It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

orcishgamer: How far are you willing to move? The west coast isn't bad right now (I'm not 100% sure about Seattle, but I think it's doing better too). If you're willing to bunk with college kids (especially people earning graduate degrees) you could save up a bit of dough over the short term.
Vagabond: I'd move anywhere, really. But I'd like to get at least some money to my name first before I commit myself to that. Hoping to get a year's worth saved up then go looking for a real job.
Best of luck:)
Vagabond: Been applying for jobs and only one interview so far. Pressure from parents make the situation even more uncomfortable. I've been graduated for a month... is that a long time to not have a job?
Depends on economy (its not bad here, but im having trouble finding a decent job - out of work for a month) etc. graduate positions normally very competitive (at least over here in Australia), but since you majored in philosophy??. Hmm.. month is not long mate Try 6 months...:)..
I had a pair of wishom teeth removed last week. The upper socket was left as it was, but the lower one (the more difficult of the two) was sealed by a few stitches. Turns out that they aren't very durable. Going to call my dentist first thing in the morning.
AlKim: I had a pair of wishom teeth removed last week. The upper socket was left as it was, but the lower one (the more difficult of the two) was sealed by a few stitches. Turns out that they aren't very durable. Going to call my dentist first thing in the morning.
Hows the wound? When I had mine done (coincidently the day I first started this thread), the dissolving sutures did start to losen & dissolve at the 1 week point but the wound was basically closed up by then, not fully healed but definitely stopped bleeding and was well on the way to being healed
AlKim: I had a pair of wishom teeth removed last week. The upper socket was left as it was, but the lower one (the more difficult of the two) was sealed by a few stitches. Turns out that they aren't very durable. Going to call my dentist first thing in the morning.
Aliasalpha: Hows the wound? When I had mine done (coincidently the day I first started this thread), the dissolving sutures did start to losen & dissolve at the 1 week point but the wound was basically closed up by then, not fully healed but definitely stopped bleeding and was well on the way to being healed
I was told it would take two to three weeks for the sutures to dissolve. Now, on the phone, it turned out that this was untrue and that one to two weeks, or less than one week in some cases, would be completely normal. Since there's no pain, bleeding or visible inflammation, I was told to just ignore it.
great... at first my employer doesn't pay me for almost 3 months and when I finally get my money suddenly I do have to pay slightly more taxes. AAARGH.
itti: great... at first my employer doesn't pay me for almost 3 months and when I finally get my money suddenly I do have to pay slightly more taxes. AAARGH.
It would of been nice if you shared the name of your employer or at least described your employer a little bit if you didn't want to say a name. :).
Post edited February 02, 2012 by macuahuitlgog
I have surgery in 8 hours. I hate hospitals, spend too long in them and to add to it ill be a grumpy cause I'm not allowed to have my morning tea
itti: great... at first my employer doesn't pay me for almost 3 months and when I finally get my money suddenly I do have to pay slightly more taxes. AAARGH.
Don't you guys have strict employment laws and don't they screw over employers like that? As for the taxes, I assume they're simply witholdings, you'll be assessed the actual, fair rate at the end of the tax year, right?
reaver894: I have surgery in 8 hours. I hate hospitals, spend too long in them and to add to it ill be a grumpy cause I'm not allowed to have my morning tea
Cheer up mate :). Things could be worse....u might have a long stay and get stuck with hospital food :P
reaver894: I have surgery in 8 hours. I hate hospitals, spend too long in them and to add to it ill be a grumpy cause I'm not allowed to have my morning tea
nijuu: Cheer up mate :). Things could be worse....u might have a long stay and get stuck with hospital food :P
Really wish I hadn't logged on to see that.
I sometimes feel this tremendous pain inside of me when I think about my ex-girlfriend.
It has now been 6 months since we broke up, but sometimes it still gets me. Besides she does not talk to me or anything, which makes it kind of worse.

Sometimes I want to relive our mutual time.
So, tomorrow I wanted to visit a boardgaming convention with a friend and I even told my boss that I won't go to work on Saturday. Today he told me that noone of my pathetic excuses of colleagues did not want to go to work instead of me.

So now I am pissed off, because we can go there only for half the time we wanted. Also I have vowed that if anyone would want me to go work on Saturday instead of him, I'll tell him to GTFO.
orcishgamer: Don't you guys have strict employment laws and don't they screw over employers like that? As for the taxes, I assume they're simply witholdings, you'll be assessed the actual, fair rate at the end of the tax year, right?
Yeah we do have very strict and unnecessarily complicated employment laws. Apparently even all these laws do not protect you from employers that straight out lie to you about whether they have the money to pay you. Law-wise you have the ability to get the last three not payed salaries directly from the state if your employer finally declares bankruptcy. If that's not the case you have to go to court. In both cases you are guaranteed to be waiting a few additional months to finally see your money.

When I still was a working student all these laws didn't apply to me. Back then I was able to quickly find work and even do some freelancing without any hassle.

Regarding the tax stuff you're probably right. On top of that it's basically the case that as long as you don't earn a lot of money or if you know all these little tricks and tweaks for your tax declaration you'll basically get a big portion of your taxes back at some time. At least that's what people tell me, I haven't been employed long enough "for real" to know how this will turn out eventually.

macuahuitlgog: It would of been nice if you shared the name of your employer or at least described your employer a little bit if you didn't want to say a name. :).
I'm still employed there so it probably is against my contract to bad mouth my employer in public. ;)

I do know that we don't hire at the moment so there shouldn't be any more "victims" in the future.
Post edited February 03, 2012 by itti
itti: I'm still employed there so it probably is against my contract to bad mouth my employer in public. ;)

I do know that we don't hire at the moment so there shouldn't be any more "victims" in the future.
Better safe than sorry. :)