It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timppu: I know, it was only 5 euros, but I could have used that money to buy some GoG game instead. Oh well, one more game to the shelf, at least I have an extra copy now...
AlKim: You could minimise your losses by sticking it on huuto.net or trade it in when you buy something from a second-hand shop. That's what I do to games that I no longer want.
Yeah, but pretty much all stores are selling that same Warchest compilation for 4.90€ new (and I was stupid enough to already open the package, I put the receipt inside), so what would I get selling it, maybe 1-2 bucks? Unless someone doesn't know the real value, which in turn would make me feel bad for him.

Nah, I'll try the multiplayer once with some friend at some point, and then I can conclude it was money well spent. :) I think I'll get over this personal miniature tragedy.
Oh I love seeing my relationship falling into the "no-sex" oblivion. We're barely a year together and I already feel like a fifteen years old marriage. Sex once every two weeks, sex once every three weeks. I had sex two times in August, oooh yeah. My best friend who is currently single gets laid 5 times more often than I do :/
AlKim: Makes me grateful for living in Finland, since I'm going to have all of my wisdom teeth removed for next to no money at all. I would probably get rid of them in any case, since at least two of them are growing literally sideways, and I occasionally get a really weird feeling in my jaw. It's more annoying and uncomfortable than painful, but no way I'm going to put up with it for the rest of my life.
timppu: Good luck trying, hope you succeed. Depends also on the municipality.

I had problems with my wisdom teeth many years ago, and luckily I was able to get a time for a checkup in municipal dentist (an important hint! When they ask you in the phone "Does it hurt?", remember to answer "Yes, very much! It is unbearable!!! Ouchie...", regardless of whether it is true or not. Otherwise they will offer you a time in maybe your next life or the one after that.).

Anyway, they agreed that maybe something needs to be done especially with the lower wisdom teeth, but tried to persuade me "Actually you should go to a private clinic...". When I asked why, they couldn't tell. Seems to me they were just told by their bosses to tell people to go to private (especially if they see in the papers that you are not unemployed or "poor"), but I pay my heavy taxes and know my rights, damn it!

Anyway, I got a time for municipal clinic, all four wisdom teeth were taken out in two phases, first two from right, and a few weeks later two from the left. The lower ones needed surgery, they had to be cut out in pieces.

Anyway, I do not want to think what it would have cost me if I had had to go to private clinic.
Your country has good health and dental care. Here in the USA, there is no public assistance for dental care that I'm aware of. If you don't have the money, no one cares. We are on our own. There might be assistance for children, but not for adults. The USA has become "every man for himself" society.

timppu: It feels stupid to bitch because many others seem to have so bigger problems, but still:

Today I thought I saw a sweeeet deal in a store: Medal of Honor Allied Assault Warchest (budget release) with both expansion packs, for mere 4.90€! I couldn't possibly pass that, good old FPS compilation for a couple of bucks!

http://www.mobygames.com/game/medal-of-honor-allied-assault-war-chest

...except that when I returned home, I realized I had bought "Medal of Honor: 10th Anniversary" compilation maybe two months ago for around 9.90€, which already includes all the games in the Warchest.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/medal-of-honor-10th-anniversary

God damn it, I sure hate it when the publishers are able to trick me into buying the same game several times! I think the reason was that I got mixed up with Medal of Honor and Call of Duty games, ie. I though the "10th Anniversary" I already had was for CoD games or something, because certainly the stores would not sell such overlapping compilations, right...? Damn, should have checked!

I know, it was only 5 euros, but I could have used that money to buy some GoG game instead. Oh well, one more game to the shelf, at least I have an extra copy now...

There is one CD game that I've bought twice in purpose many many years ago: Rage of Mages. IIRC, I originally bought the European version from some bargain bin, but then I read somewhere the Euro version has some unfixed game killing bug that makes that game impossible to be completed. Thus, when I later saw the US version also on some shelf, I bought it too. Since then I've had two separate physical copies of Rage of Mages (US and Euro version), no idea if the game is really worth that kind of special treatment.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/rage-of-mages
Can't you return it with the receipt? As long as you did not open it, most stores will give you a refund.
Post edited August 28, 2011 by Heretic777
Thanks to everyone for responding to my bitching.

My family returned from their trip (that I had to skip due to school & teeth), and my mom saw me going for ibuprofen to dull the pain. She pried what happened while they were gone out, so I told her about the infection spreading and the body pain.

So more likely then not, now that she knows my teeth are actually affecting my health, I'll have them taken care of. I can hem and haw about price and our situation, but if it's going to concern her that I'm sacrificing my health to save money, then there's no real point.
Hawk52: Thanks to everyone for responding to my bitching.
I most certainly do not consider what you wrote/did as "bitching".....
Hawk52: Thanks to everyone for responding to my bitching.
FiatLux: I most certainly do not consider what you wrote/did as "bitching".....
Honestly, I conditioned myself to believe any type of complaining or expressing emotions or issues is a thing you shouldn't do. That's part of the reason why I try to work through injuries and health issues like i do.

I realize now it's far more healthy to actually talk to people about issues. But until I started posting in this forum, I really never expressed my problems or distress to others.
Hawk52: But there's only so much you can do being stubborn. If the pain gets to be too much or I start having serious health related issues, there isn't much I can do but have it done. :(
FiatLux: I absolutely understand , and I think that you "act bravely" for the sake of your family.
But two things :
1) Long term pain and stress may actually give you other ailments .
2) Though having your tooth problem fixed may be a strain on your familys economy then however IF YOU have the attitude that family is a unit then you should understand that if "you breaks more down" because of pain then your family is in a worse situation, and also if you are in a good shape/condition then you are also much better able to GIVE BACK to your family SHOULD YOU desire to do so !!!!!
Long term pain will actually negatively affect you, eventually you'll become a person that isn't nearly as kind or nurturing as you otherwise might be. I'd tell you get your work done if you're in pain, if you'e healthy you' ll be much more likely to be able to deal with any financial hardship this causes you. Do not grin and bear it, it won't work in the long run no matter how tough you are.

As well, as regards expensive dental work, I've been advised by a dentist to always seek a second opinion (or even third) before deciding. It's pretty easy to be wrong in dental and not all dentists are as tuned in to your benefit as opposed to their own. You may have much less expensive and acceptable options available to you if you ask a couple practitioners.
FiatLux: I most certainly do not consider what you wrote/did as "bitching".....
Hawk52: Honestly, I conditioned myself to believe any type of complaining or expressing emotions or issues is a thing you shouldn't do. That's part of the reason why I try to work through injuries and health issues like i do.

I realize now it's far more healthy to actually talk to people about issues. But until I started posting in this forum, I really never expressed my problems or distress to others.
You are correct, your former attitude is generally unhealthy, good on you for working on changing it:)
Post edited August 28, 2011 by orcishgamer
/bitching_start

My knee hurts again... :( I have an Osgood-Schlatter-like disorder on both knees, much more 'developed' on the right one... No treatment for this, except surgery which is also known to be risky and sometimes unsuccessful (and not to mention, costly).

Most of the times, the pain really distracts me, and affects my mood.

/bitching_end
KavazovAngel: /bitching_start

My knee hurts again... :( I have an Osgood-Schlatter-like disorder on both knees, much more 'developed' on the right one... No treatment for this, except surgery which is also known to be risky and sometimes unsuccessful (and not to mention, costly).

/bitching_end
Are painkillers, such as Tramadol, available to you (via a doctor or something)? They can be pretty effective for managing pain and longterm you will be very functional on them (95% at worst), less than the dysfunction caused bu chronic pain generally. I'm sorry to hear that, chronic pain is extremely wearing on you. Take care of yourself physically and mentally to deal with it.
Hawk52: {Tooth Infection Problems}
About two years ago I had the same exact problem as you...I have never experienced worse pain than when my wisdom tooth was infected, big old hole in the middle and sometimes bleeding too...Well, I waited too...The pain would go away for awhile and then it would come back, and each time was stronger and worse...Until it got so bad I literally could not think of anything else, all there was, was pain...It will never go away until that puppy is gone...I remember watching on TV how they believe that, who was it King Tut of Egypt? Well one of their pharaohs anyway died from such an infection...I understand your money woes, but, know that the longer you wait the more it will cost and the more teeth will have to be pulled (I lost two for instance instead of just one because of my stubbornness). It stinks all around, but, it's best you get that out...So anyways, I would definitely recommend you go to that dentist as soon as you can. Really, I believe that is the only way, it will cost less that way in the end.
orcishgamer: Are painkillers, such as Tramadol, available to you (via a doctor or something)? They can be pretty effective for managing pain and longterm you will be very functional on them (95% at worst), less than the dysfunction caused bu chronic pain generally. I'm sorry to hear that, chronic pain is extremely wearing on you. Take care of yourself physically and mentally to deal with it.
Haven't really tried any painkillers yet, most of the times it would hurt badly for a few hours or so, and then the pain will go away, until the next day when I tire the knee again... so it has been somewhat bearable, just the last few months have been bad since I've been helping my dad with his work, which is really physically demanding sometimes (geodesy / geomatics related stuff).

I've been off sporting for quite a while now, it has probably been a few years since I last played football / basketball... I can deal with it most of the times, but sometimes it really gets me down... Not being able to even take a walk with my girl sometimes really sucks.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

/bitching_end
I don't have a disorder like that, but I do have a torn knee on my right leg. I can definitely sympathize with having a constant source of pain/frustration. It sounds roughly similar in theory. The worst feeling is like you said with the girlfriend, not being able to do simple things sometimes. Or having to explain to people who don't understand the problem why you can't do certain things. You have an actual disorder, but I have to do that a lot.

Them: "Let's go swimming!"
Me: "Everytime I go swimming my entire knee pops out and shifts my knee cap to the side until I can pop it back in, hopefully before I start going into a form of shock."
Them: "Oh...But swimming's good for your knee!"

/bitching_end
Hawk52: I don't have a disorder like that, but I do have a torn knee on my right leg. I can definitely sympathize with having a constant source of pain/frustration. It sounds roughly similar in theory. The worst feeling is like you said with the girlfriend, not being able to do simple things sometimes. Or having to explain to people who don't understand the problem why you can't do certain things. You have an actual disorder, but I have to do that a lot.

Me: "Everytime I go swimming my entire knee pops out and shifts my knee cap to the side until I can pop it back in, hopefully before I start going into a form of shock."
yea i had friends like that to before i moved >.<; i was hit by a car a few years back and already been threw one surgery and need 2 more to be fully functional and my friend did the whole hey wanna go jogging or spar with me >.<; heh
Hawk52: I don't have a disorder like that, but I do have a torn knee on my right leg. I can definitely sympathize with having a constant source of pain/frustration. It sounds roughly similar in theory. The worst feeling is like you said with the girlfriend, not being able to do simple things sometimes. Or having to explain to people who don't understand the problem why you can't do certain things. You have an actual disorder, but I have to do that a lot.

SladeStrife: yea i had friends like that to before i moved >.<; i was hit by a car a few years back and already been threw one surgery and need 2 more to be fully functional and my friend did the whole hey wanna go jogging or spar with me >.<; heh
It's hard to be angry at them when they do it, but it does get old trying to explain that it's a serious medical condition that you can't just wish away.

or in my case "building back up the muscles" does no good when you have no ligaments left to build up.

But good intentions and all.
AlKim: I would probably get rid of them in any case, since at least two of them are growing literally sideways
Got you beaten by one! Thats how fucked up my teeth were before the op, having 3 extra wisdom teeth than a normal human wasn't helping