaints when it snows!

If we could harness the power of British moaning, we could solve all the world's energy problems.